The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Frank Underwood
And this folks is why terrorism still occurs - because it works. You have successfully been traumatised into hating Islam, which is exactly what the terrorists want to do.

I see you've run out of actual arguments then.
You do realise that only shows the percentages who think bombings in defence of Islam is justified?

Come back when you've got a poll which says that x% of Muslims would personally do suicide bombings.

There's a difference between those who think its justified and those who would willingly do it.

Not much of a difference. Both deserve vitriol and scorn.
Reply 862
Original post by Fullofsurprises
My Dad was working today in the European Quarter in Brussels. (Close to the centre.) He's now walked back to his hotel a few miles. The streets are quiet he says, but thousands walking home or to friends. Lots of emergency, police and military vehicles racing around and numerous helicopters but absolutely no aircraft of any other kind. (Government has stopped all flights over the city.) Mobiles are intermittently back on.

He says people at work were dazed and shocked and desperate for news, which has been slowly building. There are reports of many raids across the city going round by rumour, but authorities not commenting on most. Friends were also getting messages about more raids in Paris and also Germany.

Everyone there devastated but he says there's a wave of friendliness going around. People stop in the street to check strangers are feeling OK. People are offering accommodation to those trapped unable to get home. People are giving blood. Shops are handing out bottled water to people feeling bad.

This will keep happening. What will it take for your ilk to change their views?
Original post by NickLCFC
I see you've run out of actual arguments then.

No I've run out of will to argue with someone like you who ignores everything I write.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Not much of a difference. Both deserve vitriol and scorn.

It is views like this which no doubt contribute towards anti-west radicalisation.

I think that seeing ISIS as favourable is not worrying

:troll:

They [Muslims in Muslim countries] don't have to have been interfered directly by them [USA] to hate them.

I know, right?
Original post by Betelgeuse-
I have spammed nothing. I have not made an ignorant or sarcastic comment. I made two analogies that I would hope even someone like you could comprehend

You want me to solve the divisions in Islam lmfao.. I am not GOD - I simply want people to understand the truth behind these attacks which is that they would not come about without Islam. Its THAT SIMPLE

Ironically it appears to be the made-up Islamic God that is the cause of these problems in the first place.
It is views like this which no doubt contribute towards anti-west radicalisation.

I doubt it contributes that much. People who look for excuses to endorse or act upon anti-west radicalisation will use any excuse, any. Also, there is nothing wrong with pouring scorn upon those who justify it as much as those who act upon it. Both are hateful extremists in their own way, both represent the cancer that is religious extremism.
I'm not apologising,

You are an apologist.

Having a favourable view of ISIS is not equivalent to supporting ISIS.

Having a favourable view of ISIS means that you see ISIS as good.

You just contradicted yourself, well done.
(edited 8 years ago)
I just told you one of the conditions -_-

Remind me? I must have missed it

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are an apologist.

You just contradicted yourself, well done.

Nope.

Seeing ISIS as good does not equate to supporting ISIS, how stupid can you get? :facepalm:

For example, I like Jeremy Corbyn because of his honesty and consistency, but I don't support him because there are many things I disagree with him on.

Things aren't one dimensional, kiddo.
Original post by Judas69
Im muslim, and the media is soo against Islam, we need to do someting about the media

Not at all, if anything the media is always trying to downplay the involvement of Islam in terrorist attacks.
Nope.

Seeing ISIS as good does not equate to supporting ISIS, how stupid can you get? :facepalm:

For example, I like Jeremy Corbyn because of his honesty and consistency, but I don't support him because there are many things I disagree with him on.

Look cupcake, if you have a favourable view of ISIS and you think it's good, that is basically supporting them. And anyone who supports them, favours them, or sees them as good deserves to be called out for it and identified. They deserve everything they get.
To take the conversation away from Islam, which has become irrelevant atm, where does Belgium and Europeans (inc Muslims) go from here?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Judas69
I really want to attack some mosques in revenge. I know someone who throw a pigs head into a mosque lol

That is not the way forward... :erm:
Look cupcake, if you have a favourable view of ISIS and you think it's good, that is basically supporting them. And anyone who supports them, favours them, or sees them as good deserves to be called out for it and identified. They deserve everything they get.

Supporting them ranges from spreading their message, to sending them money, to recruiting for them, to joining them and to killing in their name.

If supporting ISIS is classified as 'having a favourable opinion of them', then you might as well just have a favourable opinion of me ignoring your idiocy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Judas69
I really want to attack some mosques in revenge. I know someone who throw a pigs head into a mosque lol

Before you do I suggest you head down local police station and hand your details and your friends details in. No point in having the police waste tax pays money on morons like you.

Nope.

Is Jeremy Corbyn committing a genocide

By any stretch of the imagination, no.

Is Isis committing genocide.

Yes, yes they are.

Does Jeremy Corbyn support an enforced social law of extreme sexism and extreme ideological supremacy no

Does Isis
Yes, yes they do.

I would say it's co paring apples and oranges but that implies that there is some similarity to justify your ludicrous comparison.

Do you really think anyone supports Isis for their honesty and integrity. I mean they are pretty blunt about the things they do.

Question do you admire Isis for their honesty and integrity.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by chemting
To take the conversation away from Islam, which has become irrelevant atm, where does Belgium and Europeans (inc Muslims) go from here?

beef up security - and intelligence powers - high level strategy on tackling islamic radicalisation and ideologies - deep scrutnisation/monitoring of islamic communities, deep cover agents to be planted withing islamic cells, mosques islamic centres etc.
intelligience gathering and pre-emptive action is the only thing anyone can do against terrorism that breeds within a community. we are not donald trump

You are an apologist for evil, you are an apologist for Islam.
Supporting them ranges from spreading their message, to sending them money, to recruiting for them, to joining them and to killing in their name.

If supporting ISIS is classified as 'having a favourable opinion of them', then you might as well just have a favourable opinion of me ignoring your idiocy.

Speaking in favour of them is supporting them, period, because you are speaking favourably about them and you hold the opinion that their actions and beliefs are positive. You are finding ways to justify their actions rather than condemning them. Have you gotten that through your thick skull yet cupcake? Or do I need to find another way to spell it out to you.

Latest

Trending

Trending