The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Postgraduate Application Sussex 2016 - 2017

Hi guys,

Anyone applying for postgraduate courses at Sussex this year?

I've just applied for the MSc in Energy Policy and haven't heard anything yet from the school. I am not sure whether they will require an interview or not.

I have no experience with UK application system, so it would be great to hear more updates from you guys.
Reply 1
I have applied for the MSc in Climate Change, Development and Policy, and I haven't heard back yet either. I don't think they do interviews.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by Jecca0
I have applied for the MSc in Climate Change, Development and Policy, and I haven't heard back yet either. I don't think they do interviews.

Thanks Jecca0. I already got an offer a few days after my application.

Do you have any idea about the job prospect of this MSc course or Uni of Sussex in general?
Reply 3
Oh congratulations! How many days did you wait for a reply?
Reply 4
Original post by Jecca0
Oh congratulations! How many days did you wait for a reply?

Thank you. As I remember, after around 2 days they emailed me to ask for my degree, and 2 days later, the system sent me an update of the offer.

I am waiting to see whether I can get a scholarship to study, so I am still so nervous...
Reply 5
I also sent my application and it has been 2 weeks but i haven't heard anything from the uni.

:<
Reply 6
Original post by EmmaTg
I also sent my application and it has been 2 weeks but i haven't heard anything from the uni.

:<

Don't worry, they will have the easter holiday, I guess. And the standard time that UK school takes is around 6 weeks, as I heard from other threads.
Reply 7
Original post by vananhdo
Don't worry, they will have the easter holiday, I guess. And the standard time that UK school takes is around 6 weeks, as I heard from other threads.

:smile: Yeah guess i will keep waiting :biggrin:
So you will definitely go for Sussex? I got offer from Southampton and I think I will take it. Well but I do like Brighton the city, that's why i still have my eyes on Sussex :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by EmmaTg
:smile: Yeah guess i will keep waiting :biggrin:
So you will definitely go for Sussex? I got offer from Southampton and I think I will take it. Well but I do like Brighton the city, that's why i still have my eyes on Sussex :biggrin:

I don't know because the scholarship result will be in June, so I have to keep waiting. I still have no offer from other schools. What is good about Brighton? I heard it is a smaller London, but I haven't been to the UK before, so I can't imagine.
Reply 9
I got my offer yesterday!! So relieved! I think they are trying to get as many done as possible before the Easter holidays. I did my undergrad at Sussex Uni (Development Studies), and I can't recommend the Uni or the town enough. I never left Brighton, and it is definitely my favorite place in England. Are you both from overseas? Please feel free to pick my brain about Brighton if so!
Reply 10
Original post by Jecca0
I got my offer yesterday!! So relieved! I think they are trying to get as many done as possible before the Easter holidays. I did my undergrad at Sussex Uni (Development Studies), and I can't recommend the Uni or the town enough. I never left Brighton, and it is definitely my favorite place in England. Are you both from overseas? Please feel free to pick my brain about Brighton if so!

Congratulations. So you are definitely studying there this year?

Yes, I am from overseas and never been to Brighton before. I know the Development studies program there is very good. But do you have any idea about the Energy Policy course by Sussex Energy Policy Group?
Reply 11
Original post by vananhdo
I don't know because the scholarship result will be in June, so I have to keep waiting. I still have no offer from other schools. What is good about Brighton? I heard it is a smaller London, but I haven't been to the UK before, so I can't imagine.

I have never been there either but my friend lived there and he just couldnt recommend the lovely city enough. Friendly atmosphere, beautiful views, life isnt as busy as London yet not boring either. He insisted i would love every single day in Brighton. He is British btw.
@jec: yeah am oversea as well :smile:
Reply 12
*First post on this discussion board*

Congrats to all that got in and to those waiting, I'm sure you'll be in Brighton soon enough to study at Sussex.

I applied for the MA Global Political Economy program and I was accepted about a week ago. I believe I applied in mid-late February. I'm coming from Canada however and so I have to pay overseas fees (Our dollar is incredibly weak right now too!!!). I'm relying on scholarships, etc, to help me fund my studies so I'll be sending in my application later today.

I'm waiting on a few other offers to come in, all from great schools in London but I'm a bit weary of living in an incredibly expensive place like London. I know absolutely NOTHING about Brighton other than basics like on water, seems cool enough, etc. I don't know ANYTHING about the campus, I don't know anything about the people, accommodation, prices, etc. If anybody can shed some light that would help, other than that I'll be researching today and tomorrow on it!

Regardless, program looks amazing and I'm excited beyond comprehension!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending