The Student Room Group

School shoes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Legendary Quest
Just get a new pair that are the same as the ones you already have. You can get them for like £3 at Primark.

I get the 2 pairs for £8 from shoe sone I think
Reply 21
Original post by Legendary Quest
Please don't tell me you want Vans simply because your friends got them

It's one of the reasons
Original post by Tomj200
It's one of the reasons

oh please, just because your friends have vans and you dont doesnt mean that your less "cool"... when will people realise this, its not about what shoes your wearing, your in school to learn, and the shoes are there so your feet are warm and protected.

I personally would go for some nice leather/fake leather shoes which are sturdy and waterproof, none of this vans/pumps rubbish, its worth spending a bit more on sturdy shoes which will last years (my shoes lasted 4 years and they cost £40, but they were sturdy leather ones from clarks) than spending the same on vans which just break in a few months.

I have never understood the logic,
Reply 23
Original post by Natalierm2707
oh please, just because your friends have vans and you dont doesnt mean that your less "cool"... when will people realise this, its not about what shoes your wearing, your in school to learn, and the shoes are there so your feet are warm and protected.

I personally would go for some nice leather/fake leather shoes which are sturdy and waterproof, none of this vans/pumps rubbish, its worth spending a bit more on sturdy shoes which will last years (my shoes lasted 4 years and they cost £40, but they were sturdy leather ones from clarks) than spending the same on vans which just break in a few months.

I have never understood the logic,

I have never worn proper school shoes lol used to wear black trainers but now like pumps and thought about vans
Original post by Tomj200
I have never worn proper school shoes lol used to wear black trainers but now like pumps and thought about vans

can I ask why? proper school shoes (as you call them) are very sturdy, long lasting and make so much more sense as they are waterproof.
Original post by Tomj200

Focus less on your shoes and more on your school work (i.e. Your spelling and grammar).

Seriously, if you care so much about getting the vans, save/earn some money and buy them yourself.
Reply 26
To be fair Aswell my £4 pumps have lasted since around November and I'm still wearing them
Reply 27
can I ask why? proper school shoes (as you call them) are very sturdy, long lasting and make so much more sense as they are waterproof.

I always used to wear plain black trainers
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
Focus less on your shoes and more on your school work (i.e. Your spelling and grammar).

Seriously, if you care so much about getting the vans, save/earn some money and buy them yourself.

couldnt agree more with this... its obvious where some peoples priorities lie!

Original post by Tomj200
To be fair Aswell my £4 pumps have lasted since around November and I'm still wearing them

thats 4 months/5 months, Im nearly 19 and have had shoes since the age of 15 which I wear nearly every single day (im a one shoe girl, they just go with everything) and they still are fine, thats because I spent a lot of money on them (around £90), you really do get what you pay for, £4 for 4 months = £40 for 40 months...
Reply 29
Original post by Hopefulmedic15

I wouldn't be able to save up for them
Reply 30
couldnt agree more with this... its obvious where some peoples priorities lie!

thats 4 months/5 months, Im nearly 19 and have had shoes since the age of 15 which I wear nearly every single day (im a one shoe girl, they just go with everything) and they still are fine, thats because I spent a lot of money on them (around £90), you really do get what you pay for, £4 for 4 months = £40 for 40 months...

There still ok to wear at the moment plus I wouldn't wear proper school shoes hate them
Original post by Tomj200
There still ok to wear at the moment plus I wouldn't wear proper school shoes hate them

why because you dont look "cool"???
Dammnnn Daniel, back at it again with the black vanssss
Reply 33
why because you dont look "cool"???

Yh literally everyone wears pumps or trainers at my school some girls wear ugg style boots Aswell
Original post by Tomj200
Yh literally everyone wears pumps or trainers at my school some girls wear ugg style boots Aswell

ok each to their own. I just never saw the fuss of following the crowd, it was the same at my school, but they were the people who came in with soaking wet feet or their shoes would need glueing in the middle of school, by shoes were strong, waterproof and had great grip for running around in.

just do what you want ,
Reply 35
ok each to their own. I just never saw the fuss of following the crowd, it was the same at my school, but they were the people who came in with soaking wet feet or their shoes would need glueing in the middle of school, by shoes were strong, waterproof and had great grip for running around in.

just do what you want ,

My pumps get soaked sometimes but it's quite funny everyone's shoes are next to the radiators in lesson
Original post by Tomj200
My pumps get soaked sometimes but it's quite funny everyone's shoes are next to the radiators in lesson

That aint funny dude.
Original post by Tomj200
Do you think they will last until the end of the year my friends tell me I need a new pair I'm not sure though

do you know what you do need a new pair of?

Spoiler

Reply 38
Original post by thefatone
do you know what you do need a new pair of?

Spoiler

A pair of what ??
Reply 39
Original post by Samistrawberry
That aint funny dude.

It was last week lol literally all 8 of us I'm my maths class had to dry out shoes

Quick Reply

Latest