The Student Room Group

If you had £150,000 to invest?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by the bear
rare Queen Elizabeth II stamps. In a few years they will shoot up in value when... you know :cry2:

No more of that legendary waving 👋🏻 peak times
buy property to rent out
Bonds, stocks, RE
Original post by Axlerod
Let's say you have £150,000 that you want to use to make more money. What would you do/invest in?

iwould buy 2 flats live in one and rent one the one you want to rent should be bought in a area were its hard to find a place to live or its expensive lets say u buy something for 75000 and most falts are £800pcm to rent rent yours for 650-700pcm on a 6m contract after 6ms just raise the contract to 800-850+ pcm and you have a income thats better then min wage if you go to work its like having 2 incomes this can generate for another property and yu still have a place to livre if u want a acr u can get something under £2000 that less the 10 in insurance groups so u have a way to move around i think thats a great investment .
Original post by jamesthehustler
pour it into my business and high some high end stuff so if i buy the six lots i am looking at for £150,000 (ok five the sixth one is my current love in wrist form a white gold/leather annual calendar complications patek philippe) but allowing for the £135,000 i'd invest i'd make say 60% of price estimates (allowing for a quick trade turnover) i'd actually after 30% deducted for for tax i'd make £26,000 for 2 hours of research, 4 weeks of waiting, 10 minutes on the phone and a 2 hour return train trip and reinvest that in profit in two lots to make a profit of £29,000 after cost ar take out for the same process so id make £150,000 in to a beautiful patek philippe and a profit of £29,000 in a less than three months

And perhaps use that £29k on punctuation lessons?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shaymarriott
And perhaps use that £29k on punctuation lessons?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah it's my quirk and part of my dyslexia that makes me the dealer i am so probably reinvest 20k and buy me a nice watch like a preowned harry winston ocean
Reply 26
Original post by Aleks2001
iwould buy 2 flats live in one and rent one the one you want to rent should be bought in a area were its hard to find a place to live or its expensive lets say u buy something for 75000 and most falts are £800pcm to rent rent yours for 650-700pcm on a 6m contract after 6ms just raise the contract to 800-850+ pcm and you have a income thats better then min wage if you go to work its like having 2 incomes this can generate for another property and yu still have a place to livre if u want a acr u can get something under £2000 that less the 10 in insurance groups so u have a way to move around i think thats a great investment .

I like the idea of being able to buy two flats for £150,000, each of which can be rented out for £800pcm :rofl:
Reply 27
I would put 90% on on oil companies, 10% short gold

Edit: don't waste your money on overvalued houses. Wait for better times
Original post by KeriKG
I would put 90% on on oil companies, 10% short gold

Edit: don't waste your money on overvalued houses. Wait for better times

Would be so amusing if we left the EU and prices dropped 30%, the great lulzfest of negative equity of our time
If I had £150 000 to invest, I'd end up on a Use of Maths AQA Paper, where I have to work out how much this interest will change over time, then work out my AER, depending on how long I invest it for.

The actual money though would be used by me to go and see a load of shows at the theatre.

Because money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending