The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge 2016 Postgraduate Entry

Scroll to see replies

Just got moved to the BoGs stage for MPhil in Economics... can't breathe.:argh::banana::banana2:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2441
Original post by YouplaBoum
Yes: I saw the BOGS thing on a Friday, and the next Tuesday the offer was confirmed. Then it took another two weeks to get my first College choice (Corpus Christi) confirmed.

I am curious, but did you have any kind of interview for scholarships?

I did not. I don't think that there are interviews for funding but I am also not certain about this. I suspect that funding is allocated based on the recommendations by the Faculty.
Original post by ready
I did not. I don't think that there are interviews for funding but I am also not certain about this. I suspect that funding is allocated based on the recommendations by the Faculty.

I think the only source of funding that interviews is Gates, although don't quote me on it!
Reply 2443
Original post by ejminihane
I think the only source of funding that interviews is Gates, although don't quote me on it!

Isn't that the scholarship for leaders or something like that? The one requiring a separate statement and reference? If so, I didn't apply for this, seems like a huge hassle and I am never gonna be a leader anyway :P
aren't people on Easter break?
Original post by ready
Isn't that the scholarship for leaders or something like that? The one requiring a separate statement and reference? If so, I didn't apply for this, seems like a huge hassle and I am never gonna be a leader anyway :P

Ha yeah, I applied and got rejected! The application was pretty immense, not going to lie!!! Luckily got funding from Cambridge international trust! No interview, no hassle!
Reply 2446
Original post by Young Oldman
aren't people on Easter break?

no, actually, the administrative officers are working normally (it's only a break from classes for students and academics)
Original post by Camilli
No first-hand contact, but it is (a) rather classical-looking, (b) known to harbor many lawyers, and (c) within a tolerable walking distance to the train.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by guigui245
Hey, how long were you at the stage "application with degree committee" for? Been there for a week and I am cautiously optimistic now :smile:

Hi! Uhmm I am not sure actually, I had been under consideration for like 4 months, and then I checked at the beginning or March and I saw that I had an offer on CAMSIS haha
Original post by Dutchguy1
Hi! Uhmm I am not sure actually, I had been under consideration for like 4 months, and then I checked at the beginning or March and I saw that I had an offer on CAMSIS haha

It's okay, I got BoGS this morning :biggrin:
I'm waiting on the official word now.
Original post by ready
no, actually, the administrative officers are working normally (it's only a break from classes for students and academics)

umm…. it's only a break for undergrads

Postgrads and academics still hard at work, with the added pleasure that it's easier to find a space in the college library and the UL car park!
Completely overwhelmed and overjoyed. Just received news that I'll be getting the fully funded Cambridge International Scholarship. I am actually crying tears of joy...
Original post by bobbypin
Completely overwhelmed and overjoyed. Just received news that I'll be getting the fully funded Cambridge International Scholarship. I am actually crying tears of joy...

Congrats!

:party2:
Original post by Warm_and_fuzzy
Congrats!

:party2:

Thank you! :smile:

Did not expect it at all after getting rejected by Gates, and seeing that most of the CISS awards had been announced. Hope all those waiting for news hear something positive soon!
Do anybody knows how much is the stipend that the cambridge trust provides in the international studentship?
Original post by bobbypin
:borat:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Young Oldman
Do anybody knows how much is the stipend that the cambridge trust provides in the international studentship?

£14,296 :smile:
Original post by Camilli
:borat:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 2458
Hi all. I am still concerned about the CHESS awards (that did not come out yet). Does anybody know how un/certain is the award once your department nominates you? Do they nominate a lot of applicants?

Also, has anybody heard about the college scholarships?
Original post by ejminihane
£14,296 :smile:

Note that this is the rate for 12 months. If you're doing a 9-month Master's (the majority of Cambridge Master's are 9 months iirc), it's going to be more like £10,700.

Source: AHRC offer email

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending