The Student Room Group

Anyone else in London scared to use public transport now?

Brussells attacks reminded me of London 7/7 attacks. The terrorists typically target busy public transport & transport hubs, and typically at rush hour.

Was looking at the map of where the 7/7 attacks hit (below), and chit myself when I realised if they hit in the same places again I would likely be dead.

God damn ISIS, cant even travel to work now without being in total fear.

Scroll to see replies

They wouldnt attack the same areas again tbf
But i aint scared
Just more weary of where i go :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by toonervoustotalk
They wouldnt attack the same areas again tbf
But i aint scared
Just more weary of where i go :smile:

Well probably not the exact same places, but they target the busiest areas, and at rush hour, the busiest area at that time being the area between Oxford Circus and Liverpool Street.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Multiculturalism
Embrace other cultures! Have hope, not fear! Love trumps hate!

Read that as "Love Donald Trump's hate"....and tbh, actually starting to think Trump may have been right about the whole muslim issue
Original post by Gucci Mane.
Well probably not the exact same places, but they target the busiest areas, and at rush hour, that's typically the area between Oxford Circus and Liverpool Street.

Hmm so central line is ****** essentially
Yes I am scared. :frown:
Reply 6
Why the hell would i be scared to use public transport I'm not retarded
You will no doubt have to be more cautious; but you can not live your life in fear. They want you to live in fear- but you can't!
Just have to be vigilant and hope for the best
Reply 9
I think this is actually the safest time right now, because no terrorist would waste the effort attempting an attack now when every country is on red alert and security is so high.

So instead they wait for us to forget about it and let our guards down and that's when they strike again.
Not really,just abit more cautious.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Hmm so central line is ****** essentially

Central line is a war zone during rush hour
s/o to the spineless crew. Your time.
Original post by queen-bee
Central line is a war zone during rush hour

Omg it so is
Tfw your head is in someones armpit on a hot summers day
Everyone was saying this after the paris attacks and there were no attacks on London after that. Obviously be cautious but don't let it affect your life too much.
Original post by Jenx301
Everyone was saying this after the paris attacks and there were no attacks on London after that. Obviously be cautious but don't let it affect your life too much.

Ofc they wont attack now. They will wait until we've let our guards down again.
Ofc they wont attack now. They will wait until we've let our guards down again.

Who is the 'we' in 'we've'? Because if you think GCHQ and the rest of the security services ever let their guard down then you are some kind of simpleton.

Your cowardice is shameful and serves no purpose. Grow up.
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Who is the 'we' in 'we've'? Because if you think GCHQ and the rest of the security services ever let their guard down then you are some kind of simpleton.

Your cowardice is shameful and serves no purpose. Grow up.

Your need to belittle others to feel good about yourself is what's immature.
Kinda.
Reply 19
Brussells attacks reminded me of London 7/7 attacks. The terrorists typically target busy public transport & transport hubs, and typically at rush hour.

Was looking at the map of where the 7/7 attacks hit (below), and chit myself when I realised if they hit in the same places again I would likely be dead.

God damn ISIS, cant even travel to work now without being in total fear.

I'm going up to Manchester soon, have to take the northern line to Euston and as it's a very deep line it makes me quite nervous:') But all is fine as long as you are cautious and know your surroundings you'll be fine, if something does happen then just make sure you're safe:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest