The Student Room Group

Loughborough Vs Surrey

Hello, I am torn between studying psychology at Surrey and Loughborough. I have been to their open days but I'm still not sure. Can anyone tell me what life/the courses are like there to help me make up my mind? Thank you
Reply 1
I can't really tell you about the courses, as I'm going to study something different at a different uni, however the town of Loughborough is really nice, it's close to Leicester, Nottingham, Derby etc., the student union is regarded as one of the best in the country. The uni staff seems friendly and intelligent. The facilities are also nice, the campus looks great. The nightlife in Loughborough is not too bad. I would definitely recommend it to you, I have no clue about Surrey though.
Original post by mvx
I can't really tell you about the courses, as I'm going to study something different at a different uni, however the town of Loughborough is really nice, it's close to Leicester, Nottingham, Derby etc., the student union is regarded as one of the best in the country. The uni staff seems friendly and intelligent. The facilities are also nice, the campus looks great. The nightlife in Loughborough is not too bad. I would definitely recommend it to you, I have no clue about Surrey though.

Okay thank you for your advice
Reply 3
Hey there! I understand your problem!! Although I had applied for different courses than the ones you applied for, I got offers from both Loughborough and Surrey and afterwards I couldn't really make my mind up on which uni to choose but in the end I went for Surrey as it is the best for the course I want to study, it has a really good reputation for employability, the facilities are better and it ranks among the top ten unis in the UK. Loughborough is a really good uni as well, for almost everything I must say but I personally fell that surrey was the right choice for me! I
Best of luck with your decision !!
Original post by Nush Hindocha
Hello, I am torn between studying psychology at Surrey and Loughborough. I have been to their open days but I'm still not sure. Can anyone tell me what life/the courses are like there to help me make up my mind? Thank you

Hi Nush Hindocha

Great that you're considering us :biggrin:

Any questions about Loughborough just ask.

Amy
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi Nush Hindocha

Great that you're considering us :biggrin:

Any questions about Loughborough just ask.

Amy

Thank you :smile:
Original post by davisin_
Hey there! I understand your problem!! Although I had applied for different courses than the ones you applied for, I got offers from both Loughborough and Surrey and afterwards I couldn't really make my mind up on which uni to choose but in the end I went for Surrey as it is the best for the course I want to study, it has a really good reputation for employability, the facilities are better and it ranks among the top ten unis in the UK. Loughborough is a really good uni as well, for almost everything I must say but I personally fell that surrey was the right choice for me! I

How is life at Surrey? Do you enjoy it?
Thank you :smile:

No problem :smile:

Amy
Original post by Loughborough University
No problem :smile:

Amy

Do you know how many contact hours there are per week for psychology? Thank you :smile:
Reply 9
I'm not a current student I'll start in September this year !
Reply 10
I'm trying to make this decisions too - for an engineering course anyway. I have no idea how I'm going to make my mind up, both look great but lboro have given the lower offer. I don't wanna insure with lboro and end up with private accommodation://///////
Original post by curtis-
I'm trying to make this decisions too - for an engineering course anyway. I have no idea how I'm going to make my mind up, both look great but lboro have given the lower offer. I don't wanna insure with lboro and end up with private accommodation://///////

Hi Curtis

Great to hear you're considering us as your firm choice :smile:

While we are only able to guarantee halls accommodation for firm choice applicants, many of our insurance choice students still secure halls accommodation. Either way, we promise to help all of our students find University-approved accommodation - either on campus or through an approved off-campus provider. In both cases, you'd be affiliated to a University hall and so you wouldn't have to worry about missing out!

If you've got any further questions, you can give our Accommodation Centre a call on 01509222258. Alternatively, you can send them an email at [email protected].
Hope this helps,

Teresa
Do you know how many contact hours there are per week for psychology? Thank you :smile:

Hi Nush

We've spoken to the Psychology Department and you'll be looking at around 12 contact hours per week in your first year. You'll be expected to work increasingly independently throughout the course, and so this will drop to 10 contact hours in your second year and 8 hours in your final year.

Hope this helps :smile:

Teresa
Original post by davisin_

What degree are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest