The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mall-cop
No one's dropped out of anything. Keep posting ridiculous non constructive insults and I'll report each one.

just dont report meeeeeeeeee :angelblush::bawling:
Reply 41
Original post by Juno
The problem is that the retake policy will depend on your uni and subject. You might be forced to retake the whole year, or might just be able to retake this one module alongside the next year's work. Nobody here can tell you.

The finance will then depend on what you're doing, and what you have previously done. You haven't given enough detail for anyone to advise you accurately.

You're the only one who's asked this with a civil tone.

If I can tell you in pm, thanks.

Original post by shawtyb
just dont report meeeeeeeeee :angelblush::bawling:

lol of course not
No. It shouldn't be a huge amount though.

lol of course not

awww, you do like me! :yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:
Reply 44
You're the only one who's asked this with a civil tone.

If I can tell you in pm, thanks.

I would need to know whether it's full time or part time (people have mentioned the OU so I'm not sure) and how many years the course will last. I'll also need how many years you have completed -are you currently first second or third year? Have you had any other student funding prior to the course (ie have you dropped out before?)
If resitting the class means resitting the whole year, then student finance will cover you.
I was told they can cover you for the entire duration of your degree plus one year on top of that.
If you just need to resit an exam then you have to just pay for that module yourself. You can look into bursary schemes if you need help paying for that exam resit. Student finance and your department will be able to help you better on this issue.
(edited 8 years ago)
No one's dropped out of anything. Keep posting ridiculous non constructive insults and I'll report each one.

You can really be unpleasant sometimes you know? And you said no ones dropped out of anything, but you are on the verge of dropping out of university? Without having passed even a single unit? Don't be insulting, thanks.
Well i know someone who had failed a class and the resit in the summer and has had to repeat the year just for this one class but im almost certain she got funding, but i imagine she had to put part time for the year, that would be something only student finance can answer
As the others have all said i dont really get what you mean when youre talking about the fees for this one module but if the fees work the same as every other course/uni and your uni allowed you to do the class along side your next year then youd just get finance for your next uni year like normal
So have you told your professor you cnat afford to access the site and you will fail?
Have you tried getting a bursary, hardhsip fund, additional loan?
As we dont know your institution then its hard to say, but most of the sites I looked at seemed o indicate if it was just a resit fee then the student pays, whereas if it was a substantial part of the year, then you would use that as part of your extra year and SFE would pay.
Have you checked the rules to see whether a resit is actually capped to a bare pass (which is common in resits). I know you arent interested in anynything other than finance, but if its capped then a resit wont give you any advantage over the low grade you think you will get.

there is an SFE rep on this site and they seem to answer quite quickly. try reposting it in their section.
Reply 49
Are resits not capped at 40% where you go?
Reply 50
Original post by john2054
You can really be unpleasant sometimes you know? And you said no ones dropped out of anything, but you are on the verge of dropping out of university? Without having passed even a single unit? Don't be insulting, thanks.

First off, I never said any of this, it's simply not true. You're here to kick dust for no reason, then you tell me not to insult you? Please just go away. Look around at others who actually are trying, don't get so caught up for reps. You're ignore listed now, bye.
Original post by JC.
Are resits not capped at 40% where you go?

they are for mine too
Original post by john2054
If this is you Will, why don't you tell them the truth? That you don't even have c in maths and science, and are trying to do an engineering o.u. degree?

Sorry mate you're aiming to high!

Lol, who's Will? OP is called Mal
If this is just a regular undergrad degree, then a retake will be capped at the lowest pass rate anyway, which is 40%, so if you think you can pass you may as well try, as you wont be able o get more than 40% next time anyway.

If this isnt the case then you need to explain yourself better, this thread makes like no sense
Reply 54
Original post by BekahMay
Well i know someone who had failed a class and the resit in the summer and has had to repeat the year just for this one class but im almost certain she got funding, but i imagine she had to put part time for the year, that would be something only student finance can answer
As the others have all said i dont really get what you mean when youre talking about the fees for this one module but if the fees work the same as every other course/uni and your uni allowed you to do the class along side your next year then youd just get finance for your next uni year like normal

It's a fee to join a website
where the work and exam will be posted
I also don't understand this, hence my anger and confusion?
I prefer not to go to them because they are the ones who said their hands were tied because it's a requirement that I pay to use the website to access the material, otherwise, I fail. I just want to know what's realistic options now that I know I can't pass this time around.

If I take it next year, and I have to take this, it's core. If I take it in fall, I should have the money to access the damn website lol Then I can participate as usual and do the work and pass. I just want to know if I'll get funded to do this, for one required but failed module.
Original post by Eternalflames
If resitting the class means resitting the whole year, then student finance will cover you.
I was told they can cover you for the entire duration of your degree plus one year on top of that.
If you just need to resit an exam then you have to just pay for that module yourself. You can look into bursary schemes if you need help paying for that exam resit. Student finance and your department will be able to help you better on this issue.

This is about what it amounts to.

Information makes it possible to look it up for him

Is this Open University?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 56
It's a fee to join a website
where the work and exam will be posted
I also don't understand this, hence my anger and confusion?
I prefer not to go to them because they are the ones who said their hands were tied because it's a requirement that I pay to use the website to access the material, otherwise, I fail. I just want to know what's realistic options now that I know I can't pass this time around.

If I take it next year, and I have to take this, it's core. If I take it in fall, I should have the money to access the damn website lol Then I can participate as usual and do the work and pass. I just want to know if I'll get funded to do this, for one required but failed module.

How much is the fee for the website?
Original post by Eternalflames
Lol, who's Will? OP is called Mal

Hi eternalflames,

one of my so called mates is in the same situation as this op. So it was either a case a genuine misidentity on my part, or else subtle misdirection on the ops. Either way he says he is going to block me!
Reply 58
:ashamed:
Reply 59
Original post by Dann842
How much is the fee for the website?

More than I was able to afford before my professor closed registration

Latest