The Student Room Group

will uni fees ever go down or will they go up?

I was thinking of doing an apprenticeship and wait until uni fees go down so... or should i quickly go uni before the fees go up
Original post by jk_s
I was thinking of doing an apprenticeship and wait until uni fees go down so... or should i quickly go uni before the fees go up

I dont think they are ever going to decrease.
Reply 2
Hopefully they won't go down.

But don't base decisions on what 'may' or 'may not' happen. Nothing is predictable.
It's unlikely to go down.

Don't delay unnecessarily if you want to go, the loan payback scheme is far better now than it used to be too.
Reply 3
Original post by jk_s

I agree with the above posters, in that making a decision based on what may or may not happen with fees, is a mistake. Anything could happen - although it's very unlikely that fees will go down, in my opinion. It would be a vote loser, so the politicians won't do it. After the LibDem fiasco, tuition fees are a toxic subject so politicians are likely to steer clear of them.

Do you have a longer term goal? If so, would an apprenticeship or a degree get you there? Do the one which is the best fit for your current ambitions.

If you're just hedging your bets by considering both, then bear in mind that apprenticeships can have age limits for funding which don't apply to degrees. It may be better to do an apprenticeship now and look to do a degree in a few years.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest