The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by believeteam22
But it's normal, right? But it will reduce over time and I hope these thoughts stop.

To be honest, I would not respond. Not for a few days at least. It depends on what exactly she said. But I don't think I would respond. Her last message to me really hit me hard and I can't forget it so quickly. But she will never ever message me so no need to think about it anymore.

I just went through my phone today, deleting every note with her name on it, deleted every pic of her, any photos relating to her, anything reminding me of her.

I also have a problem with music. I have like 200 songs on my iphone and more than 3/4 of them I have been listening to during the past 2.5yrs and so many of them bring back memories of her, it's a weird thing but I can related a song/ or even the lyrics to a particular moment, memory or a place and it makes me sad to be honest. I guess I need to completely do an overhaul on the songs from my phone.

I don't know whether it is normal, however I can relate. I'm glad that you won't talk to her. Seriously don't. You will go back to being her little ass lick which is not what you want, unless you want to experience more pain.

If deleting the songs helps you forget about her, go right ahead. Sounds like a logical and wise decision.

You are finally looking out for yourself. Love and take care of yourself man, she won't do it and no one else will, unless you invest time and effort into yourself.
Original post by tailred
I don't know whether it is normal, however I can relate. I'm glad that you won't talk to her. Seriously don't. You will go back to being her little ass lick which is not what you want, unless you want to experience more pain.

If deleting the songs helps you forget about her, go right ahead. Sounds like a logical and wise decision.

You are finally looking out for yourself. Love and take care of yourself man, she won't do it and no one else will, unless you invest time and effort into yourself.

Yeah, agreed.

I shall keep focusing on myself and try to just take care of myself and just be happy again. Thanks
Reply 62
This is your 100th thread, i dont think the 101st thread will help unless u acc listen and stop being so weak minded

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Hope you get better though

Posted from TSR Mobile
want t share this, do some adventure, its really help, sometimes you will meet someone that will be fit in you. keep it up
Original post by Rtdsv
This is your 100th thread, i dont think the 101st thread will help unless u acc listen and stop being so weak minded

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Rtdsv
Hope you get better though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am trying. I still miss her everyday and it's a feeling that I cannot shake off right now. But thanks

Original post by vince0190
want t share this, do some adventure, its really help, sometimes you will meet someone that will be fit in you. keep it up

Maybe. I will do that. But first, uni is my priority. Just struggling to find motivation right now. This situation has really taken its toll on me
I got a message from my friend from yesterday who said if i wanted to come over again sometime? I said maybe but not yet..give me some time.

I guess getting laid is not the main agenda. I guess I was looking for love, I loved the other girl and I know I will always do. I hope I find another girl whom I can love.
Reply 67
Thanks for that. Yeah I really hope so. Sooner rather than later. I just am filled with regret because I know it's my fault that this happened. If only I controlled my emotions better etc, maybe this would not happen (the way it did). But I can't go back in time, I just have to live with it.

If it really is your fault (I don't know the complete situation), there is literally nothing you can do to turn back time, so just focus on looking after yourself for a bit. I went through a breakup about a year ago where I felt anxious and guilty all the time, I think I dealt with it by trying to better myself in general and work on things in my own life. I actually learnt things about myself and now I am a lot better. YOu'll get there :smile:
Jump.
Reply 69
Can you love someone who doesnt love you back? I dont think so, its a mutual thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ursin
If it really is your fault (I don't know the complete situation), there is literally nothing you can do to turn back time, so just focus on looking after yourself for a bit. I went through a breakup about a year ago where I felt anxious and guilty all the time, I think I dealt with it by trying to better myself in general and work on things in my own life. I actually learnt things about myself and now I am a lot better. YOu'll get there :smile:

I hope I get through this soon. Thanks
Original post by Rtdsv
Can you love someone who doesnt love you back? I dont think so, its a mutual thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unrequited love?
I got a message from my friend from yesterday who said if i wanted to come over again sometime? I said maybe but not yet..give me some time.

I guess getting laid is not the main agenda. I guess I was looking for love, I loved the other girl and I know I will always do. I hope I find another girl whom I can love.

