The Student Room Group

Suggest a good tv show to binge on

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ByronicHero
The Wire is fantastic in general, and Gossip Girl

Those happen to be two of my boyfriends favourites, he has diverse tastes to say the least :P Good wife looks like a good watch :smile:
Modern Family ,!!!
Original post by BristolFresher15
I'm sure you've watched Friends but if you haven't then you definitely should. Favorite TV show of all time.

I was born in the 90's of course i ve watched friends :wink:
Original post by claireestelle
Those happen to be two of my boyfriends favourites, he has diverse tastes to say the least :P Good wife looks like a good watch :smile:

They are two of my favourites too :lol:

I have seen every episode of Gilmore Girls twice, and The OC probably three times :facepalm2:

I recommend Rome very highly. It was a travesty that they didn't make more of it.
Original post by Inexorably
Modern Family ,!!!

How could I forget this. One of the best shows on TV at the moment.
Ever tried delving into the Anime scene?
How could I forget this. One of the best shows on TV at the moment.

It's so hilarious. You're Cam.

I am a Mitchel or Claire or Alex
Original post by Alexion
Ever tried delving into the Anime scene?

It's overrated
It depends what you want.

The killing (forbydelsen) the original danish version. think Girl with dragon tattoo, but better. Single murder case over 20 episodes. twisty, complex supsense thriller.
The bridge (broen) the original Danish version- twisty complex thriller murder cases with a contrasting pair of cops.

both major charcater are female.

Spiral- French cop show- excleent and 5 seasons so far.

The Returned- missing people keep coming back from the dead.

Da Vincis demons- fast paced reimagining of leonardo- bit fantasy- V good and fun. 3 seasons

Breaking bad 5 seasons- considered by many to be the best TV series ever. Outstanding main charcater who you believe is that person. Drugs.

Black sails- a reimagining of the pirate life 20 years before treasure island. Best pirate series ever.

Jessica jones- sispenseful marbel superhero with a difference- dark and has a lot to do with power control andabusive relationships.

24 the one that started it all-9 seasons I think.

Bayylestar galactica- best sci fi tv series- even if you dont like sci fi.

I cna add on Mad Men, Homeland, the Americans.
I'm currently binge-watching Daredevil. The second season just came out, strongly recommended.

The Good Wife has some of the best writing and is a great drama/crime-ish law series, cannot get enough of it.
^^Show i ve liked in the past include:greys anatomy yes!big bang theory uhuhgame of thrones ohhh yeahsuitssouth park

PERSON OF INTEREST! Oh my dear god I love that show more than anything ever, more than Friends or the Good Wife @ByronicHero, and I've seen all of those episodes.
Just watch the trailer, they've got to the fifth season so far and I love it too much. It's got everything I ever wanted: Action, drama, romance, comedy, surveillance sci-fi :tongue: too much
[video="youtube;68xN_BNYhc4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68xN_BNYhc4[/video]
Original post by OddFuturez
It's overrated

Let's agree to disagree
Happy Endings is also really good! Its lesser known but underrated in my opinion. Damon Wayans Jr. is absolutely hilarious.
Oh no, I'll have to settle for Diaz...oh no....

Actually I'll take Terry and his yoghurt :wink:

Original post by Kvothe the arcane
It's so hilarious. You're Cam.

I am a Mitchel or Claire or Alex

I had Cam as my avatar for a few hours at one point. I love him :lol:

If I were the homosex he would be my inspo.
I had Cam as my avatar for a few hours at one point. I love him :lol:

If I were the homosex he would be my inspo.

He's alright. But would grate on me.

Are we still playing this game? :wink:
Original post by Ethereal World

She's right. Like men who don't keep a knife in their room and some sort of weapon by the door.

Original post by Kvothe the arcane
He's alright. But would grate on me.

Are we still playing this game? :wink:

Stop trying to gay me FFS :facepalm2:
I missed off Dexter. and Vikings
(edited 8 years ago)
House MD
and
The X Files
Original post by SeanFM
Modern Family. Not particularly similar to any of the ones you've listed but I love it. It's one of those shows that requires 100% of your attention to watch all of the small things that characters are doing, rather than having it on in the background.

I think I might have been missing out then, I've been enjoying it pretty mindlessly so far.

I would recommend: Entourage or Sons of Anarchy.

Quick Reply

Latest