The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Frank Underwood
You do realise that only shows the percentages who think bombings in defence of Islam is justified?

Come back when you've got a poll which says that x% of Muslims would personally do suicide bombings.

There's a difference between those who think its justified and those who would willingly do it.

Supporting suicide bombings is fine then?

If 30% believe suicide bombing is justified, that is something to be concerned about.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 741
Original post by Racoon
All I can say back is that the God of my faith isn't recognisable in these events
"All I can say back is that my little boy isn't recognisable in these events" - Mrs Hitler
Original post by QE2
In short, as an oversimplification; Islamic ideology is the enemy, as it calls for the physical and temporal subjugation of the world to Islam. (Other religions do not do this. At best, they call for a spiritual monopoly, and they do not insist on scriptural literal infallibility and universal application)

Muslims are not the enemy because they do not all explicitly call for this. Some do. They are the enemy.

However, all those who refuse to condemn or reject the ideology are complicit (albeit unwittingly) in the actions of the enemy.

BTW, I don't like using "enemy", but will in order to simplify my answer.

This is how we shpuld be thinking . Islam is bad, like most ideologies. Muslims beleive in that ideology and hence support it. Islam needs to be removed, therefore Muslims either need to reform or abandon their religion or they arent welcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathemagicien
Supporting suicide bombings is fine then?

No. But it's sure as hell a lot better than wanting to go and commit suicide bombings.
You're confusing statistics.

The people who think bombing in DEFENCE OF ISLAM is often justified compared to those who would willingly go out and kill people in suicide bombings are different statistics.
You are repeating yourself.

I just told you that those that support killing civilians are just as bad as those that carry out the suicide bombings themselves. The fact that so many can be put in this category across the world is a huge cause for concern.
Original post by sunni money
Source?

Not targets of Saddam Hussein's vile dictatorship? Not targets of the Taliban's racism or Islamism?

The West never deliberately targeted/targets civilians. The West intervenes to help civilians abroad, and we get hatred from Taliban-apologists like you for our efforts.

Western intervention is no "threat", it is their only chance of salvation for many civilians in such hell-holes.

Most places that the West has step foot in has "become" hell holes not the other way around . It's funny how many British people complain about immigration but if you haven't ruined our countries, we would all be relaxing under the sun essentially.

Western intervention is no "threat "? I mean why am I arguing with a guy who properly was always pampered in the UK and has no real life experience of war and experience of seeing their own country go downhill.

Just Go watch more BBC, that's the only media outlet you have to fuel your ignorance.
You really are insulating the hundreds of thousands who have died through western intervention when you say you have essentially only just come to give us salvation. :mwuaha::mwuaha:

Calling me a taliban apologist lol.
If anyone had more hatred for isis and it's likes, it's people who are from countries where terrorism is rife.
Posted from TSR Mobile
You just said I was a Muslim, I can't really take your reply seriously. I am not going to argue with someone who makes up facts.

you told me you were muslim when you pretended to be an atheist who couldnt tell me they believe islamic doctrine to be bad . i was though referring to all apologists for these islamic groups, not just yourself

the stats are based on those you had quoted from Pew.
You are repeating yourself.

I just told you that those that support killing civilians are just as bad as those that carry out the suicide bombings themselves. The fact that so many can be put in this category across the world is a huge cause for concern.

But no one's saying anyone 'supports' bombings, all that your stupid poll suggests is that a small amount of Muslims think that bombings in the defence of Islam are sometimes or often justified.

Two different things.
Original post by Reformed
you told me you were muslim when you pretended to be an atheist who couldnt tell me they believe islamic doctrine to be bad . i was though referring to all apologists for these islamic groups, not just yourself

the stats are based on those you had quoted from Pew.

you're delusional, I did not say I was Muslim, ever.
Original post by Racoon
All I can say back is that the God of my faith isn't recognisable in these events and Christianity is growing.

Jesus condemns violence.

Didn't Samson carry out a suicide attack?

Didn't Jesus condone the doctrine of Damnation, the most evil and violent ideology ever devised?
You do realise that only shows the percentages who think bombings in defence of Islam is justified?

Come back when you've got a poll which says that x% of Muslims would personally do suicide bombings.

There's a difference between those who think its justified and those who would willingly do it.

Oh come on. Will you accept now that far more than 1% of muslims hold just as extreme views as ISIS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
322 Skull and bones.
Sacrifice of blood to Satan Hooray :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. But it's sure as hell a lot better than wanting to go and commit suicide bombings.

not by much- one is an enabler for another.
Same argumemts. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Guys its March the 22nd ! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 754
Original post by missfats
Still as obsessed with Islam as usual.

:ahee:
Would you mock the teacher who is obsessed with ignorance? Or the doctor obsessed with illness?

Did you have a point to make?

I notice that you have abandoned attempting to defend it here.
you're delusional, I did not say I was Muslim, ever.

so you do you believe the islamic doctrine to be a good thing or bad?

It could just mean they are opposed to the act of suicide, or that they don't have the courage of their convictions. It doesn't tell you how many would willing kill for their religion, by any means.
Yes. Those supporting the bombing of civilians are no better than those that carry out the bombings.

I find it amazingly how you are just willing to brush off such sickening statistics.

I thought the clear example of suicide bombings gave clear consequences. No running around semantics to escape what the surveys imply. Clearly, you can flip around anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
Most places that the West has step foot in has "become" hell holes not the other way around . It's funny how many British people complain about immigration but if you haven't ruined our countries, we would all be relaxing under the sun essentially.

This is so disgustingly wrong.

Post-intervention Afghanistan have had democratic elections, in which women voted. "The overall situation for Afghan women has improved in the last decade, particularly in the major urban areas".

Relaxing under the sun? Lol, what a joke.

Calling me a taliban apologist lol.
If anyone had more hatred for isis and it's likes, it's people who are from countries where terrorism is rife.

If nobody in such countries supported the Islamic State and such terror groups they wouldn't exist. Please use your brain.

But no one's saying anyone 'supports' bombings, all that your stupid poll suggests is that a small amount of Muslims think that bombings in the defence of Islam are sometimes or often justified.

Two different things.

Thinking bombings are justified is tantamount to supporting them.

This is next level terrorist-apologia!
Original post by Slipandsquirm
Oh come on. Will you accept now that far more than 1% of muslims hold just as extreme views as ISIS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is just stupid. You're assuming that one poll which shows that a small amount of Muslims think that suicide bombings in the defence of Islam is often justified is EVEN COMPARABLE to having equally as extreme views as ISIS.

This is just idiocy, stop replying to me. You think one tiny poll which asked one question definitely tells us that some 62 million Muslims are as extreme as ISIS.

Latest

Trending

Trending