Getting laid isn't the answer cause you aren't over her you will just feel empty and you aren't even attracted to your friend?, what you need to do is find the motivation and do your uni work and once uni finishes and your not surrounded with memories of the place then you can move on.
Dear OP,

I would like to extend my warmest sympathies from the bottom of my heart to you during this bitter time. I have no idea what transpired previously, but it hardly matters if you are the real pain. The short answer is there is no correct way to get over heart break, its not about time limits, it could be next week or it could be in five years time, that you get over it. It is not helpful to think in terms of time limits, if your sick, your sick, and your body and mind need time to heal.

I suggest taking therapy as your doctor suggested.

You probably feel like you are in the deepest and darkest part of the world right now, and the only way out is gradual, and this means taking each day as it comes. You need to confront the pain at first and not try to shy away from it. Eventually, things will get a little better each day, if you are honest with yourself and then you can start trying to re-focus your mind and give yourself other actives. The way to think about heart break is like a disease that has inflicted you, it will take time for you to recover, but you can recover that's the light at the end of the tunnel.

Its important not to do anything rash, do not go out and get 'pussy' as some have suggested, that will not help and likely add to your misery. These are very delicate early stages and need to be handled with care. Pay no attention to those telling you to man-up, a true adult does not distract from their problems, but confronts them head-on.
Original post by chikane
Getting laid isn't the answer cause you aren't over her you will just feel empty and you aren't even attracted to your friend?, what you need to do is find the motivation and do your uni work and once uni finishes and your not surrounded with memories of the place then you can move on.

Probably true. Yeah not really attracted that much..just a little but not enough. Well just 1 more month left, and tomorrow is my last day before the Easter break, and there is the possibility I may see her in the class or lecture so I am a little anxious about that.
Original post by Thus-Spoke-Lara
Dear OP,

I would like to extend my warmest sympathies from the bottom of my heart to you during this bitter time. I have no idea what transpired previously, but it hardly matters if you are the real pain. The short answer is there is no correct way to get over heart break, its not about time limits, it could be next week or it could be in five years time, that you get over it. It is not helpful to think in terms of time limits, if your sick, your sick, and your body and mind need time to heal.

I suggest taking therapy as your doctor suggested.

You probably feel like you are in the deepest and darkest part of the world right now, and the only way out is gradual, and this means taking each day as it comes. You need to confront the pain at first and not try to shy away from it. Eventually, things will get a little better each day, if you are honest with yourself and then you can start trying to re-focus your mind and give yourself other actives. The way to think about heart break is like a disease that has inflicted you, it will take time for you to recover, but you can recover that's the light at the end of the tunnel.

Its important not to do anything rash, do not go out and get 'pussy' as some have suggested, that will not help and likely add to your misery. These are very delicate early stages and need to be handled with care. Pay no attention to those telling you to man-up, a true adult does not distract from their problems, but confronts them head-on.

Thank you. Yes, this pain is crazy right now. I know, I don't want this pain to prolong for song long, I want to just forget about this whole thing and not let it bother it, but it's not easy.

I will go on thursday to see my gp and discuss therapy etc.

I definitely do feel like I am in a very bad place right now. You are very right. It will get easier day by day I guess.

Yeah, I probably won't be doing that anymore, because it really did not solve anything and kind of made me feel worse. I shall try.

After tomorrow I won't see her until after Easter, and even then, it's not a guarantee. It's a sad thought and I am filled with all kinds of emotions but it's too late now so yeah..
I didn't see her today. So now it's Easter break and won't see her. Then after that, we have 2 weeks left and there is a small possibility I may bump into her. But maybe unlikely. And that's that. Who knows I may see her graduation? Probably not though.
This friendship ended horribly, I couldn't even say bye to her. I spent almost 3yrs being friends with this girl and we did have good memories but the way it has ended is just painful and everyday I think to myself how and why I let it get to this.

I know I'll get through this one day. But right now, it's just really hard. She doesn't care, she's moved on, she's happy. I guess she never really cared about me.
I just saw her walk past. That was painful. She didn't even look at me. I didn't even exist. She looked totally normal and happy.

This just really ruined my whole day. I feel really upset and sad. :frown: :frown:
Why is nobody replying?
Tbh I think a lot of the abuse you are getting on this thread is totally unjustified. Your intentions towards this girl sounded entirely honourable, a rare thing in todays society where promiscuous 16 year olds are the norm and the elite actually encourage them. As far I see it you have two options either try and pursue another one or have a more scattergun approach and play the field. But whichever choice you do make be sure that western society with his twisted take on morality will be readily brandish you a creep the moment you do make a move on a new female.

Latest

Trending

Trending