The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Farm_Ecology
Have you seen the recruitment ads, they dont appeal to victimhood, but to macho and bravado attitudes.

Indeed,but they mostly appeal to loners and lone wolves of society,not normal thinking people
Original post by mariachi
my best guess is that the couple of terrorists from the Molenbeek ring still at large knew that their chances of not being tracked down were very slight, and have exploded themselves at the airport and the metro station

this does not mean that some of them may not be around still : the only positive point is that the number of suicide bombers is, necessarily, limited, and that security will be considerably upgraded

we will have to adapt to more controls and less privacy : this seems inevitable

If only it were hypothetically possible to see their faces after blowing themselves up to realise that maybe the god they died for doesn't exist :moon:
Original post by queen-bee
I don't think turkey will be joining the EU anytime soon anyway,do they still want to join? You don't hear much about it anymore

Erdogan does want membership, however simply for economic reasons as better access to European markets will keep Turkey afloat indefinitely.

Turkey has become too backwards and authoritarian, with the state's constitution and institutions slowly being eroded by the corrupt and brutal ruling Islamist party. To admit them into the European Union under the current leadership would be a betrayal of liberal democracy and all the values the EU ''supposedly'' hold dear.

Also, it would be unfair and technically against EU rules to fast track and admit as part of a deal them until they get their stuff together, as they are potentially decades away from meeting the standards of Community acquis for EU membership. But with the current woeful leadership we have at the European level, I'm certain they try force it through, as they panic, fighting amongst themselves and run around like headless chickens over the refugee crisis.
Original post by M14B
Has anybody accepted responsibility?

Unfortunately, the regressive left still haven't
Reply 264
Original post by Frank Underwood
No, I expect them to understand that more than 99% of Muslims are peaceful, though.
Yet surveys of Muslims consistently show that levels of support for Islmist extremism vary from 5-10% in the UK, to more than 50% in the Middle East, N Africa and South Asia. (eg. 29% of Egyptian Muslims consider suicide bombing to be sometimes or often justified - Pew Research).

It is irrelevant that less than 1% of a group are actually carrying out attacks, if a significant number support their actions, and the vast majority support the ideology that inspires them. Did the fact that only a few thousand were actually involved in operating the death camps make the Nazi ideology supported by 8 million people any less abhorrent?
So,is there one big terrorist ring in molenbeek? Or different splinter groups?
Original post by MACmakeupgirl
Probably bc of Saleh abdesalam being captured :frown:

You do realise arttacks like these are planned months in advance
Original post by ESPORTIVA LUTA

This couldn't have been a last minute thing,you're right
Original post by Mathemagicien
No chance...

It's really sad that as Christianity is waning, Islam is growing. I mean I am not a Christian but I feel as an atheist, I can't really provide an alternate view point.
Original post by Life_peer
‘Religion of peace’ strikes again. :angry:

Careful now. You may get accused of stirring religious hatred by the powers that be.

Obviously, but the plans could have been "sparked" by his capture. Interesting how this happened in Brussels too. He could have known about what was planned here and whoever orchestrated this was probably worried he'd spill information on it.

yes, but I'd say the timing is reactionary. You could do most of the planning months in advance like scouting, traget selection and having the weapons available, whilst leaving the day of attack to the last week.
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
You mean like Merkel?

Why would it be her fault? have the attackers nee identified and linked to her?
Original post by 999tigger
yes, but I'd say the timing is reactionary. You could do most of the planning months in advance like scouting, traget selection and having the weapons available, whilst leaving the day of attack to the last week.

This, I bet Saleh Abdeslam knew about the plans for this
Original post by Dinasaurus
It's really sad that as Christianity is waning, Islam is growing. I mean I am not a Christian but I feel as an atheist, I can't really provide an alternate view point.

According to the Catholic Church, Christianity is growing...
Original post by 999tigger
Why would it be her fault? have the attackers nee identified and linked to her?

If any of the attackers came in with the refugees, those politicians who accepted them should face criminal charges.
Original post by Dinasaurus

Christianity isn't waning, its alive and growing in many parts of the world. The only way to destroy bad news is to replace it with the inclusive and God News of Jesus which goes against the mindset we witness here, which is to destroy man.
Original post by Racoon
Christianity isn't waning, its alive and growing in many parts of the world. The only way to destroy bad news is to replace it with the inclusive and God News of Jesus which goes against the mindset we witness here, which is to destroy man.

Oh dear

Posted from TSR Mobile
If any of the attackers came in with the refugees, those politicians who accepted them should face criminal charges.

So the answer is you dont know, but are willing to jump to conclusions.

Would you be charging the airline if they came in on a plane or anycompanies that supplied them with goods and services?

What criminal charges would they be?

What would Bernie have to say about that? :frown: