The Student Room Group

I like him but not his hair

There is this guy I am currently daating and I really like him. I just don't like his hair and I think it makes him look 15 :rofl: I've hinted at it but he likes it so I dont want to be pushy or mean. Am I being really ridiculous? :lol: Or maybe I'm just using this as an excuse to distance myself away from him cause I'm not ready for a relationship anyway xD IDK
His pubic hair?
Reply 2
Original post by KissMyAbs
His pubic hair?

no the hair on his head
no you're right, hair can really make a difference.
hint to him that him styling his hair better will lead to more sexual things from you... which inevitably it probably will since you'll enjoying look at him more etc etc
Original post by Anonymous
no the hair on his head

This is why I don't style my hair because so many guys end up looking like knobs when they do.
There is this guy I am currently daating and I really like him. I just don't like his hair and I think it makes him look 15 :rofl: I've hinted at it but he likes it so I dont want to be pushy or mean. Am I being really ridiculous? :lol: Or maybe I'm just using this as an excuse to distance myself away from him cause I'm not ready for a relationship anyway xD IDK

There's your answer?

Is his hair really that bad? Or is it more just not to your taste?
You could always tell him that another style would suit him better rather than beating around the bush about it?

If you really liked him that much his hairstyle wouldn't bother you to the extent it is.
tell him to use head n shoulders :afro:

That final point gives your answer, even if he changed his hair you'd be in the exact same position you're in now so please tell me: what's the point of this thread?

You don't "really like" him if his hair is making you distance yourself from him.

Let's be honest, if you really liked him, he could dye it pink and you wouldn't give one.

Onto more useful advice...

I would say any negative approach is probably going to provoke the angsty 15 year old side you're so anxious to get away from. Try to compliment him on having his hair a certain way, or make a gentle suggestion, etc if's he's not that attached to his hairstyle, he'll change it fairly promptly to impress you.

Or better yet, let the man have his own damn hairstyle.

SS
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by alkaline.
no you're right, hair can really make a difference.
hint to him that him styling his hair better will lead to more sexual things from you... which inevitably it probably will since you'll enjoying look at him more etc etc

I think its too early for me to start blackmailing him with sexual favours :lol:

Original post by MaseratiJay

His hair isn't THAT bad, it just makes him look a little childish I think. Its really hipsterish as well. But yeah I do like him and his hairstyle doesn't bother me THAT much.

Original post by JavaScriptMaster
That final point gives your answer, even if he changed his hair you'd be in the exact same position you're in now so please tell me: what's the point of this thread?

you're right I'd probably just find another fault to nitpick at, idk tbh

Original post by Supersaps
You don't "really like" him if his hair is making you distance yourself from him.

Let's be honest, if you really liked him, he could dye it pink and you wouldn't give one.

Onto more useful advice...

I would say any negative approach is probably going to provoke the angsty 15 year old side you're so anxious to get away from. Try to compliment him on having his hair a certain way, or make a gentle suggestion, etc if's he's not that attached to his hairstyle, he'll change it fairly promptly to impress you.

Or better yet, let the man have his own damn hairstyle.

SS

I'm not distancing myself away from him because of the haircut, its just a factor that I'm considering but I know its silly if I really do like him.
I think its too early for me to start blackmailing him with sexual favours :lol:

It's never too early.

Spoiler

Original post by alkaline.
It's never too early.

Spoiler

its the fact that its too long and its kind of a fringe. But I guess I could pretend its short or pretend give him a haircut and classically condition him then. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending