The Student Room Group

In an awkward position with a girl

I'm seeing a girl on a weekly basis to teach her some stuff that she wants to know for free. We're not really friends as in buddies nor flirting much.

We don't communicate outside the weekly meets but she knows that I want her and she probably thinks I'm cute as well but just not very sociable.

During the visits we ask each other some personal questions and so get to know each other a bit more after each meet. Are these visits considered dating?

Any advice for me?

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't call them dates.

Be careful that she's not taking advantage of you.

Maybe think about what personal things you've found out and whether they're something you can use to initiate conversations outside of these weekly meetings.
Hey. No these visits would not be considered dating. If you like her and she does think you're cute ask if she wants to do something else, if she says yes, then great it's a date - unless she just thinks you're doing it as friends.........starting relationships can be complicated, you want to be really clear, but you don't want to scare people off!

Sorry, probably not much help!!!
Well, would you like it to proceed in a more romantic direction? It's hard to advise you without knowing exactly what you're aiming to get out of it
If she liked you at all she would talk to you outside the meets. She's probably nice to you during so that you keep tutoring her for free!
I thought when I read the thread title that you'd been working your way through the Karma Sutra :rofl:
Reply 6
Sounds like she isn't interested tbh.

You could just take a chance and ask her out. See what happens.

:wink:
I wouldn't classify them as dates yet, but it doesn't mean she's not interested. Like the others have said, I'd take a risk and ask her out. You'll see where you stand alot clearer :smile: Good luck!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm seeing a girl on a weekly basis to teach her some stuff that she wants to know for free. We're not really friends as in buddies nor flirting much.

We don't communicate outside the weekly meets but she knows that I want her and she probably thinks I'm cute as well but just not very sociable.

During the visits we ask each other some personal questions and so get to know each other a bit more after each meet. Are these visits considered dating?

Any advice for me?

No that ain't dating. However if you really wanna push the boat, sit her down and say something like you feel that you are 'leading her on', and just want to clarify that you aren't. Then say something like if she is interested so are you.
Reply 9
dat thread title tho :rofl:
Why are you giving her help for free?
Original post by Blondie987
Why are you giving her help for free?

I enjoy doing it as well so it's not just her that benefits from it.
I wouldnt call that a date, but break the question mate :smile:
Maybe I'm playing it too safe. What is a date anyway?

You can see that I'm very inexperienced.
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe I'm playing it too safe. What is a date anyway?

You can see that I'm very inexperienced.

Tutoring can be nice money I imagine :redface:

A date is where one person has asked out another with both interested in getting to know one another and seeing whether there is chemistry there, with some kind of activity to do together (eg eating at restaurant, walking through a mark or having a picnic, going bowling etc, not somehing like tutoring)
Original post by SeanFM

Be careful that she's not taking advantage of you.

Lol wtf
Original post by Emily.97
Lol wtf

Eh?

I mean that, if this person is accepting free tuition knowing full well that the guy is into them, maybe taking advantage isn't the right word to use but it's a dangerous game.
She's using you for your raspberries, man. Be careful. :colone:
Try kiss her......50/50 risk. Either you shag or its really awkward.

Worth the risk in my opinion.
Original post by SeanFM
Tutoring can be nice money I imagine :redface:

A date is where one person has asked out another with both interested in getting to know one another and seeing whether there is chemistry there, with some kind of activity to do together (eg eating at restaurant, walking through a mark or having a picnic, going bowling etc, not somehing like tutoring)

What about going for a walk? Is that a date?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending