The Student Room Group

General knowledge i guess??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by undercxver
I'm guessing you didn't see the spoiler in my reply to the OP's question. Also, in a GCSE Religious Studies question like this you have to answer in the format of three reasons for and 3 against with a conclusion. :h:Quotes form the Bible can be interpreted in various ways, which is why some Christians may oppose other Christian views. I'm not saying these interpretations are right or wrong, it's just what many Christians believe.

Sorry, I guess you're right. Thanks. :smile:
Original post by 999tigger
Its a long ime ago since I did this subject and the syllabus has completely changed. Id have talked about christian organisations like charities and talked about what they did to encourage people to farm properly, promote self sustaing projects , birth control etc

the anty stuff is easy becayse you point at waste and how even though the bible says things doesnt mean they stick to it.

however undercoverx appraoch is correct and it will be familiar with the OP as thats what they teach. Its a the bible teaches about the environment so lets assume christians follow this..... which is a hard sell.

OP
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/rs/environment/chstewardshiprev1.shtml

Thanks, I like that link. I'll use it for revision. :smile:
So for instance

Pope Benedict XV1, 2007, said:
Care of water resources and attention to climate change are matters of grave importance for the entire human family.

How eco friendly are they. Its ok saying save water, but then if you waste masses or take lots of jet flights an have loads of cars thatsnot environmentally friendly.
If the buble thing is what they wnat though then thats what you give them.
Original post by Just4Now
I'm treating this as a 3 mark question. This is just a possible answer; it's not necessarily my own opinion.

I agree that Christians do enough for the environment because many Christians recycle every day, which reduces the release of greenhouse gases, reducing the contribution to global warming.
Some may disagree with me because many Christians can't be bothered to recycle as it may seem like a waste of time. Therefore, people should be more caring and responsible. Another argument may be that many Christians aren't even aware of the problems being faced by the planet, such as climate change and species endangerment.

I hope this helps. I'm quite unsure about it myself.

Yh i agree i doesnt make much sense
but your answer does thank you
Original post by 999tigger
So for instance

Pope Benedict XV1, 2007, said:
Care of water resources and attention to climate change are matters of grave importance for the entire human family.

How eco friendly are they. Its ok saying save water, but then if you waste masses or take lots of jet flights an have loads of cars thatsnot environmentally friendly.
If the buble thing is what they wnat though then thats what you give them.

I'll use this it seems legit it has a backup to my statement thank you
Original post by NeedsHelpalot
Yh i agree i doesnt make much sense
but your answer does thank you

Glad I could help. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest