The Student Room Group

How can I tell if a flirty guy likes me?

So it was lust at first sight. We got introduced by my boss at work, and my heart started racing like mad. We became colleagues and due to the nature of the job, we spent a lot of one-to-one time together. He seemed really interested in talking to me, asking me if I had a boyfriend, my background, family, religion etc and we had a fair bit in common. He'd say he'd be bored when I leave (my shift always finished before his). It felt like the first time in a long time where I really clicked with a guy.
Two weeks later however a former colleague of his came in (female, pretty) and he said to me "Oh she used to fancy me". This girl was giggling (it was clear she still did) and he said "We should catch up some time over lunch". I'm thinking he's just a flirt now, idk.
I left the company recently, and he texted me saying we should catch up, but I don't know if we could ever be more. What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No-one? :erm:
Wrong time to post this hence the no-one.

Perhaps he is a flirt. So what? Why do you expect him to know whether he wants to marry you just from a few chats at work?

The only way you can find out whether you ought to see him as relationship material or him you as such is to go on some dates with him.

Accept the offer and damn well catch up with him. Tell him you enjoyed catching up with him if you do end up enjoying such and offer a second date yourself.

Go from there.

You need to cease the opportunity or it will just pass.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
No-one? :erm:

Are you from the UK? Only people awake right now are those who have given up on sleep, I am in absolutely no position to be giving rational advice.
Reply 4
Original post by whorace
Are you from the UK? Only people awake right now are those who have given up on sleep, I am in absolutely no position to be giving rational advice.

I am from the UK. Honestly I just saw people replying to other mundane threads at that time in the morning that I thought why not this one...
Reply 5
Seems like the type who has a lot of affairs if you ask me
Reply 6
Yeah. Go out with him so you can answer your question. Don't use your feelings for this one immediately. Observe first.
Original post by ikhan94
Seems like the type who has a lot of affairs if you ask me

What sort of evidence do you have for this?
Reply 8
Original post by ellej93
Yeah. Go out with him so you can answer your question. Don't use your feelings for this one immediately. Observe first.

I will, but you know how they say "love is blind"... I don't want to fall into a trap I can't get out of, y'know.
Reply 9
bump
he is or he isnt. If you are interested and dont go then you will never find out either way.
I definitely think you should go for it! You don't want to lose your chance then always wish you had. I can totally understand your hesitance as you don't want to put yourself out there and then get hurt, by sometimes you've got to take the risk. If he likes you, then don't even worry about that girl that fancies him, she doesn't matter. If he kept seeing the both of you after things got serious, then that would be a problem, but cross that bridge when (and if) you come to it. A lot of male and female colleagues meet for lunch, it may be nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tinkerbelle2
I definitely think you should go for it! You don't want to lose your chance then always wish you had. I can totally understand your hesitance as you don't want to put yourself out there and then get hurt, by sometimes you've got to take the risk. If he likes you, then don't even worry about that girl that fancies him, she doesn't matter. If he kept seeing the both of you after things got serious, then that would be a problem, but cross that bridge when (and if) you come to it. A lot of male and female colleagues meet for lunch, it may be nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's really a date we're going on to be fair. It just sucks because I like him so much and wish he had asked me out on a proper date. I guess I can only know one way, and that's to meet with him you're right.
From my deep knowledge of the male psyche I can tell that he does not like you. But I like you! How about we meet up sometime?
Original post by NotAPaedo
From my deep knowledge of the male psyche I can tell that he does not like you. But I like you! How about we meet up sometime?

Why do you think he doesn't like me - just so I can know in the future
If he's flirting he likes you.
he likes u
Original post by GettingitDone
If he's flirting he likes you.

Even if he asks other girls out to lunch infront of me?
Original post by Anonymous
Even if he asks other girls out to lunch infront of me?

He's keeping his options open. Smart lad if you ask me.
Stay away from flirty guys. They're the worst ones. Such *******s!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending