The Student Room Group

Bank of America Merrill Lynch- Banking Uncovered 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
Lol they won't give two ant droppings about whether you apply for their SWs or not... but I'm sure you were joking

I was being dead serious. Once my SW applications are sent off, word on the street will spread quick, banks will be fighting over me. Then BAML realises, wait a second... we are the only bank this IB god hasn't sent an application too, wtf?

Thats phase 1. Phase 2 is when I become CEO of JPM, GS or whatever and I bankrupt the **** out of BAML, that'll teach them to reject my insight day application.
Original post by BarryBeTrippin
Indeed. But the pool of people you're competing is far too large for me to consider it worthwhile.

There are easier, equally well paid positions to get into. Easier in the respect that there's less competition.

What Princepieman said. I prefer to know I got something through merit + I genuinely have an interest in finance. Besides, excluding super stardom and football, easier + well paid roles are rare.

The pay in IB isn't bad either mind.
Reply 122
Is anyone here going to the Nomura First Steps programme?:smile:
Rejected as well, two years on the bounce lol.

Original post by RSweet
Is anyone here going to the Nomura First Steps programme?:smile:

Yeah, will be:smile:
Rejected aswell for **** sake nomura , jp and baml . I have to wait for this Social mobillity foundation internship with Jp to see if i got accepted aswell as Morgan stanley got into Hsbc tho attended that boring useless Investin programme. Anyone been to the Morgan stanley open day ?
Original post by amahmoud0129
Rejected aswell for **** sake nomura , jp and baml . I have to wait for this Social mobillity foundation internship with Jp to see if i got accepted aswell as Morgan stanley got into Hsbc tho attended that boring useless Investin programme. Anyone been to the Morgan stanley open day ?

Lol it's a well known fact that all non-free insight days like InvestIn are a complete waste.

Jesus. Its called a comma dude
I agree with you however it was something to write down to show intrest , was really boring and a waste of time so many cocky people there who were saying big words to the speakers which did not make sense and not relate to finance trying to impress when they embarrassed themselves lol
Original post by JJarosz98
First Nomura now BAML.... would seem these programmes are harder to get into than LSE or Cambridge, or just look for different things.

Original post by econam
Rejected as well, two years on the bounce lol.

Yeah, will be:smile:

Chill out guys.. I have high hopes for the people in this thread over the next 3-4 years. It's one insight day, I'm fairly sure you'll nab yourselves a decent SW seat when the time comes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Loooool even that Prince guy didn't get in... WTF? He loves IB so much, honestly can't believe it.

I got a no as well. I think I'm going to consider other career paths now, don't think I'm cut out for IB internships if I can't even get into a simple insight day.
Original post by Princepieman
Chill out guys.. I have high hopes for the people in this thread over the next 3-4 years. It's one insight day, I'm fairly sure you'll nab yourselves a decent SW seat when the time comes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Btw mate do you know any other places open for applications ?
Also would you recommend on getting feedback for where i went wrong? some reason nomura used to always provide feedback and this year they never
Yeah, but I've turned it down because it was only for back office which is the only part of the bank RBS was doing SWs in. I'm not really interested in back office tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What experience in IB do you have in terms of insight days, SWs or other work placements/internships? Just wondering- don't need to know specific details if you don't want to disclose. I mean you know so much about IB- the knowledge has to come from somewhere lol
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed. Like Aragorn, son of Arathorn once said, "A day may come when the courage of men fails... but it is not THIS day."
Original post by Daniel9998
Jesus. Its called a comma dude

Lol today is not the day for me sorry.
Original post by Ladbants
Loooool even that Prince guy didn't get in... WTF? He loves IB so much, honestly can't believe it.

I got a no as well. I think I'm going to consider other career paths now, don't think I'm cut out for IB internships if I can't even get into a simple insight day.

Lol, I'm not fazed by this mate.. It's an a level insight day, my friends have done 1 or 2 and are landing 5+ SWs this year.

Please don't. Learn to stomach stuff like this because the rejections won't stop; of you're not prepared to do that, it'll be tough ride applying to internships and grad jobs in general.
Original post by Trapz99
What experience in IB do you have in terms of insight days, SWs or other work placements/internships? Just wondering- don't need to know specific details if you don't want to disclose. I mean you know so much about IB- the knowledge has to come from somewhere lol

Have work exp. at BP, Clifford Chance and an insight at RBS (FO). The knowledge is from networking with bankers, consultants, PE guys and VCs. As well as 3 years of reading books and forums.
I did not get in either sadly. I'm only in year 12 so have another chance next year. The problem for me is that will this have helped in any way for uni applications and other insights next year such as the insight days?? Also for this programme, should you market yourself as having no experience in IB or having some since i put down the crappy invest in programme which was so bad. I'm sooooo sad right now :frown::frown::frown: I wanted it soooo bad.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Daniel9998
Indeed. Like Aragorn, son of Arathorn once said, "A day may come when the courage of men fails... but it is not THIS day."

Where would I be without your quotes. Never ceases to amuse.
Original post by _Bridgewater_
I did not get in either sadly. I'm only in year 12 so have another chance next year. The problem for me is that will this have helped in any way for uni applications and other insights next year such as the insight days?? Also for this programme, should you market yourself as having no experience in IB or having some since i put down the crappy invest in programme which was so bad. I'm sooooo sad right now :frown::frown::frown: I wanted it soooo bad.

Yeah, I'd probably emphasise your 'willingness to learn about the industry' more than anything. It seems like all the people who know about finance/had prior experience were rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You got SMF at JPM? Nice dude! Make sure you smash it and network and keep in touch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending