The Student Room Group

Today, I'm proud of myself because....

Scroll to see replies

I'm proud because I passed my theory test today first time around but I'm more proud of the fact I took a bad panic attack half way through it and pushed my chair back a few times ready to get up and walk out the room and leave but I stood my ground and finished the test and was gobsmacked when I passed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went outside today after quite a few days indoors and an absolutely horrific day yesterday :redface:
Because I'm finding it hard to give a ****.
because i woke up before 1pm
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm proud because I passed my theory test today first time around but I'm more proud of the fact I took a bad panic attack half way through it and pushed my chair back a few times ready to get up and walk out the room and leave but I stood my ground and finished the test and was gobsmacked when I passed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done :smile:

to answer the question because i checked up on a friend who is feeling ill
I got one of the highest marks in a mini business test in class today :biggrin: Nice idea for a thread though :smile:
Today I spoke to a couple of people whom I haven't spoken to in over a year and they didn't just ignore my messages like I thought they might :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm proud of myself for not giving up even though I've had mental issues for the past 5 years.
It's worsening, but I'm still going.

You are spectacular, I hope you know that Not giving up is a large amount of the battle, you should be incredibly proud. I hope things get better, that your perseverence pays off, I really do.

Today I'm proud of finally going back to driving lessons after quitting them last year due to my panic attacks worsening. I have found a much better instructor this time around who I not only get on like a house of fire with but who also makes me feel 100% confident while driving and makes me feel fine about making muck ups
Oh my gosh! Driving lessons are so nervewracking, that is incredibly strong! Good luck with the test!
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Today I helped co-facilitate a workshop on mindfulness and mental wellbeing at a local further education college... and I didn't cry, blush or break down

Those are some amazing topics, I bet you made a really big difference to those people - you are such a kind and strong person.

Original post by Sabertooth
Today I'm proud of myself because I got 100% on a uni quiz. Feeling really good about that, I need a few more to drag my C grade up to a B or hopefully even an A!

100%??? Dayumm, you should be so so so proud! Did anyone else get full marks? You are exceptional, my friend, and I don't think that A stands a chance with you coming after it!

Original post by Guls
I washed my hands after going to the toilets

Yes, doing your bit for public hygiene! *high fives your nice clean hands*

Original post by Tom78
I just made a lot of progress on a song I'm writing :biggrin:

Ooh, very exciting! I'm so unmusical, I respect anyone who can play or sing so much.

Original post by Nicoley-oley
Today I helped cater for a funeral for the first time, me and my mum spent around 5 hours preparing sandwiches and buffet food for a friend's mother in law's funeral, we also helped clean her house and set out the food and drinks whilst they were at the service, it was the least we could do for her really. I guess I'm proud because she really appreciated the effort we made and we really did try to make it as special as possible, especially since she has been really struggling through this whole situation.

So kind of you, you are such a selfless person! You must have made her day so much less stressful than it otherwise would have been.

Original post by PsychoD
Seeing this thread made me reflect on what I do, and pulled me from the working rut to reflect for a moment. Helped stop a few suicides whilst keeping a cool head, was considerate and timely for emergencies and made me consider that my actions do have a very real impact on the lives of others. I'll take more pride from now on and will talk out issues rather than bottling up anymore. Who'd have thought writing something could be so cathartic.

I'm very glad, we all need a moment to reflect Your day was clearly more productive than the rest of ours put together, it seems. You are truly selfless, talented and brave, to have helped those people in such a calm and considerate manner, and I'm glad that you're talking. As special as such actions are, they take an incredible toll on you, and you need to recognise the amazing things you have done. If I may, I'll suggest you this link, it may be good reading.

Original post by Pochoze
Because I finally finished my A-level physics coursework! Had to cut it down to the right word limit because I waffled on. Submitted it; done and dusted.

Yes! What a relief, and congratulations! Onwards and upwards now!

Original post by triphazards
I got out of bed

It totally counts, and well done Not always the easiest thing, but you did it.

Original post by chelseafreak
i stood up for myself

I'm very proud of you for recognising that you have rights, you're an incredible and strong person worthy of all the love in the world, and everyone else should know that too.

Original post by snowster
Today i'm proud of myself for asking for help.
I've never been one to ask for help with anything, but today (at around 4am) I emailed my university's mental health team to make an appointment for support. It's been an emotional morning but *hopefully* it's the start of something new.

(Also, I'm proud of me yesterday too, because I actually found the energy to go to my lecture for once)

Edit: I'm being proud of myself again for today, sorry not sorry. I just finished a piece of coursework that's not even due today.

Asking for help is one of the scariest and hardest things to do, but you did it. You're on the path to getting better, you're recognising each little victory, and battling onwards. You. Are. Inspiring. (And there's no such thing as over posting here! Come back as often as you want, or fill up my PMs if you want ❤)

You paaaaasssssssssssed! Yes! Congratulations! Have you booked your practical yet?

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I went outside today after quite a few days indoors and an absolutely horrific day yesterday :redface:

Getting some fresh air is never a bad thing, especially when things have been tough. Here's to days less horrific to come.

Original post by EricPiphany
Because I'm finding it hard to give a ****.

It's not obligatory to give a ****, you stay relaxed

Original post by sunni money
because i woke up before 1pm

Hah, better than I often manage! Here's to productivity!

Original post by Khadijah489
I got one of the highest marks in a mini business test in class today :biggrin: Nice idea for a thread though :smile:

Thank you And congratulations!

Original post by snowster
Today I spoke to a couple of people whom I haven't spoken to in over a year and they didn't just ignore my messages like I thought they might :smile:

How could they ignore you? It probably made their day to hear from you, and well done for reaching out!
Original post by MissDobalina
You paaaaasssssssssssed! Yes! Congratulations! Have you booked your practical yet?

Thank you! I'm really chuffed :h: nah I haven't booked it yet. I'm hoping to book it (and pass hopefully :tongue: ) just before or during the summer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hah, better than I often manage! Here's to productivity!

3pm today :getmecoat:
Today, I am proud of myself because I dragged myself out of bed to go to voluntary extra maths lessons :smile:
Well I had a few driving lessons previously and never really got into it as I had other commitments with school/sports so I ended up not bothering. Had another go today (after a year) and did okay surprisingly)..... now I just need to find a new instructor :lol:

I'm very proud of you for recognising that you have rights, you're an incredible and strong person worthy of all the love in the world, and everyone else should know that too.

Thank you
Reply 54
Today I'm proud of myself because... nope, nothing.
i had the courage to compliment a girl at work (she took it well too) :smile:
I'm proud of myself for managing to get up and go to college, even if I cried the whole time I was in lesson :-(
I'm also proud of myself that despite me feeling the urge to just go back to sleep and sulk, I was capable of going to my lessons and not missing the last ones before Easter break :smile:
Proud I managed to get through my mock german speaking exam without stressing out or breaking down :smile:

This is a nice thread idea btw.
Today I am proud that despite not sleeping last night and taking a few bad panics before going, I went to a brand new salon that I have never been to before. I am wary of going to places I have never been before, dealing with people I don't know etc and then my OCD also flares up with new products I haven't ever tried in case they are 'contaminated' in any way and I also got something done that I had never had done before today so it was quite a big deal and the end result was my nails are all done for my mum's wedding (red glitter :smile: ) and I got my eyebrows waxed for the first time, which was actually really relaxing. I took a panic after my eyebrows were done though because my face went numb/tingly and that set me off even though I knew what exactly caused it. I also went walking around the town for a few hours after it and then took my gran out. I am exhausted now from today and the panics but overall chuffed and proud :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest