The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunni money
Wrong.

It doesn't look like 99.9-0.1% to me, the average in Europe is about 70-30%, and that gets (far) uglier in Muslim countries.

Your source is 9 years old. Attitudes change, and since then we've had the rise of ISIS, the Syrian Civil War, numerous attacks on western civilians.

I'd be very surprised if those figures are the same now.
Original post by Frank Underwood
I'm just saying that there are 1.5 billion Muslims on this planet, and evidently the vast majority of them do not want to kill you, otherwise you would have been killed long ago.

If Al-Qaeda or Islamic State founded a religion like Muhammad did, would that mean that Al-Qaeda and Islamic State would be no longer terrorist organisations, and Muhammad would no longer be a genocidal warlord responsible for the deaths of millions?
Original post by Onde
If Al-Qaeda or Islamic State founded a religion like Muhammad did, would that mean that Al-Qaeda and Islamic State would be no longer terrorist organisations, and Muhammad would no longer be a genocidal warlord responsible for the deaths of millions?

What are you blabbing on about?
I'm just saying that there are 1.5 billion Muslims on this planet, and evidently the vast majority of them do not want to kill you, otherwise you would have been killed long ago.

There are millions of white supremacists in Europe, evidently the vast majority of them do not want to kill, otherwise there would be no immigrants in Europe

Therefore white supremacy is fine, stop demonising white supremacists
Your source is 9 years old. Attitudes change, and since then we've had the rise of ISIS, the Syrian Civil War, numerous attacks on western civilians.

I'd be very surprised if those figures are the same now.

I hope you're sitting down, then. Here are the results of the 2013 poll:

You said it was 0.1% of Muslims, but this shows that it's about 50x higher than that in parts of Europe (roughly 5%). 7-40% in ME/NA.

Yeah, not seeing this 99.9% of Muslims that are opposed to killing civilians.
'wrong on every count again' - great explanation, I think you're the under 17 year old here, given that you can't formulate a basic counterargument without insulting me.

I am done wasting my time with you. You have continually and errantly thrown daggers at me from the off and each and every one i have swiftly dismissed all of which you have not even acknowledged.

I am not wasting time engaging with a kid who does not want an honest and fair discussion
there are 1.5 billion Muslims on this planet, and evidently the vast majority of them do not want to kill you.
hey, that's a huge relief

guess that tonight, we'll go out and celebrate

(we won't take the tube however : who knows what the minority will be up to...)

not really 75% of the world are non muslims and essentially have the vastly superior armed forces and arms. the islamic empire was arrested in its attempted expansions a few hundred years ago

the point he is making that you are missing is that a significant proportion if muslims are demonstrating ( via Pew research anyway) a propensity to jihadist and islamist groups and their ideology - the reason is that this ideolgy is fundamentally part of islam - so muslims like yourself that sypathise with it, can at some point develop into people like those involved in the belgium attacks
Original post by luminarychild
lmao please explain and I will be happy to assist you?

Well, I mean, the qur'an has passages condoned terrorist acts, and Muhammad and his followers have slaughtered rather a lot of people over the centuries. The first pillar of Islam says there is no god but Allah, and recognises Muhammad as its messenger, which would suggest that all Muslims support the actions of a terrorist god and a terrorist messenger.
Reply 729
Original post by HanSoloLuck
So you are saying that Islam calls for the destruction of our civilization.

Could the same not be said of basically every other major religion, as they all call for a theocracy.

It would seem they are, based on what you say and irrespective of their opinions on any issue, our de facto enemies by propagating this belief. How is it you can believe that they aren't all our enemies, yet believe this^^. I realise I have made a number of assumptions though.
In short, as an oversimplification; Islamic ideology is the enemy, as it calls for the physical and temporal subjugation of the world to Islam. (Other religions do not do this. At best, they call for a spiritual monopoly, and they do not insist on scriptural literal infallibility and universal application)

Muslims are not the enemy because they do not all explicitly call for this. Some do. They are the enemy.

However, all those who refuse to condemn or reject the ideology are complicit (albeit unwittingly) in the actions of the enemy.

BTW, I don't like using "enemy", but will in order to simplify my answer.
(edited 8 years ago)
I hope you're sitting down, then. Here are the results of the 2013 poll:

You said it was 0.1% of Muslims, but this shows that it's about 50x higher than that in parts of Europe (roughly 5%). 7-40% in ME/NA.

Yeah, not seeing this 99.9% of Muslims that are opposed to killing civilians.

You do realise that only shows the percentages who think bombings in defence of Islam is justified?

Come back when you've got a poll which says that x% of Muslims would personally do suicide bombings.

There's a difference between those who think its justified and those who would willingly do it.
Im muslim, and the media is soo against Islam, we need to do someting about the media
Reply 732
Original post by Slipandsquirm
Corruption and mischief are very vague terms though. Weren't Charlie Hebdo mischievous?

Posted from TSR Mobile
They were certainly guilty of "fasad" and "waging war", by Ibn Kathir's standard.
Original post by Reformed
not really 75% of the world are non muslims and essentially have the vastly superior armed forces and arms. the islamic empire was arrested in its attempted expansions a few hundred years ago

the point he is making that you are missing is that a significant proportion if muslims are demonstrating ( via Pew research anyway) a propensity to jihadist and islamist groups and their ideology - the reason is that this ideolgy is fundamentally part of islam - so muslims like yourself that sypathise with it, can at some point develop into people like those involved in the belgium attacks

You just said I was a Muslim, I can't really take your reply seriously. I am not going to argue with someone who makes up facts.
What are you blabbing on about?

There is no real difference in the atrocities committed by Al-Qaeda & Islamic State, and those committed or condoned by Muhammad. What is the difference between a terrorist organisation and a religion in your view? And does such a distinction even matter?
You do realise that only shows the percentages who think bombings in defence of Islam is justified?
Yes. Those supporting the bombing of civilians are no better than those that carry out the bombings.

I find it amazingly how you are just willing to brush off such sickening statistics.
Original post by Reformed
thats true, historically a caliph had to kill a lot of people before he was recognised as undisputed caliph ( , Mu‘awiyah for example). that is the islamic tradition, IS are very much in keeping with that

Well in previous Islamic tradition, the caliph was chosen through a process of consultation via the community (some consider an early form of Islamic democracy).

Wouldn't put my money on the community having any say in whether Al-Baghdadi was the true caliph.
Unless you include those who probably had a knife to their throat. :wink:
Yes. Those supporting the bombing of civilians are no better than those that carry out the bombings.

I find it amazingly how you are just willing to brush off such sickening statistics.

You're confusing statistics.

The people who think bombing in DEFENCE OF ISLAM is often justified compared to those who would willingly go out and kill people in suicide bombings are different statistics.

People have different interpretations of what 'defending Islam' is.
Original post by Judas69
Im muslim, and the media is soo against Islam, we need to do someting about the media

I personally think we should focus more on challenging ideologies that venerate the lives of genocidal warlords.
Original post by missfats
The people of Afghanistan and Iraq also thought of themselves as targets of the West.

Don't be so dramatic about how you feel like a target. People from 3rd world countries face the threat of terrorism and western intervention right at their doorstep every goddam day , just like you feel like that about isis.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Just because some people have misfortune doesnt mean everyone should have equal misfortune

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending