The Student Room Group

What should I do?

So I'm in a very confusing situation. There is a guy who I like and have liked for about a year now and I'm not certain how he feels. I know he did like me in the past although he never acted on it apart from telling his friend which led to me finding out. He still sometimes acts like he likes me, like when ever we are in class together we look at eachother and I feel like there might be something between us however he has never tried to talk to me in person. When he is around me he also seems kinda nervous like he fidgets a lot but idk if that means anything. Should I tell him how I feel or should I just accept that he can't be all that keen if he hasn't made a move in the last 18 months?
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm in a very confusing situation. There is a guy who I like and have liked for about a year now and I'm not certain how he feels. I know he did like me in the past although he never acted on it apart from telling his friend which led to me finding out. He still sometimes acts like he likes me, like when ever we are in class together we look at eachother and I feel like there might be something between us however he has never tried to talk to me in person. When he is around me he also seems kinda nervous like he fidgets a lot but idk if that means anything. Should I tell him how I feel or should I just accept that he can't be all that keen if he hasn't made a move in the last 18 months?

Have you made a thread about this before? :K:

Say hi, see how it goes, see if there is any chemistry there.
What's the harm in finding out?
i liked a boy for two years i was so shy i could never speak to him properly and at the end of the 2 years he just thought i was a weirdo
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
Have you made a thread about this before? :K:

Say hi, see how it goes, see if there is any chemistry there.

Nope first thread about this. :smile:
The thing is I will only see him a couple more times before summer and I'm not sure how quickly I would be able to tell if there is anything there.
Reply 5
Original post by BristolFresher15
What's the harm in finding out?

So you think I should just ask him out?
Nope first thread about this. :smile:
The thing is I will only see him a couple more times before summer and I'm not sure how quickly I would be able to tell if there is anything there.

Then you are not alone :tongue:

:dontknow: I would just go for it anyway. If you just talk to him and things go well, who knows, you might see him in the summer if you're not jetting off somewhere.
So you think I should just ask him out?

Yes. Or at least tell him how you feel. If there isn't anything there then so be it, but no point missing the opportunity.
Reply 8
Original post by BristolFresher15
Yes. Or at least tell him how you feel. If there isn't anything there then so be it, but no point missing the opportunity.

Yeah I suppose it would be a bit of a waste if we both liked each other but neither did anything!
Reply 9
I find when you tell someone how you feel it kind of puts the whole mystery in a situation to bed. I liked a girl once, told her, she didnt respond that well, and I was over her within a day or so just because i got it off my chest.... Id tell myself of the past just to 'go for it' more often too. cannot count the amount of times where I had held back and wished I hadnt.

Just dont be like 'OMG I LIKE YOU SO MUCH...'

Just try strike up a relaxed/chilled/no pressure conversation...and see what happens. If hes nervous and acts weird, give him another chance the next time you see him!
Original post by wh1990
I find when you tell someone how you feel it kind of puts the whole mystery in a situation to bed. I liked a girl once, told her, she didnt respond that well, and I was over her within a day or so just because i got it off my chest.... Id tell myself of the past just to 'go for it' more often too. cannot count the amount of times where I had held back and wished I hadnt.

Just dont be like 'OMG I LIKE YOU SO MUCH...'

Just try strike up a relaxed/chilled/no pressure conversation...and see what happens. If hes nervous and acts weird, give him another chance the next time you see him!

Okay I see what you mean. I feel like it's come to a point where I need to tell him how I feel because I can't seem to get over him because of the uncertainty of whether he might still like me. I definitely won't be all gushing like you said that would be way to much I would defos be more casual.
Reply 11
Okay I see what you mean. I feel like it's come to a point where I need to tell him how I feel because I can't seem to get over him because of the uncertainty of whether he might still like me. I definitely won't be all gushing like you said that would be way to much I would defos be more casual.

Then crack on mate, get it out in the open. you will be stronger for it no matter which way it goes :headbang:
Original post by wh1990
Then crack on mate, get it out in the open. you will be stronger for it no matter which way it goes :headbang:

Ok! Thanks for your advice I'm just anxious that I'm reading the situation totally wrong but I guess I'll never know if I don't try. Fingers crossed it goes well.
Reply 13
Ok! Thanks for your advice I'm just anxious that I'm reading the situation totally wrong but I guess I'll never know if I don't try. Fingers crossed it goes well.

report your findings back!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending