The Student Room Group

Do You Really Need It Twice

Hello.

I applied for a 24+ Student Loan in the middle of July last year; at the time SFE wanted evidence to prove my age and identity and so I sent my original birth certificate in. The loan went through and I got on my course.
Now I'm applying again but this time for university related loans. Is there any way SFE could just look up my (not even a year) old records to save the hassle of sending precious documents in?
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Hello.

I applied for a 24+ Student Loan in the middle of July last year; at the time SFE wanted evidence to prove my age and identity and so I sent my original birth certificate in. The loan went through and I got on my course.
Now I'm applying again but this time for university related loans. Is there any way SFE could just look up my (not even a year) old records to save the hassle of sending precious documents in?

You could ring them and ask if they can see the evidence record for your 24+ loan application. It's possible that the 2 systems for the different loans have no overlap (so the people processing university loans can't see your details from your 24+ loan) but there's no harm in asking them.
Original post by PQ
You could ring them and ask if they can see the evidence record for your 24+ loan application. It's possible that the 2 systems for the different loans have no overlap (so the people processing university loans can't see your details from your 24+ loan) but there's no harm in asking them.

Thanks for the reply; now to find a phone number that doesn't cost 12p a minute!
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Thanks for the reply; now to find a phone number that doesn't cost 12p a minute!

http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

Something there might help. It is the site I tend to use to find alternate numbers.
Original post by ByronicHero
http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

Something there might help. It is the site I tend to use to find alternate numbers.

:lol: Thank you but I tried that site just yesterday for this exact reason. Glad to meet a fellow penny pincher though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending