"Marrying our sons/daughters to people of other races can end racial stigma"

Thoughts?
Reply 1
What do you mean..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by champ_mc99
Thoughts?

Arranged marriages are wrong in all context. People should be able to marry whoever they want! (if they want to marry of course.)
Thoughts?

I'm quite happy to marry another race as long as they share my faith; but my first preference will always be white
Reply 4
Why wait to convince your child that they should marry outside their own race? Do it your bloody self you lazy so-and-so.
Reply 5
Original post by iNoddy
Arranged marriages are wrong in all context. People should be able to marry whoever they want! (if they want to marry of course.)

Original post by Souljer
What do you mean..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry should've explained a bit more.
Well, generally people avoid interracial marriages because it's not the norm. I see this mainly in my Asian culture. There's a lot of racial stigma and stereotypical beliefs about certain races, as if it is a cultural thing. So can marrying someone from a different race, allow the different races to integrate with and learn more about each other; thus, defeating this racial prejudice.
Reply 6
Original post by HFBS
Why wait to convince your child that they should marry outside their own race? Do it your bloody self you lazy so-and-so.

Original post by iNoddy

I'm not talking about forced marriages. Obviously marry the person you want, whether it be your own or other races but should we try and encourage this agenda?
Reply 7
Sorry should've explained a bit more.
Well, generally people avoid interracial marriages because it's not the norm. I see this mainly in my Asian culture. There's a lot of racial stigma and stereotypical beliefs about certain races, as if it is a cultural thing. So can marrying someone from a different race, allow the different races to integrate with and learn more about each other; thus, defeating this racial prejudice.

I believe it could but often you'll find people are attracted to a specific set of people, not in a racist or discriminative way. For example somebody brought up in an all white community may not find other people outside of that community attractive as they aren't understanding of their culture and such. I think it's mostly a mix of who people are attracted too and if they're willing to live within another culture.
As someone who is mixed race from a melting pot country, I don't really care who my child marries but I will assume they will marry someone of a different ethnicity than mine (I doubt they'd be the same ethnicity as me) because it is statistically probable as mixed race people who are my mix are probably less common.

I wouldn't expect them to do so for any educational reason though.
Reply 9
No... wth? Think about it, if all white men forced their daughters to marry black men against their wishes just because they were black, wouldn't that cause MORE racial stigma?
Reply 10
Original post by z33
No... wth? Think about it, if all white men forced their daughters to marry black men against their wishes just because they were black, wouldn't that cause MORE racial stigma?

???
Reply 11
???

pretty sure the only way they'll properly go about it would be arranged marriage, usually arranged by the parents and not the kids, and never really work out

Quick Reply

Latest