The Student Room Group

On a scale of 1 to 10, how violently were you bullied in high school?

I would put myself at about a 4 or 5, they stole my property, tripped me up in corridors and kicked footballs into my face and at me. I really regret not kicking them in the nuts because I thought all lads must be like this and I'm still pretty mad about it about 10 years on

Scroll to see replies

Sorry that happened to you :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I would put myself at about a 4 or 5, they stole my property, tripped me up in corridors and kicked footballs into my face and at me. I really regret not kicking them in the nuts because I thought all lads must be like this and I'm still pretty mad about it about 10 years on

What's 10? murder
Reply 3
Original post by Joinedup
What's 10? murder

Murder would be off the scale I think; I'd say ten was being beaten up on a daily basis having to go to hospital
Reply 4
Original post by cherryred90s
Sorry that happened to you :frown:

Just consider yourself fortunate you never had to go through this ********
0-2/10, there were always potential bullies, however I loved fighting so I'd never let it get that far.
Reply 6
Original post by XOR_
0-2/10, there were always potential bullies, however I loved fighting so I'd never let it get that far.

You probably were the bully :tongue:
You probably were the bully :tongue:

Not the case :cute:
I remember being bullied.....we were meant to be playing dodge ball but all of a sudden everyone started throwing balls at me. :frown:
Original post by Joinedup
What's 10? murder

Murder is murder, mate. Nothing to do with bullying.

4, I was never beaten up, but the people whom I called my best friends, used to call me fat and ugly, behind my back. I once caught them gossiping about me in the washroom, and then started avoiding me because they were sure I complained.

Spoiler

Reply 11
0 my best mate was the biggest prat in school and decided to just bully everyone else
4-5/10.

I used to get verbally bullied almost 2-3x/weekly basis because I was small and weaker than majority of the people on the football pitch break time + PE lessons + outside school & called fat as f.... by skinny kids. It led me into a eating disorder, which over time caused me to become anorexic.

*fast forward 3.5 years later*

:dumbells: I started lifting weights for the past 2 years, became relatively strong with a fair bit of aesthetics at 9-10% body fat. :drool:

I saw the person who used to bully me the most during high school(secondary school) on Facebook quite a while back and turns out his currently borderline overweight/obese & the person who I used to think was "strong" is so TINY & small compared to me now. :rock:

Mission accomplished! :woo:
Reply 13
when i first moved to a diff high school in year 10 all the girls started bitching about me and started slutty rumors about me when i hadn't even kissed a guy yet lmaooo. i got into a fight with one of them as i dont take sh*t of no one and once i broke the girls nose they all was nice to me :h:
4-5/10.

I used to get verbally bullied almost 2-3x/weekly basis because I was small and weaker than majority of the people on the football pitch break time + PE lessons + outside school & called fat as f.... by skinny kids. It led me into a eating disorder, which over time caused me to become anorexic.

*fast forward 3.5 years later*

:dumbells: I started lifting weights for the past 2 years, became relatively strong with a fair bit of aesthetics at 9-10% body fat. :drool:

I saw the person who used to bully me the most during high school(secondary school) on Facebook quite a while back and turns out his currently borderline overweight/obese & the person who I used to think was "strong" is so TINY & small compared to me now. :rock:

Mission accomplished! :woo:

:congrats: That's amazing.
I went to a predominantly all white boys and girls school, and I was friend with this Asian kid, he was poor and found it hard to make friends. So it didn't take very long before he became a target for the bullies with insults like "paki".

So one day he was being hanged from a tree branch by his underwear, most of the kids were staring at him doing nothing, and I was his only friend and knew someone had to do stop this!

So I took a deep breath, ran over and pushed one of them in a puddle, they were shocked, and unsurprisingly I became the new target.

But at least they stopped bullying him, and although I had no-one to stand up for me, I always managed to defend myself, with plastic lunch plates, rulers, tennis rackets anything I could find around me to defend myself.

I remember one of them tried to cut my lip, so the next day while he was eating in the canteen I grabbed a lunch plate and Boom! I smacked him at the back of his head, he spat his food out. I was never a push over!
(edited 8 years ago)
I actually got bullied in primary school a bit but it wasn't too bad just lowkey racism and exclusion sometimes.
Reply 18
7/10 really bad had to move schools and got bullied more so now im home schooled
I'd say maybe 3/10. Only went to the hospital once but I wouldn't classify that fight as bullying at all. But I was verbally bullied about my weight all the time. And was pants-ed in the middle of the playground once :toofunny:. The popular girls in our year would always 'use' me in terms of schoolwork as I was one of the 'nerds' as well I suppose - but again that wasn't classified as bullying either really. The worst was probably them ganging up on me in front of my parents. I think it mainly happened because I was quite short and fat; easy target.

Don't regret any of it at all; only find it funny how I let all that happen! I remember being very weak in high school - physically and mentally.

Quick Reply

Latest