The Student Room Group

The fact that people on have TSR flirting/relationships shows... (LOL)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by richpanda
The irony is the people that I speak of in the OP are now having one of their circle jerk sessions in my thread. fuk off.

Imagine the people you're talking about on a forum where they hang out ending up on the thread where you're talking about them.
Original post by welcometoib
id suggest to ease it, otherwise ill make a thread on here tomorrow or day after so people know the ACTUAL truth. stop phoning me as well. cant get that ****ing image of you know what out my head.

Original post by Ethereal World
right. firstly, it was an accident. Secondly, he will be pissed off if you do that and as far as I know it's only me you have the problem with?

I've started admitting that it's a thing irl anyway.

Hmmmmm this seems interesting :curious:

Original post by TheGreatImposter
Everytime I see you I fall in love with all over again, you're the straw to my berry. Happy early 2 month anniversary babes:kiss: xoxo

Baby I'm really upset you forgot about us being together but I forgive you :cry2:

Here's a video dedicated to you bby

[video="youtube;6laGvKtPZYQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6laGvKtPZYQ[/video]
Reply 42
I think these people live in some kind of bubble where they actually count TSR users as their friends.
For the few that are remotely serious about a solely online rship/stuff/all that other bs, I can only imagine how hard they'll cringe thinking about what they were doing when they snap back in to reality
Reply 44
Original post by mscaffrey
Imagine the people you're talking about on a forum where they hang out ending up on the thread where you're talking about them.

They're derailing the thread though. If it was on-topic, I wouldn't mind it at all.
Original post by Biryani007
Hmmmmm this seems interesting :curious:

He's bringing beef into threads. We're sorting it off TSR now.
Original post by MrDystopia

But I fail to see the issue with two people meeting online, meeting in person and continuing forward with a relationship. People will meet where there's a medium of communication to get to know one another, irrespective of the means.

Nothing wrong with that at all, but we're talking about a different demographic here.

People are forgetting how to take the initial steps of dating in person.
Why be limited to just people in your area? I like people who are intelligent and can engage in meaningful conversation, being a student increases that chance. My dad was living in London, my mum up here in Scotland. They met through friends by chance, they made it work until he eventually moved up here.
So meeting someone on here who you connect with is no different really. Exchange pictures. Then meet up. See where things go....
Original post by Ethereal World
right. firstly, it was an accident. Secondly, he will be pissed off if you do that and as far as I know it's only me you have the problem with?

I've started admitting that it's a thing irl anyway.

give it a rest. I currently am the only person who knows all the pretense you enjoy to do, but i dont really like when people lie and treat others like idiots. you should fess up yourself rather than me have to spill the beans. trying to treat me like a sheep will result in serious ****ery for you, i assure you that.
Meh, if it makes them happy then good for them I suppose :dontknow:

I see nothing wrong with chatting to people on here, or even growing to be attracted to them over time. I equally have no issue with people then meeting in person and hitting it off. Good for them.

I do find it unfortunate when people are serious about being in a relationship with somebody they've never met but, again, they are not harming me in any way so - if it makes them happy - good for them.

Most people here are young, and many not very social. It is thus not enormously surprising that such people use relationships they form on here as a proxy for those they don't form in real life.

Live and let live.
give it a rest. I currently am the only person who knows all the pretense you enjoy to do, but i dont really like when people lie and treat others like idiots. you should fess up yourself rather than me have to spill the beans. trying to treat me like a sheep will result in serious ****ery for you, i assure you that.

Seriously, can you have this out with him instead of me?

Not that I'm bothered by you having a go at me, but this ultimately started as a result of him sending the picture into the group chat instead of to me.?

Disclaimer: This conversation/exchange isn't serious.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by richpanda
How far society has fallen.

I just saw a thread where a girl was talking about how she's found a new 'bae' (on TSR).

Imagine that. There are actually guys that desperate they will message daily a girl they've never met or seen, just in the hope of getting something. There are girls that crave attention so much that they encourage these guys to do that.

Are you that socially inept you are unable to have functioning relationships with other people in real life?

Such is life.

Yes I am that socially inept. What's your point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I speak for everyone when I say we will all rep you if you promptly spill said beans :holmes:

Everyone loves gossip :awesome:

PM the Drowned God. He will hear your sorrows.
Original post by MountKimbie

Are they though? I'm sure throughout time there's always been people who have been a bit awkward about it/shy/socially inept/who fear the opposite sex/whatever you want to call it. I think it's not so much people forgetting, more a case that those who previously stood no chance now have an opportunity or platform to meet someone via something that isn't so direct. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Edit: And of course, the internet means you hear a lot more from such people as you would've in the past (Those lamenting their relationship woes I mean).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ByronicHero
I think I speak for everyone when I say we will all rep you if you promptly spill said beans :holmes:

Everyone loves gossip :awesome:

lmao literally :rofl:
Original post by Biryani007
lmao literally :rofl:

:awesome:
Original post by MountKimbie
Nothing wrong with that at all, but we're talking about a different demographic here.

True but surely most of the 'dating' in the early stages is to workout what type of person someone is, their goals, outlook on life, aspirations, religious attitude, career aims, kids?, sex etc etc. That can all be done and more virtually or through text.

I think it depends on how mature the people in question are, how serious are they, how compatible are they? etc etc but I see no reason why it can't work...

What is any different about seeing a girl at a party, saying a few words and adding her on FB and then texting etc planning on meeting up? a very brief encounter in person, that's all.
Original post by TheArtofProtest

You cannot help yourself.
Original post by MrDystopia
Are they though? I'm sure throughout time there's always been people who have been a bit awkward about it/shy/socially inept/who fear the opposite sex/whatever you want to call it. I think it's not so much people forgetting, more a case that those who previously stood no chance now have an opportunity or platform to meet someone via something that isn't so direct. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Edit: And of course, the internet means you hear a lot more from such people as you would've in the past (Those lamenting their relationship woes I mean).

It's not necessarily a bad thing. But it doesn't address the core of the problem. If you see no reason to address that problem, then it's not necessarily a bad thing, sure.

Original post by Unistudent77
True but surely most of the 'dating' in the early stages is to workout what type of person someone is, their goals, outlook on life, aspirations, religious attitude, career aims, kids?, sex etc etc. That can all be done and more virtually or through text.I think it depends on how mature the people in question are, how serious are they, how compatible are they? etc etc but I see no reason why it can't work...What is any different about seeing a girl at a party, saying a few words and adding her on FB and then texting etc planning on meeting up? a very brief encounter in person, that's all.

Why would you want to do all of that through text? One of the most magical parts of a first date or first meeting with somebody is the initial body language, their mannerisms, the build up of chemistry, the flirting etc. (Sure, it can go both ways). When/if I go on a first date, the initial topics of conversation won't be as intense as their goals, outlook on life, aspirations, religious attitude, career, aims, kids. That's a bit too deep for me. For me, the purpose of a first date is to just be with the person. Who cares what you talk about? Enjoy it. Look into eachothers eyes. Be a little bit awkward. Be cheeky. The deeper stuff comes later. This is just my personal preference to how I approach a date. If somebody fires off all these deep questions, it either means they're trying to sort of filter me against a checklist of theirs, or they don't really know how to have relaxed conversation.

If you see a girl at a party, why not say more than just a few words? Then again, different person, different approaches.

Quick Reply

Latest