The Student Room Group

is it okay to drink bathroom water

water from the tap in the upstairs bathroom.

I am thirsty.
Its half past midnight.
I am too tired to go downstairs.

Will I be alright drinking from the bathroom tap?
Alternatively, there is a glass of water which has been uncovered for at least 2 weeks on my bedside. Which of the two is safer to drink?

responses ASAP so I can drink & sleep.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah, I drink from the bathroom tap every day

I mean, that could explain why this third eye is starting to grow, but I don't think it's bad for you...
Original post by Alexion

I mean, that could explain why this third eye is starting to grow, but I don't think it's bad for you...

This got me :lol:
Water from the tap in the upstairs bathroom is probably better. Most likely neither one will kill you.
Reply 4
I'd go for the tap if it were me
Reply 5
Original post by Alexion

what the... eyes growing in wierd places seriously creeps me out
pls don't say there is a risk of this or even some baby-eye-spud starting to grow :/
not if the bathroom water comes from a tank, if straight from the pipe its ok
my autistic brother always does it even though my dad tries to stop him and he hasn't died yet ... I mean he's pretty healthy :lol: so I'm sure its fine !!
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
what the... eyes growing in wierd places seriously creeps me out
pls don't say there is a risk of this or even some baby-eye-spud starting to grow :/

Don't worry, mine's nice and symmetrically placed in the centre of my forehead :yep: so nothing to worry about...
Reply 9
Original post by newblood
not if the bathroom water comes from a tank, if straight from the pipe its ok

oh **** I don't know, I don't think that it does since we don't actually have a tank but sometimes hot water runs out ?!
what will happen if it is from the tank?
Reply 10
Mind you once your up and mobile you might as well go downstairs and get it from the kitchen
Original post by curiousduck
my autistic brother always does it even though my dad tries to stop him and he hasn't died yet ... I mean he's pretty healthy :lol: so I'm sure its fine !!

lmao

Original post by Alexion
Don't worry, mine's nice and symmetrically placed in the centre of my forehead :yep: so nothing to worry about...

what no please! Have some mercy.

So cruel.
Original post by Thomb
Mind you once your up and mobile you might as well go downstairs and get it from the kitchen

2 flights of stairs matey vs 2 metres to the bathroom.
also it's warmer downstairs than it is upstairs, so upon my return I will get pissed off at the coldness & temp. change
Reply 13
2 flights of stairs matey vs 2 metres to the bathroom.
also it's warmer downstairs than it is upstairs, so upon my return I will get pissed off at the coldness & temp. change

It'll do you good all that exercise
water from the tap in the upstairs bathroom.

I am thirsty.
Its half past midnight.
I am too tired to go downstairs.

Will I be alright drinking from the bathroom tap?
Alternatively, there is a glass of water which has been uncovered for at least 2 weeks on my bedside. Which of the two is safer to drink?

responses ASAP so I can drink & sleep.

It largely depends on the condition of your water cistern. An uncovered and old tank in the loft would be pretty horrible to drink from (and could contain spider body parts and rust), whereas a modern sealed plastic tank wouldn't be so bad.
Oh no it is full of deadly diseases :wink:
oh **** I don't know, I don't think that it does since we don't actually have a tank but sometimes hot water runs out ?!
what will happen if it is from the tank?

things can get pretty nasty if its been left to stew in the tank, i wouldnt risk it personally gyal,,
Original post by Thomb
It'll do you good all that exercise

no thank you, typing these words on the laptop is enough excercise

Original post by Good bloke
It largely depends on the condition of your water cistern. An uncovered and old tank in the loft would be pretty horrible to drink from (and could contain spider body parts and rust), whereas a modern sealed plastic tank wouldn't be so bad.

OMFG

Original post by newblood
things can get pretty nasty if its been left to stew in the tank, i wouldnt risk it personally gyal,,

oh god, surely it would be noticeable in the water coming out of the tap if it was in this state.
I don't think it is tank water since when I spend waaay too long in shower I can literally smell chlorine off my skin, it must be pipe right?
Only in some countries. In Western Europe and North America you should be fine.
no thank you, typing these words on the laptop is enough excercise

OMFG

oh god, surely it would be noticeable in the water coming out of the tap if it was in this state.
I don't think it is tank water since when I spend waaay too long in shower I can literally smell chlorine off my skin, it must be pipe right?
will

not observable, only would you notice the effects when its consumed. If you swallow water in the shower and are still fine then its OK, otherwise..

Latest