The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maximus999
Anyone heard from Hailsham yet???

My application still says that it is under consideration on the portal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 721
Original post by maximus999
Anyone heard from Hailsham yet???

Original post by LegallyBlonde_
My application still says that it is under consideration on the portal.

Last year applications were in for the 2nd March and I received an invitation to interview on 8th April. A week or so before 8th April I was also informed that I had survived an initial cull and that my application was being considered for the final interview shortlist (10 people last year).

I understand they have a long-ish process because of the marking of the problem question.
Reply 722
Has anybody heard from UoL about the advocacy scholarships?
Original post by Ozziebc
Has anybody heard from UoL about the advocacy scholarships?

No, and given that the, "successful candidates will be notified by the end of the week", I'm losing hope.
Original post by Aforcemajeure
No, and given that the, "successful candidates will be notified by the end of the week", I'm losing hope.

Don't lose hope! I know quite a few people who applied and no one has heard anything. I still have my fingers crossed!
Hi guys sorry to be the bearer of bad news - successful applicants for the advocacy scholarship were informed at the end of the week.

Not sure if they have also sorted the Provost's Awards so maybe there is still hope for us yet :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I am assuming that the following are a silent rejection: BC Legal, 4 KBW (1st 6) and Lincoln Chambers. Never received an acknowledgment from the last two despite asking for one. If anyone has any different, then please share. Thanks
Reply 727
Guys - chart lands chambers sent out their Pupillage interview invites out last Monday. Found mine this morning in my junk folder, my friend did the same that's how I know. Interviews are tomorrow and Wednesday. Anyone else get one?
Not that this is particularly related, but I feel like I completely mucked up my Lincoln's Inn scholarship interview.
Original post by preabogada
Not that this is particularly related, but I feel like I completely mucked up my Lincoln's Inn scholarship interview.

What makes you think that? I thought my inner interview went well but have since met lots of others who also applied there... After speaking to them, seeing them in action etc... I don't think I stand a chance.
Original post by planet_sophie
What makes you think that? I thought my inner interview went well but have since met lots of others who also applied there... After speaking to them, seeing them in action etc... I don't think I stand a chance.

I lost my cool and was literally all over the place. I honestly don't feel like I was my best self. :frown:

I have like a 10% hope of getting it.
Still nothing from 1 Chancery Lane? That seems to be taking a while.
Anybody else have an absolute stinker at 9SJS last Saturday?
I got my inner temple rejection letter...
Original post by planet_sophie
I got my inner temple rejection letter...

Commiserations
Has anyone else heard from inner? Just trying to gauge if they have sent all responses in one batch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard from Lincoln House or Rowchester Chambers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard from 9sjs after the first round?
BC Legal rejections out.
Sorry to hear that re BC Legal. Was it by email? If so generic or personalised? Just wondering when to expect the inevitable!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending