The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Teaching

Can you go into teaching if you are a teaching assistant? Because there are some teacher training programmes for those in work?
Original post by J_1234
Can you go into teaching if you are a teaching assistant? Because there are some teacher training programmes for those in work?

Yep I am on a teacher training course in Newman University and there are lots of trainnees that used to be teaching assistants on my course. I think they are lucky as they have first hand experience of the school environment and as they have seen what the job is like, they can be be more sure that its what they want to do.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by TerrificTeacher
Yep I am on a teacher training course in Newman University and there are lots of trainnees that used to be teaching assistants on my course. I think they are lucky as they have first hand experience of the school environment and as they have seen what the job is like, they can be be more sure that its what they want to do.

- That's good! :smile:
How would I be able to apply in the future and what are the terms and conditions to apply, I want to know more about it
Reply 3

What other universities offer this programme?
How would I be able to apply in the future and what are the terms and conditions to apply, I want to know more about it

I haven't been to any other universities so I don't know if they have people who used to be teacher assistants on their courses, but I'm sure there are lots because it's a good career progression. Each course and university will have different conditions to meet to get on their course, which you can find on their website or on UCAS.
Reply 5

I haven't been to any other universities so I don't know if they have people who used to be teacher assistants on their courses, but I'm sure there are lots because it's a good career progression. Each course and university will have different conditions to meet to get on their course, which you can find on their website or on UCAS.

Lol this is the reply to the private message you replied to as it does not let me send you one back-Thank you:smile: And A2 is so hard compared to AS, thanks for all the details, it really helps! and will you be able to ask your tutor? that would be great thanks. I've heard that School Direct is really good:smile: and the subjects I am taking for A-levels are History, Sociology and Religious Studies, all my exams are in June:eek: And what I'm hopefully planning to do after Sixth form is to take an apprenticeship with a Nursery for a duration of a year to develop my experience, with the Apprenticeship I will receive a childcare qualification at the end in which I will be able to become a teaching assistant, once I become one, I want to work as a TA for a bit. And after that maybe go onto teaching? But I'm a bit confused about the teacher training programmes and what the requirements are,I want to know what are the requirements for someone who is in work but holds no degree but has other qualifications such as GCSEs and A-levels and wants to go into teaching through a teacher training programme. And wow that's amazing you got a scholarship!!:smile: and Newmans is a very good University. Thanks for all the information you have given me! Hope to hear back from you soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending