The Student Room Group

The fact that people on have TSR flirting/relationships shows... (LOL)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by richpanda
How far society has fallen.

I just saw a thread where a girl was talking about how she's found a new 'bae' (on TSR).

Imagine that. There are actually guys that desperate they will message daily a girl they've never met or seen, just in the hope of getting something. There are girls that crave attention so much that they encourage these guys to do that.

Are you that socially inept you are unable to have functioning relationships with other people in real life?

Such is life.

Typical 21st Century Western Man

A higher concentration of anti social rotters?

lol

Original post by Biryani007
TSR relatioships are #goals :love:

Spoiler

Biri will you go out with me? <3
Original post by MrDystopia
Sign of the times. People connect more and more via the internet, hence meeting through dating sites or anywhere else where there's a chance to talk to someone and get to know them. Likewise via the internet you have the opposite end of the spectrum, apps like Tinder that are based ENTIRELY on looks first as opposed to communication.

Get over it OP, move with the times.

Then you end up with a generation of people who forget how to communicate in person and end up making countless anon threads on 'should I talk to her'..'she took an hour to reply, does she like me?'...'Omg he only put two kisses after I had just put 3?'

No. There are those of us that 'refuse to move with the times' because we make an effort to maintain a physical presence through real interactions with other human beings.
Reply 23
Original post by MrDystopia
Sign of the times. People connect more and more via the internet, hence meeting through dating sites or anywhere else where there's a chance to talk to someone and get to know them. Likewise via the internet you have the opposite end of the spectrum, apps like Tinder that are based ENTIRELY on looks first as opposed to communication.

Get over it OP, move with the times.

That is 1 upside I suppose. It's pretty much completely done on personality, to start with at least.
Reply 24
How far society has fallen.

I just saw a thread where a girl was talking about how she's found a new 'bae' (on TSR).

Imagine that. There are actually guys that desperate they will message daily a girl they've never met or seen, just in the hope of getting something. There are girls that crave attention so much that they encourage these guys to do that.

Are you that socially inept you are unable to have functioning relationships with other people in real life?

Such is life.

this just made me amped for holograms now :rofl:

(Wells hologram phones :tongue:) Don't ask :getmecoat:
Original post by A$aprocky
But you met awesomegenius, hes just awesome mate. Im specifically addressing people who actively search for love on TSR

That's true :love:

I miss him.
Reply 26
Original post by Death Grips
Typical 21st Century Western Man

misc brahs representing.
Original post by Ethereal World
I met my boyfriend on TSR. Why is it any different than Twitter tbh?

well isnt this interesting.
Original post by welcometoib
well isnt this interesting.

Don't start on this again H.

I'm sorry I wasn't straight with you okay?

Disclaimer: This conversation/exchange isn't serious.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MountKimbie
Then you end up with a generation of people who forget how to communicate in person and end up making countless anon threads on 'should I talk to her'..'she took an hour to reply, does she like me?'...'Omg he only put two kisses after I had just put 3?'

No. There are those of us that 'refuse to move with the times' because we make an effort to maintain a physical presence through real interactions with other human beings.

Except this notion that no one communicates is a flawed one. People do communicate just via different means. Now, I draw the line (And thus I'm inclined to agree with you) that solely online relationships where there's no meeting the other in person is...not a relationship in my eyes. And I do favour the 'Just talk to them' approach as you advocate (As opposed to constantly worrying over whether you should talk to them).

But I fail to see the issue with two people meeting online, meeting in person and continuing forward with a relationship. People will meet where there's a medium of communication to get to know one another, irrespective of the means.
Don't start on this again H.

I'm sorry I wasn't straight with you okay?

id suggest to ease it, otherwise ill make a thread on here tomorrow or day after so people know the ACTUAL truth. stop phoning me as well. cant get that ****ing image of you know what out my head.
Original post by mscaffrey
Yes, society has fallen from the days when people used to marry someone their parents had chosen for them at age 13.

And how I miss the days of walking on the moors in isolation before returning home to read a book by the fire before being proposed to by the only man in a 15 mile radius.

Lol gurl on fiyah tonight!! :headfire:
id suggest to ease it, otherwise ill make a thread on here tomorrow or day after so people know the ACTUAL truth. stop phoning me as well. cant get that ****ing image of you know what out my head.

right. firstly, it was an accident. Secondly, he will be pissed off if you do that and as far as I know it's only me you have the problem with?

I've started admitting that it's a thing irl anyway.

Disclaimer: This conversation/exchange isn't serious.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Biri will you go out with me? <3

You asked me out a while ago and I said yes, silly! We're about to hit the two month mark where we have our first skype date...ilysm bae <333333333
Original post by Biryani007
You asked me out a while ago and I said yes, silly! We're about to hit the two month mark where we have our first skype date...ilysm bae <333333333

Everytime I see you I fall in love with all over again, you're the straw to my berry. Happy early 2 month anniversary babes:kiss: xoxo

LOL
That's true :love:

I miss him.

Just remember, he's saving lives out there. (srs, doctors are just the best people)
Reply 37
The irony is the people that I speak of in the OP are now having one of their circle jerk sessions in my thread. fuk off.
Original post by A$aprocky
Just remember, he's saving lives out there. (srs, doctors are just the best people)

but he is in India rn and he's already asleep so I have to contend with being awake with zero contact :frown:

but ye when he's here he saves lives- it's amazing.
The irony is the people that I speak of in the OP are now having one of their circle jerk sessions in my thread. fuk off.

:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest