The Student Room Group

I'm an asexual girl - AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katty3
Ace is a contraction of asexual. Ace also means awesome so it's fitting in a way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is it fitting? What's "awesome" about being asexual?
Reply 101
Original post by Anonymous
As the title says. I'm 17, female, and asexual. AMA

What is the mating procedure for an asexual human girl?
Original post by wallah abdi
How is it fitting? What's "awesome" about being asexual?

Because the lack of sex and any interest in it freaks people out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by Katty3
You can't become asexual. You just are or aren't. It's an act of God.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok :frown: thanks for letting me know...
Original post by Katty3
Because the lack of sex and any interest in it freaks people out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not what awesome means.
- Hobbies/ interests?
- Personality wise, do you identify more with guys or with girls? In terms of the way you act, talk, body language etc.
Reply 106
I love science but everyone has different aims in their life. Some desire relationships, love, sexual joy, spiritual peace, some want a career or money, I would say whatever makes people happy they should stick with it.

I'm an ace too but it's not awesome or better or worse than anyone of other sexuality, we are just who we are.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by NicoleArbour
Hey! I believe that gay and straight people exist. None of this asexual, bisexual, transsexual and demisexual business. People put labels on everything, things that don't even exist. It's a phase, you'll grow out of it, maybe see a doctor for your low sex drive.

Really - Bisexual?
Original post by dipka
Is 'ace' a code word for asexual? or what does it mean?

I'm not sure about if I want children or not, but if I did decide I would defiantly foster/adopt rather than go through sex, pregnancy and birth!

Why is the disability of the child you adopt relevant?
But, if I was going to foster/adopt I would specifically look for someone with a disability.

It's just that some seem to prefer not to adopt somebody with a disability but good to see you aren't one of those people! :h:
Original post by Anonymous
As the title says. I'm 17, female, and asexual. AMA
So what?
Have you ever been in a relationship?
If so, did it end badly?
If not, do you plan to be in one, despite the lack of attraction?
Original post by sadly
Hi how do I become asexual?

I guess you just know it?? Main clue is, you are not attracted to anyone, any gender
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 112
meh

I'm 17, male, and asexual
Maybe you just haven't found someone you're attracted to yet.
Pleasure is a very important thing for your health. Sex = pleasure, if you're not attracted to them you won't enjoy it. All kind of benefits I'm sure you can ask google about if you're unsure.
Yeah I didn't say it was necessary, which seems to be the point your making.
Original post by sadly
Oh ok :frown: thanks for letting me know...

Ignore the religious aspect of it. Sexuality is fluid, it is not determined by a 'god', who most likely doesn't exist since it cannot be scientifically proven.

As forementioned. Sexuality is fluid. Therefore you can be ace if you want to. But know, just like homosexuality or bisexuality, it is a label you give yourself. If you feel lacking in sexual desires, attractions and do not feel aroused often or at all, you may decide you are asexual.

If you don't masturbate, or rarely masturbate, get little pleasure from it, don't find the opposite or same sex sexually desirable and don't particularly mind if you remain a virgin for your life, those are usually strong indications that you may be ace.

Quick Reply

Latest