The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brainzistheword
Heya believe me if I did computer science I would happily offer, but I wouldn't have a clue about it so I can't help :smile: Sorry - I'm sure someone on here will offer though :biggrin:

Good luck

Hahaha aww thats nice knowing :smile: I would've loved to have u as a study buddy ahaha u seem very motivated! Good luck with ur studies :smile:
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
yeah your are right :smile: thank you for my comments on what I sent you, when is your first GCSE exam btw? X

No problem - anytime :smile:

And my first exam is on the 18th May (ICT)
Which means I have 57 days 12 hours 50 minutes until it :biggrin: Not that I'm counting or anything
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Hahaha aww thats nice knowing :smile: I would've loved to have u as a study buddy ahaha u seem very motivated! Good luck with ur studies :smile:

I would have loved to have been able to help you!

Good luck to you too and if you need any help with anything though do let me know and I'll see what I can do :smile:
No problem - anytime :smile:

And my first exam is on the 18th May (ICT)
Which means I have 57 days 12 hours 50 minutes until it :biggrin: Not that I'm counting or anything

oh wow, good luck! what is the exam on?
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
oh wow, good luck! what is the exam on?

ICT Computing I think - but the thing is we have never been shown the past papers or even been told what is on the exam, as we only have 1 lesson every 2 weeks
ICT Computing I think - but the thing is we have never been shown the past papers or even been told what is on the exam, as we only have 1 lesson every 2 weeks

oh wow that seems very harsh. can't you find past papers online somewhere? i am sure that you will do well regardless, as you are very motivated :smile:
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Anyone want to be my computer science study buddy hahaha?

I would but I don't think I would be much use. I'm pretty much 100% sure I'm a going to fail computer science... its soo hard
Can she not retake the one she got a C in? That would definitely seecure her the grade

See she got 2 low C grades. 1 A star and 1 A that is 1 mark off an A star. She had to go abroad because of extenuating circumstances. Therefore she's only done 2 speaking exams. You're allowed to do 4. So all is well now. She's going to do 2 more and hopefully she'll get an A or A star. She's spoken to her teacher. Thanks for the info and advice. 🖖 live long and prosper.
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
See she got 2 low C grades. 1 A star and 1 A that is 1 mark off an A star. She had to go abroad because of extenuating circumstances. Therefore she's only done 2 speaking exams. You're allowed to do 4. So all is well now. She's going to do 2 more and hopefully she'll get an A or A star. She's spoken to her teacher. Thanks for the info and advice. 🖖 live long and prosper.

Ah glad it is all sorted - tell her I wish her the best of luck and hope everything goes well - I will be rooting for her :smile:
Ah glad it is all sorted - tell her I wish her the best of luck and hope everything goes well - I will be rooting for her :smile:

Thanks. I'll let her know. She's not stressed anymore. Lol. Thanks again.
UPDATE FOR 21/03/16

So I haven't done as much as planned but it is still something :smile:

Drafted notes on Respiratory system

Neat notes on CFCs

Neat notes on Fuel Cells

Geography Flashcards

The notes I didn't manage to do will be put into my revision tomorrow :smile:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I'm aware that subjects like English have really low grade boundaries in terms of coursework. An A star is 63 out of 80 for the total coursework added up!! So the grade boundaries of French can't really be that high. I mean come on its another bleeding language.

Is this wjec?
Update 21.03.16

Notes on Limestone cycle
Notes on Neutralisation and uses
Did two exam questions - english (essay+ language question)
Physics Worksheet ( finished it off)
Psychology C First Few pages :smile:

Not everything that i wanted to do :smile: Wasted my time for 1 hour ( got distracted again) :frown:
Original post by nisha.sri
Is this wjec?

Nope. AQA.
UPDATE FOR 21/03/16
So I haven't done as much as planned but it is still something :smile:

Drafted notes on Respiratory system

Neat notes on CFCs

Neat notes on Fuel Cells

Geography Flashcards

The notes I didn't manage to do will be put into my revision tomorrow :smile:

For english Wjec - what was your score for your coursework :smile:
Got an A - 60 but they have been moderated so it can go up or even down so i just hope mine doesn't go down.
Also for English Lit - We aren't allowed to use the books so how would you memorise the quotations ? ! :smile:
You've done a lot well done - just wondering though - how can someone spend an hour washing hair (I dont think I've ever spent more than about 20 minutes on it:biggrin:)

Lol :smile: I have long hair so it takes 30-35 mins to proper wash it
then 15 mins to blow dry it or let it dry
5 mins- Brush hair and moisture on my face :smile:

Literally wasting my time :smile:
I'm always wasting time :frown: Need to sort this out :smile:
Lol :smile: I have long hair so it takes 30-35 mins to proper wash it
then 15 mins to blow dry it or let it dry
5 mins- Brush hair and moisture on my face :smile:

Literally wasting my time :smile:
I'm always wasting time :frown: Need to sort this out :smile:

Girls waste so much time doing girl stuff and yet they do better than boys. Lmao.
For english Wjec - what was your score for your coursework :smile:
Got an A - 60 but they have been moderated so it can go up or even down so i just hope mine doesn't go down.
Also for English Lit - We aren't allowed to use the books so how would you memorise the quotations ? ! :smile:

I got 38, 19, 19 and 37 I think for Language and 38 for Literature
I think I'm comfortably in the bracket for an A* but I guess it could all change

Why aren't you allowed to use the books? :smile:
UPDATE

I'd like to get the notes done from Yesterday and also memorise my German for next week (although that isn't a priority as I have the extended weekend, so I don't want to waste any unnecessary time on it)
Update 21.03.16

Notes on Limestone cycle
Notes on Neutralisation and uses
Did two exam questions - english (essay+ language question)
Physics Worksheet ( finished it off)
Psychology C First Few pages :smile:

Not everything that i wanted to do :smile: Wasted my time for 1 hour ( got distracted again) :frown:

Well done on all your work yesterday! For the hour you got distracted do you know why you got distracted and ways to prevent it next time? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending