The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QE2
Killing those who oppose your ideology is not condemned in Islam. It is prescribed. 5:32-33 is fairly clear about it, and tafsir such as Ibn Kathir remove any ambiguity, with use of the hadith.

The problem here is that you are assuming that because you follow a particular version of Islam, that it is the only one.

Unfortunately, it is not. However much we all want every Muslim to follow the sanitised, cherry-picked version that you do, it is painfully clear that others favour an unmodernised version that cherry-picks a different set of verses and hadith. It is not enough to simply accuse them of being "Not True Muslims", because they are saying the same thing about you. And they are prepered to go further to impose their views. Views that you are unwittingly legitimising by insisting that your interpretation is the only true one.

Still as obsessed with Islam as usual.

:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Onde
Hardly any Muslims ascribe to the First Pillar of Islam? Are you sure? I thought that was the prime definition of a Muslim.

Nope. And I'm not going to respond to you because I don't like this trend of me saying something and you twisting my words.
Original post by Frank Underwood
They are doing stuff, they are dying in the Middle East fighting against ISIS. Or did you just neglect that?

A minority of them are doing that. A minority. There are more appeasing the terrorists than fighting them.
Original post by mariachi
if you think favourably of something, you support it, and vice versa

it's only a question of degree of support : you can also support simply by omission (e.g. by not denouncing jihadis)

use your brain

Nope.

I am favourable of Jeremy Corbyn because of his honesty, but I have a lot of disputes with his views.

You can be favourable of something without supporting them.

:facepalm:
Original post by NickLCFC
To be fair, it's mostly trending because of people complaining about the hashtag.

Thats because some idiots actually got it trending in the first place.
Nope. And I'm not going to respond to you because I don't like this trend of me saying something and you twisting my words.

Based on what you quoted, and what you then said, I did not twist your words.
The fact that ISIS are anti-west, particularly the USA, who in the eyes of many people in the Middle East, have destroyed their country.Their opposition to Assad.
you can support anti assad groups that have nothing to do with assad. in fact IS are committing very few forces to direct conflict with him compared to Syrian National Coalition for example. can you asnwer my other question pls -you stated earlier you were atheist. what is your view on the islamic doctrine that these people are exposed to
Original post by thunder_chunky
A minority of them are doing that. A minority. There are more appeasing the terrorists than fighting them.

Because most of them aren't able to fight them, and if you're saying that 'every Muslim should go and fight ISIS' then you are implicitly condemning the thousands of British people who stayed at home during WW1 and WW2.
Original post by missfats

Posted from TSR Mobile

errrm - each time there is an islamic terrorist attack - people will be talking about islam, yes :erm:
Original post by Reformed
errrm - each time there is an islamic terrorist attack - people will be talking about islam, yes :dunno:

I'm talking about him in general.
You never fail to see him on these kind of threads

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you suggesting you are not obsessed with Islam?

You can be favourable of something without supporting them.

:facepalm:
this is true only if you keep your views to yourself

if you make your favourable views public, you are supporting the relevant cause/person/ideology

you don't have to agree 100% with something in order to support it

in any case, a person who has a favourable view of ISIS is not likely to report them if he learns of some attack being prepared : support by omission

best
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Well, after the recent arrests some kind of trouble had to sprout up.

Spoiler

-_-
I'm talking about him in general.
You never fail to see him on these kind of threads

Posted from TSR Mobile

again to be fair, islam gives him plenty to talk about doesnt it.

if it were buddhism causing people to do things like this over and over again all over the place, im sure it would be hotly discussed to. but facts are, its pretty much just islamists
Reply 574
Original post by NK18444
Can you get this evidence up from a reliable source because I'm part of many societies, clubs and charities here in the UK and am friends with many muslims. Whenever I ask for their true views on ISIS they don't sound very "favourable" about it quite the opposite actually. Have you asked any muslims of their views mate?
This Pew Research world-wide survey shows high levels of support for extremist views.
15% of Turkish Muslims, 26% of Bangladeshi and 29% of Egyptian, think that suicide bombing is "often/sometimes justified".

Turkey has 6 million Muslims who have a "favourable opinion" of ISIS. 16 million in Pakistan, and 24 million in Nigeria.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

Don't spur hate saying that an "alarming number" of muslims share or support terrorism.
Pointing out the results of reliable research is not "spurring hate". I would suggest that the important issue is to detemine why so many Muslims hold these views, and find ways of changing them, rather than denying that they hold them in the first place.
Because most of them aren't able to fight them, and if you're saying that 'every Muslim should go and fight ISIS' then you are implicitly condemning the thousands of British people who stayed at home during WW1 and WW2.

That's not true. There are plenty of military aged men (and women) who are probably fit and able enough, but who are either too cowardly or just unwilling to do so.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Sigh. We don't. We just don't leap to simplistic conclusions to stir up the masses.

Do you reach any conclusions, or do you ignore information and statistics that go against your currently held beliefs?

Why must the multicultural nightmare be continually pushed, when this is the result?
Original post by xxvine
These people are just evil
It has nothing to with religion imo....similar to the nazis

It has everything to do with religion, ISIS gets most of its insane ideas from the Qur'an.
Original post by mariachi
this is true only if you keep your views to yourself

if you make your favourable views public, you are supporting the relevant cause/person/ideology

you don't have to agree 100% with something in order to support it

best

This is pure idiocy. You can be favourable with something without supporting them, I could give thousands of examples, such as how people can be favourable for leaving the EU, but who don't openly go out and protest to stay in the EU. I'm done with you.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

Repose en paix

Where's Turkey,Nigeria,Tunisia,Syria,Iraq,Pakistan and all other countries suffering from terrorism?

Latest

Trending

Trending