The Student Room Group

Would you ever get back with an ex who cheated?

Can it ever be justified?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You must take them back, but the relationship will never be the same as it was before. So in the end it won't work and you will leave them.
Reply 2
Never. Once trust is gone it is extremely difficult to build again.
Reply 3
No. I wont get back. It is like reading a book that you already done reading with the same ending. Darling, cheater will always be a cheater.
Reply 4
Original post by ellej93
No. I wont get back. It is like reading a book that you already done reading with the same ending. Darling, cheater will always be a cheater.

Not as simple as that though is it?
Depends on what is being classified as cheating. If he slept with someone else, there's no going back but if he was flirting over social media, then perhaps I could forgive it
depending on the size of their breasts
I never could
Reply 8
Original post by Alfed
Not as simple as that though is it?

Most cheaters have deep psychological flaws and habits from childhood that probably need professional help in honesty, even if it's just a self-discipline thing it still needs work. It's like addicts or criminals, they will more than likely reoffend due to lack of will power and empathy.
Reply 9
Yeah why not.
I think your self esteem would have to be pretty low (as in you dont believe u are worth more/can do better) for you to go back to someone who has cheated on you
no i'll forgive them but i'm not a mug
Reply 13
Original post by bluemadhatter
I think your self esteem would have to be pretty low (as in you dont believe u are worth more/can do better) for you to go back to someone who has cheated on you

Or you are a naturally forgiving person who tries to see the good in people. I've seen confident people do it as well, some people just don't give up which always ends badly because the other person is clearly weak and gives up the first chance they get.
Reply 14
no its unforgivable
No thanks.
Original post by whorace
Or you are a naturally forgiving person who tries to see the good in people. I've seen confident people do it as well, some people just don't give up which always ends badly because the other person is clearly weak and gives up the first chance they get.

these type of people always get hurt or walked all over js

just because someone "seems" confident it doesn't necessarily mean they dont have self esteem issues deep inside

when someone cheats it shows that they give basically no f*cks for the other person at that specific time so why would you want to fight for someone who at one point didnt even care about you?
As a young person, no, never. But when you have significant emotional/financial investments in your partner such as a house, kids, 25 years marriage it may be different then.
Reply 18
Original post by MountKimbie
As a young person, no, never. But when you have significant emotional/financial investments in your partner such as a house, kids, 25 years marriage it may be different then.

I'd not have a lying cheat anywhere near a child of mine
Original post by whorace
I'd not have a lying cheat anywhere near a child of mine

When the 'children' are 18 years old and unconditionally love that lying cheat, it's different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending