The Student Room Group

Can we all reflect on all the good things Islam does for the world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Multiculturalism
Can we please respect other cultures? Islam is not oppressive towards women, they simply treat them differently, but as equals in Allah's eyes. I'm not a Muslim myself, but I think they deserve our utmost respect, especially considering how hard it must be being a Muslim these days.

Peace <3

why should i respect them.
should one respect terrorists?? they are human too no?
Original post by KingBradly
Respect for women. It rejects the objectification of Western countries, treating its women like sex objects.

Indeed, you could argue that it is the West that oppresses women, not Islam. You can see this with the wage gap, for example

Peace <3
Original post by Multiculturalism
Indeed, you could argue that it is the West that oppresses women, not Islam. You can see this with the wage gap, for example

Peace <3

western society is how it is because of 100's of years of evolution and still has work to do.
but islams laws of many wives and no women's rights etc are wrong and something needs to be done.
what people need is humanity, religion, race, culture aside, people need to start accepting social differences and getting along with each other. But it is difficult when you have a counter productive media and goverments.
Original post by iceberger
what people need is humanity, religion, race, culture aside, people need to start accepting social differences and getting along with each other. But it is difficult when you have a counter productive media and goverments.

am i meant to get along with a terrorist?
Original post by Yisithegr8
western society is how it is because of 100's of years of evolution and still has work to do.
but islams laws of many wives and no women's rights etc are wrong and something needs to be done.

provide evidence that Islam gives no rights to women. Marrying 4 wives is not as simple as that, there are a lot of conditions that the man has to meet before he can do that. Research goes along way.
am i meant to get along with a terrorist?

It seems your intellect is naive, you have posed a stupid question. You come across as a counter productive individual. With hate there can be no peace and unity.
provide evidence that Islam gives no rights to women. Marrying 4 wives is not as simple as that, there are a lot of conditions that the man has to meet before he can do that. Research goes along way.

http://www.clarionproject.org/understanding-islamism/womens-rights-under-sharia

some things are obvious
It seems your intellect is naive, you have posed a stupid question. You come across as a counter productive individual. With hate there can be no peace and unity.

it was a sarcastic quetsion but it seems that your intellect is too limited for such, so i will resort to talking in a much simpler manner.
my point is that sometimes peace is not enough. peace doesn't work with people that don't want peace. i can only wish the terrorists want peace but they don't. so we must act accordngly and kill them before they kill us.

LOL copy and pasting from google is your answer to everything, not surprising. Elliot Friedland is he a muslim? Who is he to be writing about Islamic views? He hasn't quoted any references to the points he makes?
Quite frankly I can not take this seriously. Do you know what research is?
[QUOTE="BaconandSauce;63592615"]
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
There are a ton of Christian terrorist who have done worst in the past yet you don't hear about it on the newsQUOTE]

News

news (no͞oz, nyo͞oz)pl.n. (used with a sing. verb)

1. a. Information about recent events or happenings, especially as reported by means of newspapers, websites, radio, television, and other forms of media.
b. A presentation of such information, as in a newspaper or on a newscast: watched the evening news.

2. New information of any kind: The requirement was news to him.

3. Newsworthy material: "a public figure on a scale unimaginable in America; whatever he did was news" (James Atlas).

No need to tell me what the meaning of news is. In the past, that better
Can you name one religion that has done any good for the world?

Beautiful temples have been built for various religions and there is a lot of fascinating history but they all belong in the past.
it was a sarcastic quetsion but it seems that your intellect is too limited for such, so i will resort to talking in a much simpler manner.
my point is that sometimes peace is not enough. peace doesn't work with people that don't want peace. i can only wish the terrorists want peace but they don't. so we must act accordngly and kill them before they kill us.

The question is who created the terrorists though? Who made the first move?
LOL copy and pasting from google is your answer to everything, not surprising. Elliot Friedland is he a muslim? Who is he to be writing about Islamic views? He hasn't quoted any references to the points he makes?
Quite frankly I can not take this seriously. Do you know what research is?

never mind, I knew u weren't clever enough to understand this
Original post by WBZ144

Beautiful temples have been built for various religions and there is a lot of fascinating history but they all belong in the past.

i can name a religion that has done bad in the world tho
The question is who created the terrorists though? Who made the first move?

their own misinterpretation of the quran
i can name a religion that has done bad in the world tho

I can name a few.
Original post by WBZ144

well for the past millenia the world has been governed by 'godless' people who refer to themselves as zionists and what good have they done. They've killed and been the cause of more deaths probably since the beginning of mankind. So religion is not the issue.
Original post by WBZ144
I can name a few.

u have a very good point:ashamed2:
well for the past millenia the world has been governed by 'godless' people who refer to themselves as zionists and what good have they done. They've killed and been the cause of more deaths probably since the beginning of mankind. So religion is not the issue.

Zionism only began as a movement a little over a century ago. Many things cause death and destruction, but you cannot deny that religious fanaticism is one of those things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending