The Student Room Group

Bank of America Merrill Lynch- Banking Uncovered 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thesmallman
Guys give us a chance for this insight haha :biggrin: ul probs smash it come SWs, I'm nowhere as good as u guys looool

Looool, you underestimate yourself bro!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah reject gang, going to have to shape up before it comes to Uni with my application skills.
It will be fine guys, loads of other ones. Congrats on the guys that got through tho.
Original post by Conquest.
When did they say end of march? - did you get an email or something regarding the J.P.Morgan internship

Yes mate they said there is a huge delay in applications so you will hear back end of march and if you have not sent ur form in do it now etc.
Original post by Princepieman
Didn't get it lads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol wtf?!? Sorry to hear that boss, don't see why they didn't pick you - tbh seems to me the application game is rigged af and totally inconsistent
Original post by iBall

I've gotten onto Nomura and BAML so far and am willing to have a look at some of your CV's etc if you drop me a PM. Keep your heads up 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

will pm you later today
Original post by amahmoud0129
Yes mate they said there is a huge delay in applications so you will hear back end of march and if you have not sent ur form in do it now etc.

Didn't it close late Dec last year?
Original post by President J
Didn't it close late Dec last year?

Ye mate but they updated everyone a few weeks ago

By these forms, do you mean the parental consent forms and etc.
Original post by Conquest.
By these forms, do you mean the parental consent forms and etc.

Nope this is what they said We are currently in the process of reviewing and shortlisting applications due to the high volume of candidates. We hope to be in touch with all applicants by the end of March. We thank you for your patience.:smile:
Nope this is what they said We are currently in the process of reviewing and shortlisting applications due to the high volume of candidates. We hope to be in touch with all applicants by the end of March. We thank you for your patience.:smile:

Sorry to keep on asking you questions - Did the SMF send you this? I haven't received anything since the launch event.
No problem man i can understand , Yes they sent me this on the 25th Feb , however i called them and they send this is was sent to some people by mistake. So you have nothing to worry about :smile:
I am from the north and am a male in year 12 and go to an independant school. I've researched and just wanted to check with you guys that these are the programmes available to me and I am eligible for. Some of the year 12 programmes are available to year 13 as well.

Year 12
Nomura first step
JP Morgan think ahead / work experience programmes
BOAML banking uncovered
HSBC work experience
RBS Work Experience
BNP Paribas (Asset Management)
KPMG discovery programme
PWC business insight week
EY Skills Academy
Hymans and Robertsons (Actuary)

Year 13:
Credit suisse insight day
Morgan Stanley mixed open day
Jp Morgan insight day
Rbs insight day
HSBC insight day

Have I missed any other work experience programmes that will be useful for economics and IB/accountancy? Thanks guys appreciate it.
Im from up north aswell :tongue: when did Bnp and hyman and robertson open?
Im from up north aswell :tongue: when did Bnp and hyman and robertson open?

Bnp is finished, hymans opened during Feb
Original post by _Bridgewater_
I am from the north and am a male in year 12 and go to an independant school. I've researched and just wanted to check with you guys that these are the programmes available to me and I am eligible for. Some of the year 12 programmes are available to year 13 as well.

Year 12
Nomura first step
JP Morgan think ahead / work experience programmes
BOAML banking uncovered
HSBC work experience
RBS Work Experience
BNP Paribas (Asset Management)
KPMG discovery programme
PWC business insight week
EY Skills Academy
Hymans and Robertsons (Actuary)

Year 13:
Credit suisse insight day
Morgan Stanley mixed open day
Jp Morgan insight day
Rbs insight day
HSBC insight day

Have I missed any other work experience programmes that will be useful for economics and IB/accountancy? Thanks guys appreciate it.

Would throw in IB Top 100 by bright network for year 13. Apart from that, it's a pretty good list.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Would throw in IB Top 100 by bright network for year 13. Apart from that, it's a pretty good list.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for that man. Also what summer courses/school/masterclasses would you recommend for economics at university or is there even any point as they are all pretty expensive and im not even eligible for many of the cheaper/free options.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by _Bridgewater_
Thanks for that man. Also what summer courses/school/masterclasses would you recommend for economics at university or is there even any point as they are all pretty expensive and im not even eligible for many of them.

Pretty much. If you can afford it, maybe check out the summer high school programs at Brown, Stanford and Harvard. I'm not sure if you've missed the deadline but the 'Leadership in the Business World' programme (I got an offer for it 2 years ago, but I chose an MIT program instead) run by Wharton is a solid one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm working with comp sci grads on an program that analyses companies etc...with the aim being to replace Investment Bankers. There's good progress and I reckon it'll be operational between June this year and June 2018. I can't wait until banks fire 50%+ of IB jobs and use this software instead. Indeed, I can't wait until you guys are out of a job.
Original post by DrownedDeity
I'm working with comp sci grads on an program that analyses companies etc...with the aim being to replace Investment Bankers. There's good progress and I reckon it'll be operational between June this year and June 2018. I can't wait until banks fire 50%+ of IB jobs and use this software instead. Indeed, I can't wait until you guys are out of a job.

Good luck dude. What exactly does this software automate? 'Analysing companies' is quite vague.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending