The Student Room Group

Bank of America Merrill Lynch- Banking Uncovered 2016

Scroll to see replies

If you guys are this nervous, how will you cope for spring week applications haha. Yeah Nomura is quite competitive. I was rej last year and the people met after that had got in were really cool. I have a offer this year tho which is nice.
Original post by amahmoud0129
Jpm was long time ago for me mate that was for the think ahead program i heard it was a useless program anyway , made me feel a bit better lool

Hey man, Why do you think the 'think ahead' programme is useless? I got into it for this year. I know its in bournemouth and its mainly back office but at the end of the day it it still gives you a 'JP Morgan' brand on your CV right?
Hi man i havent been to it personally however i was told it was useless by some people who went . However i agree with you bank branding looks great on your cv :smile:
Reply 103
Original post by Princepieman

Hi man, what's the title of the CS insight? Can't seem to find the application form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
Original post by iBall
Hi man, what's the title of the CS insight? Can't seem to find the application form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look under the events page bro!
Reply 105
Original post by JGeza
Look under the events page bro!

Thanks bud

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't get it lads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I didn't get it either. Anyway, there's always next year
Original post by Princepieman
Didn't get it lads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol even you... I'm disappointed in you, Mr Pieman.
Me either. I thought it was light work. Learnt a good lesson.
Hope those rejections help you to understand how clustered IB is now.
Just got my rejection too..I dont understand..my application was banging (apparently not :smile: )
Well looks like BAML are not getting a SW application from me this year...they are gonna regret this big time....
Original post by BarryBeTrippin

Yeah. I'm seriously considering whether IB is even for me, I got rejected from Nomura as well. But I'll try again next year since there will be more insight days next year for me to apply to.
Original post by Daniel9998
Just got my rejection too..I dont understand..my application was banging (apparently not :smile: )
Well looks like BAML are not getting a SW application from me this year...they are gonna regret this big time....

Lol they won't give two ant droppings about whether you apply for their SWs or not... but I'm sure you were joking
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah. I'm seriously considering whether IB is even for me, I got rejected from Nomura as well. But I'll try again next year since there will be more insight days next year for me to apply to.

I honestly think it's worth being open minded in this regard.

There are other well paid, and less competitive roles in finance.
Original post by Daniel9998

Apply anyway.. I think they favour kids that haven't had much exposure to IB for their banking uncovered insight programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99

Lol, this is only the beginning you can't give up now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope. If you're good enough or/and are what they're looking for you get the gig.

Original post by BarryBeTrippin
Original post by President J
Nope. If you're good enough or/and are what they're looking for you get the gig.

Indeed. But the pool of people you're competing is far too large for me to consider it worthwhile.

There are easier, equally well paid positions to get into. Easier in the respect that there's less competition.
Original post by President J

Can confirm from our circle of friends that this is v true.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending