The Student Room Group

Can we all reflect on all the good things Islam does for the world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GailQ
Are you serious? That is a disgusting thing to say.

hes got a warped view...who cares about the victim, lets care about the murderers and feel sorry for them..
Reply 21
Original post by Yisithegr8
still waiting to hear of one thing that Islam have contributed to society???

Respect for women. It rejects the objectification of Western countries, treating its women like sex objects.
Original post by KingBradly
Respect for women. It rejects the objectification of Western countries, treating its women like sex objects.

https://shariaunveiled.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/muslim-women-in-burqas-3.jpg

ermmmm.
There are a ton of Christian terrorist who have done worst in the past yet you don't hear about it on the news, but when a bunch of Muslims blow a building its all over the place ? I'm Muslim and proud, Islam is a wonderful and peaceful religion; but there are those (terrorists) who misinterpret /misjudge the quran making them believe that it is okay too kill people. It is a MASSIVE sin too kill someone in Islam, that should tell you something.
Original post by Multiculturalism
No

We must show them the error of their ways. Everyone wants love, even terrorists!

Love is the best weapon of all!

love is the strongest emotion but it is not a weapon.
the love they want is love of 'god' and they achieve that by killing as many non-muslims as possible.
no possible solution to this apart from killing 'em all
I got knocked down on my bike, hit my head really bad. I was in hospital for a while, on a lot of painkillers, and I wasn't able to concentrate. I had to stop reading all that crap written by so called "intellectuals" and instead focused on my Facebook newsfeed and tumbler. It made me realise how wrong I was.

You're definitely being sarcastic
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
There are a ton of Christian terrorist who have done worst in the past yet you don't hear about it on the news, but when a bunch of Muslims blow a building its all over the place ? I'm Muslim and proud, Islam is a wonderful and peaceful religion; but there are those (terrorists) who misinterpret /misjudge the quran making them believe that it is okay too kill people. It is a MASSIVE sin too kill someone in Islam, that should tell you something.

do u condemn the terrorists?
do u condemn the terrorists?

States in the Quran that violence to innocent civilians is unacceptable in any way and for any reason.
States in the Quran that violence to innocent civilians is unacceptable in any way and for any reason.

so do you condemn them?
I'll post some good things about muslims/Islam then to start this thread of:

1. They donate a lot of money to charity.
2. A good muslim reports a suspicious muslim, and this is something that helps keep all of us safe.

I'll add in more when I think of them.
. It is a MASSIVE sin too kill someone in Islam, that should tell you something.

As it is in christianity, that didnt stop the crusades though.
Reply 31
ermmmmm.....the fact that this list is blank is proving something.....:colondollar:

the pakistani shop near is is owned by a muslim. that says it all
Original post by Keyhofi
I'll post some good things about muslims/Islam then to start this thread of:

1. They donate a lot of money to charity.
2. A good muslim reports a suspicious muslim, and this is something that helps keep all of us safe.

I'll add in more when I think of them.

please bring proof to 1), and even if they do, its nothing special that within a religion some people give charity.
i do not believe 2 is correct, if it were true, there would be hardly any terrorism

>Islam
>Respect for women

Pick one.
Original post by arsan1
the pakistani shop near is is owned by a muslim. that says it all

thats definitely the answer to
''Can we all reflect on all the good things Islam does for the world?'':^_^:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Abstract_Prism
>Islam
>Respect for women

Pick one.

perfect:clap2::clap2::clap2::giggle::giggle:
Reply 36

But they aren't misinterpreting it are they? They are killing directly in the name of Islam. This isn't happening in Europe with any other religion, it's only Islam. The problem is fundamental Islam which is wholly incompatible with European Civilisation that is centred around equality, democracy, human rights, personal freedom and fairness instead of the brutal, barbaric society that has existed in the Middle East since the end of the Islamic Golden Age about 800 years ago.

'Modern Islam' remains as backwards and degenerate as it was hundreds of years ago whereas other religions have since evolved, abandoning concepts such as gender segregation and the notions of blasphemy and apostasy.

What even are the 'good things' Islam has done for the world exactly?
There are a ton of Christian terrorist who have done worst in the past yet you don't hear about it on the newsQUOTE]

News

news (no͞oz, nyo͞oz)pl.n. (used with a sing. verb)

1. a. Information about recent events or happenings, especially as reported by means of newspapers, websites, radio, television, and other forms of media.
b. A presentation of such information, as in a newspaper or on a newscast: watched the evening news.

2. New information of any kind: The requirement was news to him.

3. Newsworthy material: "a public figure on a scale unimaginable in America; whatever he did was news" (James Atlas).
[QUOTE="BaconandSauce;63592615"]
There are a ton of Christian terrorist who have done worst in the past yet you don't hear about it on the newsQUOTE]

News

news (no͞oz, nyo͞oz)pl.n. (used with a sing. verb)

1. a. Information about recent events or happenings, especially as reported by means of newspapers, websites, radio, television, and other forms of media.
b. A presentation of such information, as in a newspaper or on a newscast: watched the evening news.

2. New information of any kind: The requirement was news to him.

3. Newsworthy material: "a public figure on a scale unimaginable in America; whatever he did was news" (James Atlas).

okay,,,, but whats ur point?
Original post by Abstract_Prism
>Islam
>Respect for women

Pick one.

Can we please respect other cultures? Islam is not oppressive towards women, they simply treat them differently, but as equals in Allah's eyes. I'm not a Muslim myself, but I think they deserve our utmost respect, especially considering how hard it must be being a Muslim these days.

Peace <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending