The Student Room Group

Yemeni Jews smuggled out - the Islamic apartheid

Very interesting story, the last group of Yemeni Jews has been smuggled out of that war-torn land and conveyed to safety in Israel. Jews used to make up a significant part of the population of the Yemen, but since 1948 they have been subject to persecution and like the Jewish populations of all the other Arab states they have gradually moved to Israel.

50 community members were airlifted out, including their community rabbi who brought their 600 year old Torah scrolls with him.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/17-yemenite-jews-secretly-airlifted-to-israel/

There are about 50 Jews left in Yemen, but these are the old diehards in their 70s and 80s who refuse to leave. There will be no further airlifts, so the last generation of Jews has definitely passed in the Yemen.

It's very sad but just one more example of the Islamic apartheid that has mutilated the demography of the Middle East. The Yemeni Jews were the remnants of a 6th century Jewish kingdom that used to exist in southern Arabia. The last Jews left Arabia proper in the 17th century (even though they were perhaps 40% of the population in Mohammed's time). There are said to be no Jews left in Baghdad, very sad given they had lived in Mesopotamia since around 600BC. There are maybe 20 or so Jews left in Cairo.

What we are seeing is the homogenisation of the Middle East and the subjugation of all to Arab Muslim culture. Cast your mind back to antiquity and imagine how diverse the Middle East was back then, with Greeks and Jews and Romans and Egyptians all living together, independent city states worshipping a multiplicity of gods. It's all been downhill since the 7th century and due to the inability of Islam to tolerate any other religions.

The Jews were one remnant of that region's past, as were the Yezidis and Assyrians and Chaldeans of Northern Iraq who all represented a pre-Arab, pre-Islam culture and now they are being driven out too.
I thought I'd post this cool picture I found, it's from Iraq in 1932; a picture of a purported Tomb of Ezekiel (a Jewish prophet) and the Jewish family that were the custodians. Of course it's in a part of Iraq where no Jew could travel let alone live now. It did pique my interest because the shape reminded me of the Yezidi temples

Once again a Muslim country becomes 'just for muslims'
Original post by BaconandSauce
Once again a Muslim country becomes 'just for muslims'

They are, invariably, an overbearing majority and a turbulent minority. The only hope in the Middle East is the atheist awakening that is slowly taking shape
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
They are, invariably, an overbearing majority and a turbulent minority. The only hope in the Middle East is the atheist awakening that is slowly taking shape

If it is it will only be violently suppressed

I hold little hope for that region while it is under the yoke of Islam.
Reply 5

Note the word: slowly taking place, I bet much doubt the world of Islam is going to go atheist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Well muslims are killing each other in the Middle East, feel sorry for the non muslims caught in the middle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_dog
Note the word: slowly taking place, I bet much doubt the world of Islam is going to go atheist.

To question one's beliefs requires rationalism.
Original post by BaconandSauce
If it is it will only be violently suppressed

I hold little hope for that region while it is under the yoke of Islam.

There was a poll that showed 5% of Saudis explicitly identify as atheists, and 19% as having no religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_in_Saudi_Arabia

There are also increasing reports of people standing up to the religious police and refusing to be bullied, and even women who go out in public without the burqa and then scream at the religious police when they try to force them to go home
> Yemeni warfare's agenda is to wipe off all non Muslims
There was a poll that showed 5% of Saudis explicitly identify as atheists, and 19% as having no religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_in_Saudi_Arabia

There are also increasing reports of people standing up to the religious police and refusing to be bullied, and even women who go out in public without the burqa and then scream at the religious police when they try to force them to go home

Not surprising. There's no better way to be disillusioned with Islam than being around Wahhabi/Salafi fundamentalists.
Israel and Saudi Arabia are accomplices in evil.
Once again muslims prove they cannot co-exist with any other cultures. They're terrible.
Original post by NickLCFC.
Once again muslims prove they cannot co-exist with any other cultures. They're terrible.

You would fit in just fine with them 👍🏼
I would add, this is why the existence of Israel is so vital. If you want to see any kind of diversity (i.e. at least one non-Islamic realm) in that region, then Israel is vital.

If Israel falls, then it will be wall-to-wall Islam, and the great diversity of the ancient near East will have been lost forever. That cannot be allowed
Original post by TaintedLight
You would fit in just fine with them 👍🏼

In fairness, he seems to be stating a fact. They are invariably a turbulent minority and an overbearing majority
In fairness, he seems to be stating a fact. They are invariably a turbulent minority and an overbearing majority

You are poorly informed. It's not really surprising though.

Ali Abdullah Saleh had no sentiments what religion the inhabitants in South Yemen practiced nor did he care. And his successor, Abd Mansoor Hadi, had even lesser intentions to persecute any of his citizens who practiced a faith other than Islam.

The Iran nuclear deal and the entry of Houthi rebels into Aden (which is backed by Iran) is what pushed the Yemen topic in our international media's spotlight.

The crisis has been raging for years. But I guess now is a greater need for delinquents to propagate an environment for xenophobic voices to thrive.

I guess congratulations are in order?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending