The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 999tigger
Im not really allowed to talk to him or he reports me.
If it was the OU, then a lot of their rules are online.
You seem to think you know him.

I thought i did tigger,

but it seems like it is someone else. Either that or the op is so full of his own steam, that he is lying about the fine details. Mind you, if it is Will, that would be just like him?

Who knows??
Original post by mall-cop
Look idc about capping or percentages or anything. I accept it's a sh*t situation.

The worst thing now is having to pay to retake. 4 pages just to tell me if I or anyone has ever had to pay to take a class again...

Peple have been trying to tell you all along it depends on the institution. We dont know yours.

If you are just resitting the exam and have paid all the fees for the previous module but failed, then id guess you pay a resit fee. that tends to be small from the ones I looked at. You dont think you would be capped, so thats good for you. Lots of other unis cap resits unless theres an exceptional reason., which means resitting is really the last option as a bare pass is extremely limiting.
"No" what?

Funding.

SA 6.2.4 Capping of resit resubmission resultsWhen resitting or resubmitting, your final grade will be capped unless you have been notifiedat the time of your resit/resubmission result that you have been awarded an uncappedresit/resubmission. This means that if you are successful in your resit/resubmission, you willnot be awarded more than the minimum pass grade for this module.

This is the policy for OU. Yes they do cap grades!
Reply 84

lmao you have nerve. You reported this post for no reason:

If you're so without information, which I refuse to tell someone who vindictively reports me,
then why...I beg you tell me why you're still here? :hmmm:
Reply 85
x

Original post by john2054
x

You two have been malicious this whole time so thanks no thanks for your contributions. Everyone else is more than welcome :biggrin:

Original post by morgan8002
Funding.

Ok just making sure we're on the same pg here.
Anyway I spoke to a financial advisor and according to where I go,
I get full coverage
if I register fulltime/for a certain # of classes/credits
the repeated course will be covered in, supposedly. I don't like the guy but he was my last hope. All I can do now is pray I can register for enough classes next time so that I can have the class I need to repeat included in the coverage ....
Hi eternalflames,

one of my so called mates is in the same situation as this op. So it was either a case a genuine misidentity on my part, or else subtle misdirection on the ops. Either way he says he is going to block me!

Hahaha :lol:
It's rude of me to laugh but "doesn't even have a C in maths and science GCSE" is a bit funny. I mean it's GCSE, that's the easiest it's ever going to be for him
Original post by Eternalflames
It's rude of me to laugh but "doesn't even have a C in maths and science GCSE" is a bit funny. I mean it's GCSE, that's the easiest it's ever going to be for him

i know
lmao you have nerve. You reported this post for no reason:

If you're so without information, which I refuse to tell someone who vindictively reports me,
then why...I beg you tell me why you're still here? :hmmm:

Nope i dont believe i reported you, whats the point? If theres a mod around of theres a report from me its an error.

Im interested what the answer is because tthen the point you were making can be made clear. Ive looked up a number of institutions to see how they handle resits and payments thereon. Other people seem to be seeing the same things and giving the same advice i would. I wonder who is correct.
Reply 89
Original post by Eternalflames

It's not funny ang because that guy doesn't even know what he's talking about. :curious:
SA 6.2.4 Capping of resit resubmission resultsWhen resitting or resubmitting, your final grade will be capped unless you have been notifiedat the time of your resit/resubmission result that you have been awarded an uncappedresit/resubmission. This means that if you are successful in your resit/resubmission, you willnot be awarded more than the minimum pass grade for this module.

This is the policy for OU. Yes they do cap grades!

You dont know its him and bh he says the institution he attends wont cap him, so you ahve to accept that, it cnat be OU. Notice from that bit it says you can be awarded an uncapped resit but i assume that would be for an exceptional reason.
You two have been malicious this whole time so thanks no thanks for your contributions. Everyone else is more than welcome :biggrin:

Ok just making sure we're on the same pg here.
Anyway I spoke to a financial advisor and according to where I go,
I get full coverage
if I register fulltime/for a certain # of classes/credits
the repeated course will be covered in, supposedly. I don't like the guy but he was my last hope. All I can do now is pray I can register for enough classes next time so that I can have the class I need to repeat included in the coverage ....

So you spoke to someone at your uni and gave them all the info they needed about you and your situation so they could then apply that to the rules of the instiution you are studying at. Like everyone was telling you to do and why.
You dont know its him and bh he says the institution he attends wont cap him, so you ahve to accept that, it cnat be OU. Notice from that bit it says you can be awarded an uncapped resit but i assume that would be for an exceptional reason.

Just because somebody says something, doesn't mean that i have to accept it? I am coming to the end of a five year sociology major degree. Please give me some credit!
It's not funny ang because that guy doesn't even know what he's talking about. :curious:

He's talking about some other guy he knows. He thought it was you but yes he doesn't know you.
Just because somebody says something, doesn't mean that i have to accept it? I am coming to the end of a five year sociology major degree. Please give me some credit!

Im not saying either way. You can go with your hunches. I was just bemused as to how he could explain the dilemma better to get a faster and more accurate response.
Just running down that line of the OU etc, then a capped resit really does you a lot of damage (depending on the marking system). Glad its his to deal with and not me.
Reply 95
So you spoke to someone at your uni and gave them all the info they needed about you and your situation so they could then apply that to the rules of the instiution you are studying at.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know you were there while I had the discussion to tell me what I said :curious:

Because that's actually NOT what happened.
I simply asked,
"If I retake a required class, do I have to pay for it?" I even went without my bags, it was that quick that he told me. You and John are just ridiculous with your little insults and reports, because you two arrogantly want me to do as you say, though you keep insisting you don't know anything :rofl:
Oh I'm sorry I didn't know you were there while I had the discussion to tell me what I said :curious:

Because that's actually NOT what happened.
I simply asked,
"If I retake a required class, do I have to pay for it?" I even went without my bags, it was that quick that he told me. You and John are just ridiculous with your little insults and reports, because you two arrogantly want me to do as you say, though you keep insisting you don't know anything :rofl:

You did speak to someone who knew the rules applicable to where you are studying. The thing people suggested would yield the answer you were looking for.

I have made several suggestions on how to get the answer you were looking for, but you are rather unreceptive. You then finally solve it by speaking to someone as suggested in the very beginning.
You did speak to someone who knew the rules applicable to where you are studying. The thing people suggested would yield the answer you were looking for.

I have made several suggestions on how to get the answer you were looking for, but you are rather unreceptive. You then finally solve it by speaking to someone as suggested in the very beginning.

exactly
Ignore 999tigger. So anyway, I won't have to pay to do the module again, generally speaking? Is it completely unheard of to pay to do a core module again? Or not?

Generally speaking - yes it is completely unheard of that a university will charge you to resit a single assessment.
Original post by Oilfreak1
Generally speaking - yes it is completely unheard of that a university will charge you to resit a single assessment.

However if you fail a year, and retake it, you will have to pay for that!

Latest