The Student Room Group

I'm fed up with the daily mails islamophobia and racism

Scroll to see replies

Original post by intelligent con
The daily mail is constantly publishing anti refugee or anti muslim articles like this one to try and portray all muslims as barbaric savages. Despite the fact these muslims are a small minority of extreme shia (like president Assad who the mail supports), they are trying to stir up trouble against the muslim population as a whole which is why the UK is becoming such a racist uncomfortable place to be recently.

Additionally their rhetoric about the refugees has made the attitude in this country to the greatest humanitarian crisis since World war two disgusting. They generalise all refugees as rapists and Jihadis just because of a few bad apples and for some reason seem to believe that because some refugees are male they are cowards and for some reason incapable of fleeing Assads barbarity.

A combination of these two factors has made it so the UK has not had a serious response to the refugee crisis making the plight of these poor people even worse. I am fed up with this rag and think it should be banned for inciting hatred, anyone else agree?

If you honestly think that any one newspaper is a fair representation of the British public then you are as ignorant as the people you are accusing.
Reply 61
Original post by The_Internet
The DM is so obviously biased
The Guardian is too
As is the Telegraph
As is the Times

etc.. etc..

If you want news "as is" then read it on Reuters.

I agree everywhere has its own agenda.
(edited 8 years ago)
I love it fam, if you smell me cuz :wink:
Oh gosh, not another post where yet another young student has been indoctrinated into thinking that censorship and banning is the correct move when you don't like something.

I worry about the future.
Original post by The_Internet
I read biased sources. (some left wing and right wing papers) For a totally non biased source, you head to the source that all newspapers use which is Reuters.

Assuming you don't have expert knowledge in every area they report in, how do know they're totally non-biased?
Original post by JezWeCan!
Provide a link to demonstrate that what the Guardian said then is no longer true or your comment is meaningless.

They seemed to be doing ok last year too...

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/feb/20/mail-online-gains-17m-unique-browsers-as-newspaper-sites-bounce-back

Your second comment is just incredibly ignorant and ill informed. Ironic since that is what you accuse the Mail readership of.

Print and online UK figures includes 3,567,000 people classified as ABC1.

http://www.newsworks.org.uk/Daily-Mail

You started on me because i said only plebs and builders read this garbage. No one who genuinely wants to inform themselves of current affairs will use the DM.Im not going to try and argue about that with you. Thats just common knowledge, no one thinks they are fully reliable and useful. Its also mainly for celeb gossip, that kind of crap
Its really easy saying im 'ill informed'. You must be deluded to suggest that the Daily Mail is a genuine broadsheet news source.
I wonder why you are defending the DM like this. But thats none of my business.
Original post by KimKallstrom
So you're saying that builders are simpletons who can't think for themselves. Dig deeper.

Oh shut up, its just a reference to the stereotype that builders are the ones that look at page 3 and other stereotypes
Original post by joecphillips
Give 3 examples

No, find it yourself.

Where do you follow the news then if you find this biased?

The independent, The economist. Sometimes the BBC. I mainly watch BBC news on TV. And Aljazeera, not fully reliable but they seem to be the only ones that report on the middle eastern crisis.
Original post by JezWeCan!
Provide a link to demonstrate that what the Guardian said then is no longer true or your comment is meaningless.

They seemed to be doing ok last year too...

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/feb/20/mail-online-gains-17m-unique-browsers-as-newspaper-sites-bounce-back

Your second comment is just incredibly ignorant and ill informed. Ironic since that is what you accuse the Mail readership of.

Print and online UK figures includes 3,567,000 people classified as ABC1.

http://www.newsworks.org.uk/Daily-Mail

If you're gonna take my comment that literally, then I have no time for you.
Reply 69
Original post by A$aprocky
No, find it yourself.

The independent, The economist. Sometimes the BBC. I mainly watch BBC news on TV. And Aljazeera, not fully reliable but they seem to be the only ones that report on the middle eastern crisis.

You have stated something as a fact so back it up with facts.
You have stated something as a fact so back it up with facts.

It's common knowledge that they have a history of making up details up within an article. Whilst they dont blatantly type up a load of rubbish, details are often exaggerated or even false. If its that much of a concern, search it up yourself. I've tried to search it up but the results are just pages from DM. From the top of my head, i remember frequent misuse of the term 'migrant' with 'refugees', a load of rubbish about Jeremy Clarkson, random things that can give you cancer (completely false, based on myth) and a generally pro Conservative propoganda that often hates on Jeremy Corbyn. I have neither the time nor effort to laboriously get you some links.
Same, the Daily Mail is annoyingly disgusting.
Original post by DiddyDec
It also means the hatred of Islam which can be entirely justifiable.

A stupid statement.

You're hating on an entire religion because less than 0.1% of them are causing problems, that is entirely irrational.
Original post by Frank Underwood
A stupid statement.

You're hating on an entire religion because less than 0.1% of them are causing problems, that is entirely irrational.

0.1%? Have a laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
0.1%? Have a laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile

you're right, closer to 0.0001%
Reply 75
Original post by intelligent con
The daily mail is constantly publishing anti refugee or anti muslim articles like this one to try and portray all muslims as barbaric savages. Despite the fact these muslims are a small minority of extreme shia (like president Assad who the mail supports), they are trying to stir up trouble against the muslim population as a whole which is why the UK is becoming such a racist uncomfortable place to be recently.

Additionally their rhetoric about the refugees has made the attitude in this country to the greatest humanitarian crisis since World war two disgusting. They generalise all refugees as rapists and Jihadis just because of a few bad apples and for some reason seem to believe that because some refugees are male they are cowards and for some reason incapable of fleeing Assads barbarity.

A combination of these two factors has made it so the UK has not had a serious response to the refugee crisis making the plight of these poor people even worse. I am fed up with this rag and think it should be banned for inciting hatred, anyone else agree?

By sharing their links you are helping them.
A stupid statement.

No I hate the religion because of its doctrine, such as persecuting gays.
When you will survive things like that you will change your mind about islam. Not saying everyone are like this, but you gotta live in southern or eastern Europe to have something more to say about 'islamophobia'.

http://offmediastories.tumblr.com/post/141452553987/syrian-refugees-stripped-naked-white-racist-guy
A stupid statement.

You will make a good Dhimmi.
you're right, closer to 0.0001%

My mistake I thought these attitudes came from the culture not the book.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11434695/Over-a-quarter-of-British-Muslims-have-sympathy-for-the-Charlie-Hebdo-terrorists.-That-is-far-too-many.html
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending