The Student Room Group

Electing a leader and getting things set up

Evening
Just thinking we should get this going . Can I suggest that we start by writing a group constitution , we elect a group president and co president and perhaps a chairman role and spokespeople for various aspects of policy ?
What do we think ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hazzer1998
Evening
Just thinking we should get this going . Can I suggest that we start by writing a group constitution , we elect a group president and co president and perhaps a chairman role and spokespeople for various aspects of policy ?
What do we think ?

Yes, as the MEU comes even closer to a formal opening (which could even be in a few days), we need to start making preparations now.
Evening
What do we think ?

A group constitution is a good idea(I'll write it if you like), spokespeople is a good idea, elections are a bad idea until we have a subforum.
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
A group constitution is a good idea(I'll write it if you like), spokespeople is a good idea, elections are a bad idea until we have a subforum.

I would personally like Home affairs spokesman. And yes I argee about elections
I would personally like Home affairs spokesman. And yes I argee about elections

I plan on standing when there is a leadership election (which, by the way, needs to follow a membership drive as well) but if not elected I'd like International Affairs/whatever it's going to be called.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I plan on standing when there is a leadership election (which, by the way, needs to follow a membership drive as well) but if not elected I'd like International Affairs/whatever it's going to be called.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would like to have some role in the party, but not leader though.
Go for writing a party/ grouping constitution; and happily work out amongst yourselves who you would like to be in charge, but official leadership elections will happen in the very near future when we get private subs!
Original post by adam9317
Go for writing a party/ grouping constitution; and happily work out amongst yourselves who you would like to be in charge, but official leadership elections will happen in the very near future when we get private subs!

Do you think we should have a mini-poll to decide on the temporary leader?
Original post by Quamquam123

Its upto yous to decide how yous run it, if you and @hazzer1998 and @cranbrook_aspie would prefer that, I will run a poll for a temporary leader; under the condition it is only a temporary measure [However following a leadership election, they may be elected permanently]
Its upto yous to decide how yous run it, if you and @hazzer1998 and @cranbrook_aspie would prefer that, I will run a poll for a temporary leader; under the condition it is only a temporary measure [However following a leadership election, they may be elected permanently]

I'm not intending on running but if anyone in the party thinks we should have a mini-election, I think it be a good thing to do.
Sounds good

I don't feel any sort of poll is a good idea at all until we have a private subforum. The votes would obviously need to be private to avoid personal sniping taking place so early in the formation of the party, and because of that we would then need to find a mod or CT to go through the process of removing those of anyone who wasn't a member of the party. To say nothing of the fact that we only have 4 members. If @hazzer1998 or @JoeL1994 wanted to be contact then I would of course step aside.
I don't feel any sort of poll is a good idea at all until we have a private subforum. The votes would obviously need to be private to avoid personal sniping taking place so early in the formation of the party, and because of that we would then need to find a mod or CT to go through the process of removing those of anyone who wasn't a member of the party. To say nothing of the fact that we only have 4 members. If @hazzer1998 or @JoeL1994 wanted to be contact then I would of course step aside.

I understand what you mean, and initially thats why I have said no leadership election until we get the private forums.

I think the best way of going forward is having members who are contacts, as realistically you don't need a leader at this time!
I understand what you mean, and initially thats why I have said no leadership election until we get the private forums.

I think the best way of going forward is having members who are contacts, as realistically you don't need a leader at this time!

Exactly.

Yes, perhaps that is the best thing to do. Once the subforums turn private, the MEU will be on course to opening. It is a very exciting time. :smile:
Yes, perhaps that is the best thing to do. Once the subforums turn private, the MEU will be on course to opening. It is a very exciting time. :smile:

Indeed. This is one European Union that I want to see succeed. By the looks of things the other parties are going to need a bit of a kick up the proverbial though:lol:
Indeed. This is one European Union that I want to see succeed. By the looks of things the other parties are going to need a bit of a kick up the proverbial though:lol:

Yes, but with a good publicity campaign, we should be able to attract many more people.
Yes, but with a good publicity campaign, we should be able to attract many more people.

JOIN THE MEU EVERYBODY:biggrin: :wavingtheflag:
JOIN THE MEU EVERYBODY:biggrin: :wavingtheflag:

A message regarding exactly this incoming...
A message regarding exactly this incoming...

Wait a minute, think my inbox is full :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending