The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by MACmakeupgirl
Do you think it would have been suicide bombers, if so they wont catch anyone?
Suicide bombers usually have others recruiting, training, planning, supplying, etc.
The high-level idealogues rarely put themselves in immediate danger. They are the ones they want to catch. No one just decides to blow themselves up to make a point. They have to be persuaded that it is a good idea, and then provided with the means to do it.
Original post by QE2
Suicide bombers usually have others recruiting, training, planning, supplying, etc.
The high-level idealogues rarely put themselves in immediate danger. They are the ones they want to catch. No one just decides to blow themselves up to make a point. They have to be persuaded that it is a good idea, and then provided with the means to do it.

I can't see the post i was quoting but I meant there won't be anyone to catch at the scene if they were suicide bombers.

Apparently they have caught some people outside the metro station tho
Reply 222
Original post by queen-bee
Have just see them. How can people do this sort of thing,it's sickening
Quite simple.
The use of ideological dehumanisation of a perceived enemy.
It's no secret, and it's not new. Dictators and revolutionaries have done it forever. Mao even got children to turn on their parents, FFS!
Original post by KimKallstrom
Apparently in Molenbeek in Brussels where they caught the Paris attacker, there were locals rioting because they were upset by it. Also there is a bbc interview with a local who confirmed what most of us already very strongly suspected: that everyone there knew he was being hidden there.

If it were one terrorist attack it would be a tragedy, but this will never end.

There were a small number of terrorists who carried out the Paris attacks, but hundreds in his community willing to riot in his favour and willing to protect him. Europe-wide the number of people who quietly support the terrorism runs into hundreds of thousands if not, literally millions.

Belgium is 5% Muslim, but it will become 20% and probably 50%, then things will really start to show.
Reply 224
Original post by queen-bee
He apparently wanted to blow himself up during the Paris attacks but later changed his mind
Read yesterday that he was "cooperating with authorities". Sounds like his programming might have broken. Possibly why these attacks went ahead so soon after his arrest - in case he was spilling the beans.
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
You would expect them to be at least 50% female...

Mother + Father + a couple of children

While you might expect more of a 50/50 gender split, his conclusion that they can't possible be refugees as they're male and are thus infact jihadists seems to be a logical leap.

Reasons might include the fact that women and children are less likely to survive the trip, men might feel that they are better able to survive the dangerous journey and it is harder to take care of a family compared to an individual.
(edited 8 years ago)
If it were one terrorist attack it would be a tragedy, but this will never end.

There were a small number of terrorists who carried out the Paris attacks, but hundreds in his community willing to riot in his favour and willing to protect him. Europe-wide the number of people who quietly support the terrorism runs into hundreds of thousands if not, literally millions.

Belgium is 5% Muslim, but it will become 20% and probably 50%, then things will really start to show.

Not for hundreds of years, and even then only that assumes no competent governments in Europe take power
Update: several dead, more injured

RIP to all the victims :frown:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35869254

Around 30 dead, and probably over a hundred injured
Original post by Mathemagicien
Not for hundreds of years, and even then only that assumes no competent governments in Europe take power

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10562574/Almost-a-tenth-of-babies-and-toddlers-in-England-and-Wales-are-Muslim-census-figures-show.html

10% is the absolute minimum assuming both Muslim birthrates fall to replacement level and immigration is stopped. 20% will come very soon.

I should probably think about converting soon.
Around 30 dead, and probably over a hundred injured

Thanks for the stats

Not sure if I should keep updating the OP as death toll keeps rising :frown:
Original post by BaconandSauce
Do you have a source for this please

Cannot Youtube at work, so i qualified my statement with "apparently" as I haven't seen it yet myself. I'll look later though unless someone else here can link it?
(edited 8 years ago)
This is just awful. Innocent people going about their day brutally murdered on account of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Heart really does go out to them.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10562574/Almost-a-tenth-of-babies-and-toddlers-in-England-and-Wales-are-Muslim-census-figures-show.html

10% is the absolute minimum assuming both Muslim birthrates fall to replacement level and immigration is stopped. 20% will come very soon.

I remember reading yesterday that at the average rates of migrants going into Sweden, Sweden is going to become a third world country by 2035 and Swedes will be a minority by 2040

Oh, I agree it will reach 10% by 2050, and probably 20% by the end of the century, but it will still take a long time to reach 50% - their birth rates are converging to replacement level, slowly

Yes, I need to learn Arabic and the Quran in case I need to quote it in a life or death situation
my best guess is that the couple of terrorists from the Molenbeek ring still at large knew that their chances of not being tracked down were very slight, and have exploded themselves at the airport and the metro station

this does not mean that some of them may not be around still : the only positive point is that the number of suicide bombers is, necessarily, limited, and that security will be considerably upgraded

we will have to adapt to more controls and less privacy : this seems inevitable
Original post by KimKallstrom
Apparently in Molenbeek in Brussels where they caught the Paris attacker, there were locals rioting because they were upset by it. Also there is a bbc interview with a local who confirmed what most of us already very strongly suspected: that everyone there knew he was being hidden there.

Original post by BaconandSauce
Do you have a source for this please

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/653818/Molenbeek-terror-raid-Paris-attacks-Salah-Abdeslam-Belgium-riot-police
Reply 236
Original post by Frank Underwood
Another terrorist attack which will not accomplish anything.
Apart from stoking anti-Muslim feeling and suspicion, possibly increasing a feeling of isolation and victimisation in the larger and more insular Muslim communities, leading to more recruits potential civil unrest.
Which is kinda what they want, IMHO.
Thanks for the stats

Not sure if I should keep updating the OP as death toll keeps rising :frown:

You should, or remove the toll altogether, rather than posting a wildly incorrect figure
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I remember reading yesterday that at the average rates of migrants going into Sweden, Sweden is going to become a third world country by 2035 and Swedes will be a minority by 2040

It's a reality, these things have happened throughout history, it happened in Lebanon which in the past was heavily Christian around 90% if I recall.

Oh, I agree it will reach 10% by 2050, and probably 20% by the end of the century, but it will still take a long time to reach 50% - their birth rates are converging to replacement level, slowlyYes, I need to learn Arabic and the Quran in case I need to quote it in a life or death situation

I have learned Arabic phrases and extracts from the Qur'an in case this happens, I would lol so hard if they actually let me go :teehee:
The Guardian's anti-science messiah Simon Jenkins wades in with some advice on how to react:

The intention of the terrorist is clearly to shut down western society, to show liberal democracy to be a sham and to invoke the persecution of Muslims. Yet that is the invariable response of the security industry to these incidents. Convinced of its potency, it dare not admit there are some things against which it cannot protect us. So when incidents occur it jerks the knee and demands ever more money and ever more power. It must not be given them.

Tl;dr - love trumps hate, don't beef up security
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending