The Student Room Group

Belgium attacks: Yet again, just the standard response and no action

Scroll to see replies

I agree 1000000%. Each time something like this happens we respond with sentimental, pretty words and no tangible action. We will continue to get attacked because we refuse to do anything.
Original post by the bear
this is the only way to defeat these terror clowns. they are sad people who are not able to form normal relationships. their stupid explosions are just toddlers throwing toys out of the pram.

Preach my friend!

Love trumps hate!

Love is our greatest weapon!

Defeat terrorism by showering Muslim communities with hugs, not bombs!

Peace <3
Original post by XxSophie01xX
I agree 1000000%. Each time something like this happens we respond with sentimental, pretty words and no tangible action. We will continue to get attacked because we refuse to do anything.

We will continue to get attacked because people are too obsessed with blaming others, rather than fighting the root cause, which is the mistreatment of the Muslim community. Show them love! That will defeat terrorism! Show them that you do not view them with suspicion! Put aside your prejudices and embrace the diversity they bring!
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
If you can't handle a newspaper article without being triggered, you're just not going to survive

Yes, yes thanks for your input! :h:
Reply 44
From the French and Belgian attacks and news broadcasts, I've come to realize it's not about how many people die it's about what country the terror attacks occur in. I'll be seeing Beligum on the news for at least a couple more days. Please have other countries that have been attacked by terrorists in your minds and please pray for turkey, Ivory Coast, Nigeria and even the Middle East that gets bombed by American and European forces and their allies all in the name of finding "terrorists" that by the way Americans created. I'm an American writing this btw
(edited 8 years ago)
He'd have a point if he actually came up with an alternative action which could/should be taken.
Original post by Z212
From the French and Belgian attacks and news broadcasts, I've come to realize it's not about how many people die it's about what country the terror attacks occur in. I'll be see Beligum on the news for at least a couple more days. Please have other countries that have been attacked by terrorists in your minds and please pray for turkey, Ivory Coast, Nigeria and even the Middle East that gets bombed by American and European forces and their allies all in the name of finding "terrorists" that by the way Americans created. I'm an American writing this btw

Preach!

All lives matter equally, and no death should be ignored

The West's intolerance is reaping what it has sown: hatred of the West.

Fight hate with love!

Love trumps hate!

Peace <3
Maybe it is about time those complaining about inaction to take action themselves if their governments and society won't.

They could easily travel to Syria and take up arms against ISIS by fighting alongside the Kurds or whoever. Trade unionists and other left wingers were willing to fight Franco while Britain was more concerned with appeasing fascism. It's disappointing that more Brits have taken it upon themselves to travel out there and for fight for ISIS than against them.
Original post by Quantex
Maybe it is about time those complaining about inaction to take action themselves if their governments and society won't.

They could easily travel to Syria and take up arms against ISIS by fighting alongside the Kurds or whoever. Trade unionists and other left wingers were willing to fight Franco while Britain was more concerned with appeasing fascism. It's disappointing that more Brits have taken it upon themselves to travel out there and for fight for ISIS than against them.

Haha yes, a very good idea!

Spoiler

Original post by AlwaysWatching
Citizenship lessons in mosques and verbal examinations (with translation help if needed) with questions like: Is it acceptable to kill a homosexual y/n? Do women deserve the same rights as men y/n? Should Adolf Hitler be celebrated for killing Jews y/n?

The real problem is who funds and therefore controls many of the mosques in the UK. Many of our mosques receive foreign funding from Wahhabi and Salafi influenced groups from places like Saudi Arabia and Qatar. As long as that funding keeps coming in, they are still going to have control over what is and isn't taught in our Mosques. Maybe we could follow Austria's lead and at least control or limit the foreign funding of mosques in the UK?
Original post by Quantex

That would be illegal and have you tried on terrorism chages when you returned. the Franco comparison is a good one though times have changed.

This D.M. should take a look at the appeasing multiculturist Mods on TSR. There is only one cure, bop-bop-bop.
Original post by Multiculturalism
The terrorists want to divide us

The last response they want is love!

Love trumps hate!

You can't bomb an ideology. But you can show its followers unconditional love. Love is the greatest weapon against terror!

Love muslims, and they will love you back!

Peace <3
Maybe we should hold an international Hug A Muslim day.
Original post by Tootles
Maybe we should hold an international Hug A Muslim day.

That sounds like a great idea!

Everyone deserves love!

If we all get together and care for each other, we will forget our differences!
That sounds like a great idea!

Everyone deserves love!

If we all get together and care for each other, we will forget our differences!
'Mkay well you arrange it and I'll find a Muslim and hug them.
Original post by Tootles
'Mkay well you arrange it and I'll find a Muslim and hug them.

Don't you have any Muslim friends?
Don't you have any Muslim friends?
Surely if I only hug friends that's not being an open and accepting person. Everybody is friends :woo:

Spoiler

Original post by XxSophie01xX

What action do you wnat and explain why that would be effective?
Original post by AlwaysWatching
The solution is to first identify, correctly, the problem. The problem is Islamism. The problem is Islam. The problem is that integration between two polar opposite cultures does not work. The solution is assimilate to western values, and drop their religion in the way many Christians have been pacified in this country, or face deportation. Muslims need to reform their religion and undergo a 'renaissance' and 'enlightenment' period.

This.

inb4 you are just doing what the IS want and fuelling radicalism and are to blame for islamists killing civilians because you hurt their feelings so its your fault.
Original post by Z212
the Middle East that gets bombed by American and European forces and their allies all in the name of finding "terrorists" that by the way Americans created.

:facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending