The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bobkata
Interesting theory. It may be right. I got my offer at exactly 4:45 pm :biggrin:

Anyway, I am from Eastern Europe and 4:45 here is 2:45 in the UK.

Where are you from? I'm from Eastern Europe as well :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
[QUOTE="Lalala97;63494545"]
Original post by Bobkata
Interesting theory. It may be right. I got my offer at exactly 4:45 pm :biggrin:

Anyway, I am from Eastern Europe and 4:45 here is 2:45 in the UK.

Where are you from? I'm from Eastern Europe as well :smile:

Best region! :biggrin: from Bulgaria and you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Bobkata;63494725"]
Original post by Lalala97

Best region! :biggrin: from Bulgaria and you?

Romania! We're neighbours
Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Lalala97;63494899"]
Original post by Bobkata

Hey neighbour :biggrin: are you firming Durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swissy9
Hi Emily, Congratulations.
Perhaps you can answer a question, there is a theory circulating that Durham offers/rejections occur at 4.45 pm each day , what time did you hear?

I've actually received an offer at 4.47 pm! wow I think the theory is right
[QUOTE="Bobkata;63495319"]

Hey neighbour :biggrin: are you firming Durham?

Yes, I think so. What about you?
Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Lalala97;63495607"]
Original post by Bobkata

Definitely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gingerlamps1335
Hey guys, just wondering, who's going with their parents to the offer holders open day? I wasn't sure whether or not it was just for applicants

I don't know anyone going with their parents. I think there's a talk that parents are invited to, but frankly, I don't think parents should attend offer days. When I was first an undergrad, the idea that your parents would accompany you was just laughable.

It's a bit like all those parents who man the phones on results day: step back, and let your kids take responsibility for their own futures.
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE="Bobkata;63498055"]

Definitely

Whar do you plan to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer for law :smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bobkata
I got an offer for law :smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Combined Honours in Social Sciences :smile:
Original post by Pauli14
I have one as well, but I've been allocated Collingwood! I'm most probably going to firm Durham. Are you going to the open days next week? ☺️

That's great, Collingwood looks like a lovely college! Yeah, Durham's my favourite so far too. No, I'm not going to be able to unfortunately. I had booked but I've been ill unfortunately. If you're going I'm sure you'll have a great time! What other unis did you apply to? :smile:
Original post by nobodycarescarla
Hey I have an offer at St.Johns for Biosciences :smile: trying to choose between Durham Warwick and York but Durham will probably be my firm! You going to the offer day Tuesday?

Yeah, I thought St Johns looked lovely too! It took me a while to choose between St Johns and St Chads because they both looked so nice! :smile: No, I'm not unfortunately. I had booked but I've been ill so I'm not going to be able to go. Good luck if you go though! I'm sure you'll have a great time! :biggrin:
Original post by markreed
Got an unconditional offer for Anthropology :h:

My college application was open, and I've been assigned to Van Mildert College. Really happy.

what are your gsce and AS grades if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Ladybird4
what are your gsce and AS grades if you don't mind me asking?

- At GCSE, I got 1 A*, 6 As, 4 Bs and 3 Cs.
- At A-Level, I got 1 A*. 1 A and 3 Bs.

Hope that helps.
hey ive got a quick question about the post offer holders day
im going tomorrow but i literally have no idea what im doing, they said to get there at 2 o clock and then the next day im going to a talk on my subject, but other than that i dont really know what im doing. Am I supposed to know this or will they tell me everything when I get there?
Original post by Gingerlamps1335
hey ive got a quick question about the post offer holders day
im going tomorrow but i literally have no idea what im doing, they said to get there at 2 o clock and then the next day im going to a talk on my subject, but other than that i dont really know what im doing. Am I supposed to know this or will they tell me everything when I get there?

there will be a shuttle bus from the train station with durham students meeting you
Accepted my offer for criminology so dont know if anyone else is doing that? In collingwood college as well
Offer, Medicine!
Original post by kilworth94
Accepted my offer for criminology so dont know if anyone else is doing that? In collingwood college as well

I'm in Collingwood too! And I was at the open days☺️ Did you go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending