The Student Room Group

References for undergrad dissertation

So I'm almost done with my dissertation :h:
It's 10,000 words long and I have 67 references - I would say this is enough as it works out roughly, 150 words for every reference.
I have spoken to people about this and they think I should have 100+ references. For 1, I don't have any word count left to add more references and 2, there isn't that much up-to-date literature out there! (I'm writing about how parental involvement affects attainment in key stage 1).
What I'm asking is... Do you think I have enough? I would ask my supervisor but I feel like he's just going to tell me that you can't put a number on it, I just want a rough guide!

TIA :smile:
Original post by Georgia0206
So I'm almost done with my dissertation :h:
It's 10,000 words long and I have 67 references - I would say this is enough as it works out roughly, 150 words for every reference.
I have spoken to people about this and they think I should have 100+ references. For 1, I don't have any word count left to add more references and 2, there isn't that much up-to-date literature out there! (I'm writing about how parental involvement affects attainment in key stage 1).
What I'm asking is... Do you think I have enough? I would ask my supervisor but I feel like he's just going to tell me that you can't put a number on it, I just want a rough guide!

TIA :smile:

That sounds like plenty, my partner did an education degree and didnt use anywhere near 100 references and got a 2:1 on his dissertation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending