The Student Room Group

Want a child eventually but don't ever want to be pregnant :/

I want a child someday but definitely don't want to be pregnant. I can't stand period pain, feeling sick and all that it makes me feel panicky like a nightmare. Everytime I get even mild period pain I swear I'm not going to put myself through pregnancy. I was at the gym earlier lifting weights and then went for a short run after. After the run I got uterine cramps even though I'm 2 weeks off being on a period. For some reason exercise has always triggered cramping, it can be anywhere from ovulation (2 weeks before a period) to the end of the period where I could get cramping if I exercise. I've had tests for it they came back normal. Often I'm ok after exercise but sometimes I get cramps I can usually tell before if I will.

Anyway back on topic yea I just don't want to ever be pregnant but at the same time don't want to miss out on having a child of my own. I just wish I was a man they have a better life than women anyway.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I want a child someday but definitely don't want to be pregnant. I can't stand period pain, feeling sick and all that it makes me feel panicky like a nightmare. Everytime I get even mild period pain I swear I'm not going to put myself through pregnancy. I was at the gym earlier lifting weights and then went for a short run after. After the run I got uterine cramps even though I'm 2 weeks off being on a period. For some reason exercise has always triggered cramping, it can be anywhere from ovulation (2 weeks before a period) to the end of the period where I could get cramping if I exercise. I've had tests for it they came back normal. Often I'm ok after exercise but sometimes I get cramps I can usually tell before if I will.

Anyway back on topic yea I just don't want to ever be pregnant but at the same time don't want to miss out on having a child of my own. I just wish I was a man they have a better life than women anyway.

You can adopt a child at any age
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
You can adopt a child at any age

It's not like having your own though, that's why most people don't adopt they would rather go through the nightmare of pregnancy.
It's not like having your own though, that's why most people don't adopt they would rather go through the nightmare of pregnancy.

it seems like quite a long process but it is possible to adopt a young baby and then they could be close to your own. I m not exactly how Uk law works for surogacy but that would mean you could have your own child and not be pregnant i suppose.
You could get someone to carry your child for you.

I don't know what you've heard about adoption, but the child you adopt will definitely be as much your child with ,hopefully, as much love and bonding as you would have with your natural children.
Reply 6
surrogacy although it might be expensive.
I'm not gonna pretend pregnancy is a bunch of laughs but it's 9 months out of your life and you get the most amazing gift in the world out of it. I understand how you feel but it's not that horrific. Women wouldn't do it over and over if it was.
Reply 9

When another woman carries the baby for you
Original post by Darien91
When another woman carries the baby for you

I mean I was suggesting it, ha ha. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
I mean I was suggesting it, ha ha. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ha, I wondered the question mark.. it's too early for me lmao!
Haha.

When I used to get periods I used to think the same every month. If I can't cope with period pain, how the hell will I cope with giving birth. But now I've been on the pill for years I've forgotten how bad it feels having a proper period, and so the prospect of giving birth doesn't bother me so much anymore. And plus, you can have an epidural which helps with the pain.

I think when you're ready to have a child, you'll think that all the suffering is definitely worth it. It just shows that you aren't ready yet. Which is certainly not a bad thing.
Well nowadays you can get an epidural and feel virtually nothing when giving birth.
Original post by claireestelle
it seems like quite a long process but it is possible to adopt a young baby and then they could be close to your own. I m not exactly how Uk law works for surogacy but that would mean you could have your own child and not be pregnant i suppose.

Firstly, you can't adopt a child at any age?

And secondly, the adoption process is very, very stressful and enduring. In our country, there's not a big demand for adoptive parents, in fact young babies are quite hard to come by. The vast majority of adoptive children come from families who had their child taken away from them because they were deemed unfit parents, or the environment was unsafe. It's not like in America where disgraced Christian girls adopted their illegitimate child away because they are anti-abortion. Our country is much more pro-choice, so people tend to abort rather than adopt away.

I just don't think you should suggest adoption lightly. There's a much higher chance the child will develop behavioural/ mental/ physical problems in later life in a lot of cases. My Aunt and Uncle adopted, and they were basically told just that. The children are often exposed to many pre-natal risk factors for poor behavioural even physical outcomes, such as drug taking and alcoholism during pregnancy.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't adopt, but I find that a lot of people on here tell others to adopt because of our "birth rate" and "population being so high", when they don't fully understand the process. That should not be a reason to adopt.

My cousin is obviously like a true member of the family now, and my Aunt and Uncle wouldn't change him for the world. But the adoption process probably aged them a few years with the stress of it.

I'd adopt if I couldn't have children no doubt about it. But literally every thread about having children on TSR has someone telling someone to adopt, when there's a lot more of it to consider.

This is not a personal rant aimed at you, it's just something I often see brought up on TSR.
(edited 8 years ago)
that is possible, i agreed on them just adopt a baby so may have a child that you will be together
Adopt or foster a child, obviously.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Firstly, you can't adopt a child at any age?

And secondly, the adoption process is very, very stressful and enduring. In our country, there's not a big demand for adoptive parents, in fact young babies are quite hard to come by. The vast majority of adoptive children come from families who had their child taken away from them because they were deemed unfit parents, or the environment was unsafe. It's not like in America where disgraced Christian girls adopted their illegitimate child away because they are anti-abortion. Our country is much more pro-choice, so people tend to abort rather than adopt away.

I just don't think you should suggest adoption lightly. There's a much higher chance the child will develop behavioural/ mental/ physical problems in later life in a lot of cases. My Aunt and Uncle adopted, and they were basically told just that. The children are often exposed to many pre-natal risk factors for poor behavioural even physical outcomes, such as drug taking and alcoholism during pregnancy.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't adopt, but I find that a lot of people on here tell others to adopt because of our "birth rate" and "population being so high", when they don't fully understand the process. That should not be a reason to adopt.

My cousin is obviously like a true member of the family now, and my Aunt and Uncle wouldn't change him for the world. But the adoption process probably aged them a few years with the stress of it.

I'd adopt if I couldn't have children no doubt about it. But literally every thread about having children on TSR has someone telling someone to adopt, when there's a lot more of it to consider.

This is not a personal rant aimed at you, it's just something I often see brought up on TSR.

Surely the answer to this is to make the adoption process much easier and less stressful for everyone involved.

Personally I think people need to be a lot less prissy about which vagina a baby comes out of, a parent is more than juat a genetic donor.

I was always curious how women endure such pain.

If you decide to have only one child, it will happen only once. Good luck with whatever you're going to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sure you'll think differently when you decide to have kids of your own. I suffered from really bad period pain for years and I couldn't leave the house for days because of it. It has eased up alot now though and even when I was laying on the floor in pain, it didn't put me off having kids in the future. It is entirely up to you of course! Good luck with whatever route you decide to take.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending