The Student Room Group

How to tell someone you like them ?!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KissMyAbs
I get you're afraid of dating but no need to tell other people not to try it. Let them have a chance at being happy. In the mean time think about how you can improve youself so maybe a guy will date you.

i'm afraid of dating?:s-smilie: omg stop assuming
OP asked for an opinion, i gave her one that has nothing to do with you
you give your opinion and OP can decide whatever they want
lol maybe you need to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror, if your head fits in, and tell yourself to come back down to earth.
Original post by Ishea16
i'm afraid of dating?:s-smilie: omg stop assuming
OP asked for an opinion, i gave her one that has nothing to do with you
you give your opinion and OP can decide whatever they want
lol maybe you need to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror, if your head fits in, and tell yourself to come back down to earth.

With a body as aesthetically pleasing as mine don't you think that I already look at myself in the mirror a lot??

Thanks for saying I'm an angel and need to some back down to Earth to spread my greatness.
Reply 42
With a body as aesthetically pleasing as mine don't you think that I already look at myself in the mirror a lot??

Thanks for saying I'm an angel and need to some back down to Earth to spread my greatness.

Sounds a bit gay and vain to be honest.
Original post by whorace

I am vain, but not gay.
Reply 44
I am vain, but not gay.

Yet you base your value on 'aesthetic' male figure. If you're not gay why do you like men's bodys so much? Muscle is good, vanity and 'aesthetic' obsession is a symptom of low self esteem or homosexuality, not that there's anything wrong with the latter.
Original post by whorace

finally, some civilised people!!!!

maybe you should go and love yourself:teehee:
Original post by whorace
Yet you base your value on 'aesthetic' male figure. If you're not gay why do you like men's bodys so much? Muscle is good, vanity and 'aesthetic' obsession is a symptom of low self esteem or homosexuality, not that there's anything wrong with the latter.

I like my body because it attracts women easily. It's not obsession it's dedication to health and fitness.
Original post by Ishea16
maybe you should go and love yourself:teehee:

I do love myself. You should love yourself too and if you don't then think why and how you can improve.
I like you. :teeth:

Really, really like you. :teeth::teeth::teeth:
I do love myself. You should love yourself too and if you don't then think why and how you can improve.

assumptions again:rolleyes:
Original post by Ishea16
assumptions again:rolleyes:

'If' - not an assumption :biggrin:
Reply 53
I like my body because it attracts women easily. It's not obsession it's dedication to health and fitness.

Gaining muscle and strength is a dedication to health and fitness. Admiring your own body is a dedication to desperation. If what you say is true then let the women do it for you, there's no need to show off. I'm not saying you shouldn't be proud of the effort you have put in to get that figure, it's not easy to do and takes a lot of discipline; but don't ruin it by being just another vain idiot. What happened to the strong silent type who lived for himself not for women and health?
'If' - not an assumption :biggrin:

hypothetical then:rolleyes: if you want to play that way
that moment when critical thinking comes handy :ahee:
Original post by whorace
Gaining muscle and strength is a dedication to health and fitness. Admiring your own body is a dedication to desperation. If what you say is true then let the women do it for you, there's no need to show off. I'm not saying you shouldn't be proud of the effort you have put in to get that figure, it's not easy to do and takes a lot of discipline; but don't ruin it by being just another vain idiot. What happened to the strong silent type who lived for himself not for women and health?

I constantly review my body to see where my weakness are, I always try to keep a positive view of myself, this helps me keep getting better and better. If you trained 2 hours a day 6 days a week you would realise this. I also have received help and advice from people in my gym who are partially to thank for what I have and so I admire what they have helped me become, there's nothing wrong with that.

Im generally very humble in real life and don't show off or put others down. I have a different persona online and flaunt my body a lot more.
Original post by Ishea16
hypothetical then:rolleyes: if you want to play that way
that moment when critical thinking comes handy :ahee:

Nope, you were just wrong. Plain and simple.
Reply 57
I constantly review my body to see where my weakness are, I always try to keep a positive view of myself, this helps me keep getting better and better. If you trained 2 hours a day 6 days a week you would realise this..

I'm actually a damn good rower in real life so don't pretend you have a monopoly on exercise, I understand the pain of hard work well enough thank you. Since you claim to be open to reviewing yourself, which I do actually admire, you could start by not being a dick to other people because you have a better body, isn't this the very opposite of what bodybuilding and masculinity is about? I thought men led by example not entitlement.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by whorace
I'm actually a damn good rower in real life so don't pretend you have a monopoly on exercise, I understand the pain of hard work well enough thank you. Since you claim to be open to reviewing yourself, which I do actually admire, you could start by not being a dick to other people because you have a better body, isn't this the very opposite of what bodybuilding and masculinity is about? I thought men led by example not entitlement.

My exercise is very different from yours and leads to very different things.

I was talking about reviewing my body, not my attitude. I may not have a better body than many people on here.

Bodybuilding is all about having a better body than other people, as I said, this is purely my online persona, which I choose to be very different from my 'real life' attitude.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending