The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
Is it balls.

Where has anyone ever said that because of the Catholic priests abusing children that all Catholics are evil?

Yes, denouncing a religion is implicitly denouncing its followers.

How absurd is it to say "Your religion is evil, corrupt and destructive, but you're alright"
Reply 321
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It's absolutely disgraceful the way the reactionary right is seeking to cash in on this, from Trump to Le Pen and from UKIP to the TSR trolls, every race-hating headbanger on the planet is jumping for joy.
And that is almost certainly part of the reason for these attacks.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Do you work for ISIS by any chance?

Quit it, I hate ISIS but I know that hating all other Muslims only promotes ISIS.
Original post by QE2
And that is almost certainly part of the reason for these attacks.

It's not even about race, we have a small minority of racist idiots, but in general nobody criticises Hindus, Black people, Sikhs or secular Arabs because the issue is religion.
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
even if the children are older than 10, the parents can be made criminally liable, lets get back to the topic at hand, Merkel should be on trial at the Hague.

Why is the law of parental responsibility relevant. Do you know something the police dont?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
She is guided by German Guilt

Also, the rapidly aging and declining German workforce

She probably thought it was an opportunity to replenish the German population, while at the same time give Germany a better reputation tbh

Whilst that may be true, there are better ways to go about doing this - better for the refugees, and for the people of Germany (both majority and minority communities).

She has made a tremendous error, and should just step-down. I'll pay her retirement money (or start a crowdfund), she should just go to an isolated German village in the middle of nowhere and take up knitting.
Reply 326
Sometimes, the age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10, yet parents are often given police notices if their children skive school.
I meant, if an adult commits a murder (for example), are that person's parents held responsible for the murder because they allowed them into our society?

As you well knew.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Thats absurd. Do you have anything to suggest this is their plan?

ISIS are not performing some elaborate plot to blow up stuff in the hopes this builds up anti muslim sentiment, in the hopes they become radicalized, in the hopes they then join isis. They are performing a war of symbolism and attrition like any other guerilla faction.

Yes, I do.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/16/isis-bombs-hostage-syria-islamic-state-paris-attacks

This French hostage, who was held captive by ISIS, said that the unity that Europe provided by allowing refugees in is a blow to ISIS.

Therefore, it is clear that ISIS would rather we rejected all Muslims, rather than allow them in.

So one of ISIL's aims is to alienate Muslims.
Another Islamist attack. People are right to label this an attack against democracy and freedom. It's so sad how so many innocent lives are taken by those who can't handle people holding different ideological views to them.
Original post by Mathemagicien
I find it disgusting how the left continues to ignore the very serious problem and demonises those who speak out

Sigh. We don't. We just don't leap to simplistic conclusions to stir up the masses.
Original post by QE2
I meant, if an adult commits a murder (for example), are that person's parents held responsible for the murder because they allowed them into our society?

As you well knew.

Of course not, but I genuinely think that people who have implemented policies which have causes huge amounts of damage, when they are warned and when the damage caused was predictable, should be imprisoned.

It's not even that extreme, if you intentionally run a company badly to push down share prices or make hugely reckless decisions you are criminally liable, it should be the same for politicians.
Original post by Frank Underwood
Quit it, I hate ISIS but I know that hating all other Muslims only promotes ISIS.

There's not a lot that doesn't promote ISIS apart from it seems bending over.

But as I said you seem to know an awful lot about what ISIS actually want.

But regardless it's not going to stop the majority of people having serious issues with Islam nor stop people from voicing these opinions
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Sigh. We don't. We just don't leap to simplistic conclusions to stir up the masses.

Not just people on the left anyone with a brain doesnt jump to simplistic conclusions and waits to see what the evidence is before accusing anyone.
Reply 333
It's not even about race, we have a small minority of racist idiots, but in general nobody criticises Hindus, Black people, Sikhs or secular Arabs because the issue is religion.
No, but Hindus, Sikhs and Asians in general are victims of "Islamophobic" attacks, despite not being Muslim.

You need to seperate "reasoned criticism of Islam" from "attacking Muslims because they look different".

One is racism (or xenophobia at least). One is not.
Original post by QE2
No, but Hindus, Sikhs and Asians in general are victims of "Islamophobic" attacks, despite not being Muslim.

You need to seperate "reasoned criticism of Islam" from "attacking Muslims because they look different".

One is racism (or xenophobia at least). One is not.

I haven't advocated Muslims being attacked so it's not relevant.

Still think Merkel should be in prison and she's a White Christian.
There's not a lot that doesn't promote ISIS apart from it seems bending over.

But as I said you seem to know an awful lot about what ISIS actually want.

But regardless it's not going to stop the majority of people having serious issues with Islam nor stop people from voicing these opinions

Just go away, obviously I'm not a part of ISIS. I know what ISIS want because of an account given by a French ISIS hostage.

The point is that the policies and actions that arise from Trumpite hysteria and knee-jerk reactions affect these people too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Frank Underwood
Just go away,

AH the retort of the true thinker.
Has the attacker been identified yet? Or attackers.
AH the retort of the true thinker.

Better than the rhetoric that "anyone who disagrees is a terrorist"

Latest

Trending

Trending