Imperial College London
London

Imperial Medicine 2016 Offer Holder Page

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScarletRose
Yeah I agree. Went shopping after my interview to calm me down xD
Noticed how expensive everything was.
Need them #bursaries

Don't qualify for any and I'm not going to get much from my fam, so I'm basically screwed :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 121
So they will send us a DBS form to complete?- we don't send them one we already have e.g. for volunteering?
Original post by 5824
So they will send us a DBS form to complete?- we don't send them one we already have e.g. for volunteering?

Yeah, they'll send you all the information you need in the post soon.
Reply 123
Original post by usycool1
Yeah, they'll send you all the information you need in the post soon.

That's cool, thank you.
Hey guys I've made a Facebook group with a group chat so anyone that wants to join just send a request at this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/1562892264021880/
Reply 125
Original post by BENJISAURUS
This is my second time applying and from what I can remember from other unis they usually start popping up around April sometime- they're not too exciting though

Are they not? I thought it'd update us on all the events during Fresher's and I want to meet (stalk) my peers :biggrin:
Original post by Hectors
Aha last reply was a rejection from flipping Barts.
Thankfully I had offers from both imperial and Leeds.
Withdraw tbh if you're 100%% set on imperial.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear about Barts, but well done on Leeds as well as Imperial. I feel like I should withdraw but they're halfway through giving out offers so I may as well stay and see what I get.

Original post by BENJISAURUS
Wait it out, there's no rush to firm and the ego boost of an offer would be worth it 💁🏼

Yeah I'll probably just wait, although if I don't get anything in the next week then I'm very likely going to withdraw
Reply 127
Original post by not you
Sorry to hear about Barts, but well done on Leeds as well as Imperial. I feel like I should withdraw but they're halfway through giving out offers so I may as well stay and see what I get.

Yeah I'll probably just wait, although if I don't get anything in the next week then I'm very likely going to withdraw

Do you miss out on a deadline or something if you wait it out?
Original post by MedStudent1997
Don't qualify for any and I'm not going to get much from my fam, so I'm basically screwed :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
None at all?
:eek:

I'm sure you'll survive!
Original post by 5824
Do you miss out on a deadline or something if you wait it out?

No but I just don't want to be held in limbo for so long
Received the offer pack today...looks like I need to make an appointment with my GP.
So many forms haha
Received the offer pack today...looks like I need to make an appointment with my GP.
So many forms haha

I was wondering because hepatitis b is a 6 month course but the deadline for the form is August would we return the form and complete the course anyway without having it filled in as it would be after the deadline or don't complete the course and complete it once we are at uni??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I am a gap year student and my initial plan was to visit my family who lives in another country as soon as I get my offers, but now that I have checked this thread, it seems like there are a ton of things that need to be done for Imperial before Uni starts... would it be the best if I waited until the offer's holder pack arrived?
Original post by GDbubbles
Hey guys, I am a gap year student and my initial plan was to visit my family who lives in another country as soon as I get my offers, but now that I have checked this thread, it seems like there are a ton of things that need to be done for Imperial before Uni starts... would it be the best if I waited until the offer's holder pack arrived?

I think it would be best to wait for the offer pack to come in the mail (may take a while though), then go visit your family, then come back and fill in the forms and send them off. Although this is assuming you'll be coming back before June since you need to have sent the forms back by then. If not then probably just wait for the pack and fill it in/send it away before going.
Original post by not you
I think it would be best to wait for the offer pack to come in the mail (may take a while though), then go visit your family, then come back and fill in the forms and send them off. Although this is assuming you'll be coming back before June since you need to have sent the forms back by then. If not then probably just wait for the pack and fill it in/send it away before going.

Thank you!! :smile:
Original post by GDbubbles
Thank you!! :smile:

Skim through the pack when you get it anyway, just in case there's anything really important that needs to be done before June
Original post by MarimaKauser
I was wondering because hepatitis b is a 6 month course but the deadline for the form is August would we return the form and complete the course anyway without having it filled in as it would be after the deadline or don't complete the course and complete it once we are at uni??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I believe you should complete the course and return the form even if its not fully filled in. When you arrive in uni, you tell them that you've had further vaccinations and provide them evidence.
I believe you should complete the course and return the form even if its not fully filled in. When you arrive in uni, you tell them that you've had further vaccinations and provide them evidence.

So would it be an idea to say have the first two doses, and then notify them that you will have the third dose after the deadline for returning the form?
Original post by MarimaKauser

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they'll complete it when you start if you haven't had all three by the time you start.
Original post by nutcase13
So would it be an idea to say have the first two doses, and then notify them that you will have the third dose after the deadline for returning the form?

Yeah, return the form with the ones you've had and occupational health will sort the rest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending