The Student Room Group

Student Finance - LOST P60!!!

I am applying for student finance, I have completed my part of the form but as I got onto my parents part, we could not enter any details. Only my mum got her P60 for the period 2014-2015 while we couldn't find my dad's. Therefore my dad asked his employer see if they got a copy but they haven't and being so mad about it...
I really need get their figures as I am sure that our household income is under 25K so I need a level of support in university.

So what can I do? I am so stressed
Reply 1
Original post by Language student
I am applying for student finance, I have completed my part of the form but as I got onto my parents part, we could not enter any details. Only my mum got her P60 for the period 2014-2015 while we couldn't find my dad's. Therefore my dad asked his employer see if they got a copy but they haven't and being so mad about it...
I really need get their figures as I am sure that our household income is under 25K so I need a level of support in university.

So what can I do? I am so stressed

Your parents should be able to get duplicates from HMRC. Not complicated.
Original post by Klix88
Your parents should be able to get duplicates from HMRC. Not complicated.

I read on somewhere that they can't and HMRC won't provide a new copy
Reply 3
Original post by Language student
I read on somewhere that they can't and HMRC won't provide a new copy

OK, then get his to call their his Tax Office, who will be able to provide alternative proof.

Bit dodgy that your Dad's employer can't give duplicates though.
Original post by Klix88
OK, then get his to call their his Tax Office, who will be able to provide alternative proof.

Bit dodgy that your Dad's employer can't give duplicates though.

Yes I agree about that, right thank you
This is strange I couldnt reply o this a few minutes ago. Perhaps its changed forums.

1. His employer should probide the replacement and keep copies for 3 years. Many of them can supply an electronic copy since 2011. For whatever reason they say they cnat but do talk to someone in pay roll.
2 It appears what you need is the year to date total and the employer reference number. They will obviously know their employer reference number and can work out his year to date earnings from a payslip.
3. If 2 fails (it shouldnt) then you cna contact HMRC, who cannot probide you with a P60 who will be able to give you alternate proof as mentioned by Klix88.

No need to panic, it happens quite often. If you are contacting the tax office then do it early before the phone lines get busy.

You can look at this link for an explanation, but do not use their paid service as there is no need. Its merely an explanation.
http://www.i-payslips.co.uk/replacement-p60.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending